Someone left a bag containing $40k on bus 63

Stooky

SINGAPORE - Bus driver Saw Cheong Seng did not pay much attention to a bag that a passenger handed to him on Friday morning (May 10) while he was driving service 63.

He gave it a quick glance and saw stacks of paper inside, which the 59-year-old thought were betting slips.

But after he completed his round at the Eunos Bus Interchange, the senior bus captain was stunned to find the bag had two stacks of $100 and $50 notes, each several centimetres thick. The money in the bag added up to $39,602.10.

The passenger, who handed the bag to Mr Saw at around 8.40am at the bus stop across the street from the Outram Park MRT station, had said another passenger had left it behind.

Mr Saw gave the bag with the money to the interchange manager.

The money was subsequently handed to the police, a spokesman for SBS Transit said, adding that a police report had been made.

Mr Saw, a bus driver with the company for 13 years, said he wanted to make sure every cent was returned to its rightful owner.

"I would not be able to sleep tonight if I took this sum of money that does not belong to me," he told The Straits Times in Chinese on Friday evening.

"I would feel troubled if my passengers are not able to get back their lost items, especially their money."

colin-bd4-10.jpg?itok=BLCleR0T&timestamp

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 14

Supercharged

Unlikely someone forgets a large heavy bag full of cash when alighting from bus.

Sounds like dirty money that this someone decided to sever any connection with.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Ahemmm....our sifu T2 take SBS bus one meh? His 911 broke down that day or wat? 

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

Unlikely someone forgets a large heavy bag full of cash when alighting from bus.

Sounds like dirty money that this someone decided to sever any connection with.

Haha ... "Carlo, I brought the stuff, so where's the money?" *ooops!!*

Bus driver smart not to try to keep it, will bring trouble.

Edited by Sosaria

(edited)

This one fake new or not? 

Anyone carrying $40k cannot be so sloppy right?  I would have hold the bag tightly man

Or maybe he was carrying $4m and dropped 1% on the bus  :nosepick:

Edited by Old-driver
  • Praise 2

Supersonic

Who the hell travels on public transport with 40k in cash. Haha cannot take taxi??

So dun see bus commuter no up hor

We bring ezlink card to take bus. Some bring a bagload of cash. Just in case ezlink card spoil

Hypersonic

This one fake new or not?

Anyone carrying $40k cannot be so sloppy right? I would have hold the bag tightly man

Or maybe he was carrying $4m and dropped 1% on the bus :nosepick:

Maybe he had ten bags and forgot one.

(edited)

Either its Black money 黑钱  or from money changer or from bookie ....  [laugh]  carry 40K dont take cab , but take bus ?  [hur]

Or someone going to meet T2 to buy Rolex ?  [laugh]

Edited by Angcheek
  • Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Hypersonic

hahha Ya lor .......... stupid bankCoe say min 50K , so I throw away my bag . :XD:

Bank Coe regretfully says........ Abuthen
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2