Spare Tire - where can I find a replacement?

therock

Twincharged
(edited)

Just had a brisk run on the north south highway and there’s a vibration at higher speeds

I’m guessing it has something to do with the new tires?

Any place which does a good balancing?

KL or SG?

KL. Not balancing, but I did my alignment at a continental shop and it was spot on. it was only $30RM.

Edited by Mkl22
↡ Advertisement

KL. Not balancing, but I did my alignment at a continental shop and it was spot on. it was only $30RM.

Do you have a name for this shop bro? Thanks

Twincharged

Do you have a name for this shop bro? Thanks ð

Few years ago. Can’t remember. Sorry

Found a place

Hup Shun in Subang Jaya

Did high speed balancing and wheel alignment

They also weighed the wheels and cleaned them

Very pro but not so cheap

Nice chap

M$400 for PS4 - cheap?

$140m

Any recommendations for a 12V car powered tire pump and tire repair kit?

I am looking at the steelmate PO3 at the moment, around $70.

Usually how long it takes to fully inflat a flat tyre using these 12V powered pump?

Usually how long it takes to fully inflat a flat tyre using these 12V powered pump?

I am using this, bought from Qoo10. It works but not yet pump my car tyres from flat before. Used to pump bicycle tyre and football, no problem at all. Pretty silent too.

https://youtu.be/p1mehvLU_UE

• Praise 3

Twincharged

Bought viair 87p from amazon. Used it once. Was quite fast. Pumped up in 2-3mins max. Didn’t want the cig lighter version as the fuse might pop and then you are screwed in an emergency.
  • Praise 1

used it before and find it very efficient , it takes around  2 to 5 mins depending the size of your tire (volume )

is always good to do a dry run every 3 months.

I am using this, bought from Qoo10. It works but not yet pump my car tyres from flat before. Used to pump bicycle tyre and football, no problem at all. Pretty silent too.

https://youtu.be/p1mehvLU_UE

had used before , still the power source from your car power point more reliable

MHO

• Praise 1

Update.

I bought the steelmate PO3 at autobacs cos it is on offer $49.90.

Quite small and easy to store cos it all winds up to 1 small square box.

Dear folks, 

After owning and driving a few cars for more than 23 years, I still have 2 noob questions about spare tyres.   

I have almost never checked the condition of my spare.

My 4 normal tyres are inflated with the pump usually set at 32psi.  During inflating, the weight of the whole car is pressing against these 4 tyres.

For spare tyre:

1.  When pumping this standalone tyre (without any car weight acting on it), do we also set the pump at 32psi?

2.  Can we inflate the spare tyre directly at the car boot without taking it out?  -> Too strenuous to take it out for old uncle like me.

Many thanks.

Edited by Albeniz

31 minutes ago, Albeniz said:

Dear folks, 

After owning and driving a few cars for more than 23 years, I still have 2 noob questions about spare tyres.   

My 4 normal tyres are inflated with the pump usually set at 32psi.  During inflating, the weight of the whole car is pressing against these 4 tyres.

For spare tyre:

1.  When pumping this standalone tyre (without any car weight acting on it), do we also set the pump at 32psi?

2.  Can we inflate the spare tyre directly at the car boot without taking it out?  -> Too strenuous to take it out for old uncle like me.

Many thanks.

Depends on if the spare is a slim compact type. Typically with a blue, yellow or red rim. Those need to be pumped at a higher pressure. If not then, 32 psi or slightly higher for the spare. I would pump it higher so that I don’t have to pump it so often. 
Of course you can leave it inside when pumping. 
On another note, forget about the spare when traveling in Singapore. I have never encountered a massive puncture or blow out. You just need a TPMS and pump up the tire when the TPMS screams and hobble to a tire shop to get it mended. Heck typically the air will hold for a day after you pump it up as long as you don’t itchy and touch the nail or screw embedded. 
unless you are very unlucky to have a blow out, then that is when the spare comes in handy. 

• Praise 2

Very true.

Indeed, throughout my 23 years, there was only once when the spare tyre was activated.

I parked the car for more than 12 hours and it was completely flat, at that time.

On 2/6/2021 at 11:38 AM, Albeniz said:

Dear folks, 

For spare tyre:

Many thanks.

is very common for most driver not to check his spare tire.

please get to workshop to check your spare tire pressure whenever you are there to buy new tires.

i always inflat to 40psi for normal tire

60 psi for compact spare

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1