Living in Private Housing With No Income

therock

Supercharged

I hope.. that this  move is to secretly find out which are the one that are not declaring or under-declare their taxes..

at the same time, encouraging those that have financial difficulties to sell and downgrade.

↡ Advertisement

To be fair, the article didn't even state other exceptional circumstances, such as those who are genuinely poor, living in landed property belonging to someone else, and having little or no assets to their name.

The article seems to have succeeded in making most people take a negative stance against this group, by assuming that they are living in private property that belongs to them.

• Praise 1

To be fair, the article didn't even state other exceptional circumstances, such as those who are genuinely poor, living in landed property belonging to someone else, and having little or no assets to their name.

The article seems to have succeeded in making most people take a negative stance against this group, by assuming that they are living in private property that belongs to them.

Its not against THIS group per se of course, but against the group pointed out earlier where they have valuable hard assets beyond many others but yet stretch out for help.

MCF not so shallow lah.

These are the ones that dont have any option but to seek state assistance.

Those that are living on a gold mine (landed).....they have options.....

Options as in selling or renting out?

Supercharged

The have a bigger right to aid than newly minted citizens and FT kids paying subsidised uni fees.

Options as in selling or renting out?

Possible, depends on what the owners wants.

Option 1 : They can sell the landed property, get a lump sum and downgrade to condo or HDB.

Option 2 : They can also rent out the whole place and rent a smaller condo or HDB to stay. Or,

Option 3 : They can also rent out bedrooms and still concurrently stay in the same premises if they want to maintain the luxury of space for Taji in the morning....

Possible, depends on what the owners wants.

Option 1 : They can sell the landed property, get a lump sum and downgrade to condo or HDB.

Option 2 : They can also rent out the whole place and rent a smaller condo or HDB to stay. Or,

Option 3 : They can also rent out bedrooms and still concurrently stay in the same premises if they want to maintain the luxury of space for Taji in the morning....

But people who live in landed property may not necessarily by short of cash. They just wanna take advantage of whatever subsidy the govt can give. But the govt also wise. If not, people will take advantage.

Turbocharged

Nice post.

Why did people assume living in landed means owning landed?

Hypersonic
(edited)

... aiyah .... TCSS...... carry on with your undertable wiping job lah!! cum Valet  [laugh]... all go into pocket 1 ... "kaching kaching" like kash register ...... eehh U 1  2   know which Bank FD bestest???   :a-fun:

I stay hdb and no income how ....

Edited by BanCoe
  • Praise 5

... aiyah .... TCSS...... carry on with your undertable wiping job lah!! cum Valet  [laugh]... all go into pocket 1 ... "kaching kaching" like kash register ...... eehh U 1  2   know which Bank FD bestest???   :a-fun:

Dont tell me Siam Bank or BKK bank   :XD:  unless they give TomYam soup 

• Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

(edited)

ICBC  or SBI bank ?  

Edited by Hondaes8

Twincharged

Agree with you on the hospitalization means testing issue , my mom also cannot use C ward , has to use B2 ward to economize on the bills becos of means testing , she don’t like AC and like go kaypoh TCSS talk to other patients in open wards , she is frugal and saved and had property from dad and bloody hell pays tax too, this Gen of people just don’t want to spend and live simply....... but I don’t think they force you to use A class

policy has to done slowly. You dont want a huge mayhem and run things such as this high handedly.

If one day the transport cost goes up. we may have to take GRAn and GoJek because we can afford it ?

How about food court.?

Even our way of life in chope the table like a poor man version of Marche is frown upon

Hypersonic

Dont tell me Siam Bank or BKK bank :XD: unless they give TomYam soup

BKK Bank ........ renewed 2.18%
  • Praise 4

Hypersonic

These are the ones that dont have any option but to seek state assistance.

Those that are living on a gold mine (landed).....they have options.....

wah... did that useless guy really whip his wife with his belt in front of the tv camera?

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/asset-rich-cash-poor-retirees-speak-up

Its an old article.

But this is what they are talking about. 

This group of people are

1) getting larger, due to our aging populations

2) relatively educated 

3) they had stable relatively higher paying jobs back in the 60s, probably as teachers or civil servants

The truth is, back in my parents days, these people were the atas crowd, cos the poor moved from farms to HDB.  

These people have the means to pay for their house(kia geh chu/ang mo chu)

Many of you would know what the term denotes, not just a house, but a upper class kind of thing vs 'cheng hu chu'

They are now retired, but living in landed. Sorry 0 sympathies from me.

Many times its all about face for these people.  

Don't use my (our) taxes to pay for these people who have 'adjustment problems'. 

Paiseh. Please sell. 

• Praise 2