Spare Tire - where can I find a replacement?

therock

Turbocharged

I am also looking for space saver tyres for my upcoming drive up to BKK. Difficult to find as my model in SG dont come with spare tyres.

probably easier to find a full size spare?

Also, consider that it may not be easy to find the correct tyre size (if need replacement) in ulu areas. Probably have to go to big city for that.

I also carry a tyre repair kit (plug + air compressor) in addition to a full size spare.

In fact, I considered carrying two full size spares for my long trips to north thai but decided one is probably enough. Turns out I didn't even have any punctures lol

↡ Advertisement

probably easier to find a full size spare?

Also, consider that it may not be easy to find the correct tyre size (if need replacement) in ulu areas. Probably have to go to big city for that.

I also carry a tyre repair kit (plug + air compressor) in addition to a full size spare.

In fact, I considered carrying two full size spares for my long trips to north thai but decided one is probably enough. Turns out I didn't even have any punctures lol

Already have full size spare + 3 different brands tyre liquid foam filler + tyre repair kit + original car maker tyre repair kit with compressor. Also have spare compressor and battery powered hand drill.

Hope to find a space saver tyre to reduce weight and boot space.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Already have full size spare + 3 different brands tyre liquid foam filler + tyre repair kit + original car maker tyre repair kit with compressor. Also have spare compressor and battery powered hand drill.

wow! [thumbsup]

Scrap yard also have accident car that are beyond economical repair. So not 100% all cars there are 10 years old.

I am also looking for space saver tyres for my upcoming drive up to BKK. Difficult to find as my model in SG dont come with spare tyres.

can share your tpye of car ? so we can give you some more constructive suggestion 

can share your tpye of car ? so we can give you some more constructive suggestion

I know the item is available online. This one :

post-2654-0-75348400-1557818590_thumb.jpg

post-2654-0-02858900-1557818607_thumb.jpg

since is a long drive , if i were you i will invest in 1 set of tire pressure mornitoring system , it is a Preventive measure it help to alert you in the event of tire pressure drop before it goes complelety flat.

carrying a full size sparewheels is the better move over the small space saver, you can imaging if you have run on that small donut for no where to look for your help .

since is a long drive , if i were you i will invest in 1 set of tire pressure mornitoring system , it is a Preventive measure it help to alert you in the event of tire pressure drop before it goes complelety flat.

carrying a full size sparewheels is the better move over the small space saver, you can imaging if you have run on that small donut for no where to look for your help .

The car's MMI already has tyre pressure monitor. I also have installed external on the air valve TPMS. So got two sets of tyre pressure monitor.

Carousell a lot. Just need to find something that suits.

Nothing comes up for my car model. My car PCD is 5 x 112.

It may not occur often but when you need it and you’re in the middle of nowhere in Malaysia or even Thailand..

I have the Goo kit and RFTs and the spare is plan c :)

The car's MMI already has tyre pressure monitor. I also have installed external on the air valve TPMS. So got two sets of tyre pressure monitor.

very well eqiuped , Happy and Safe Drive and enjoy

How often do people get punctures?

:D

spare wheel , repair kit , tire pressure monitoring system , pump are Insurance.

to me there are relatively low cost and it can use for years .

99.9% worth to invest.

is not the cost and how often , one time is enough to become a Expensive lesson especially we have so many Express way which you try to stop in the middle or shoulder of the road.

I only want Safe and Happy journeys

Hypersonic

Anyone that get punctured a lot tried slimming their tires?

The slime seals any punctures.

:D

very well eqiuped , Happy and Safe Drive and enjoy

spare wheel , repair kit , tire pressure monitoring system , pump are Insurance.

to me there are relatively low cost and it can use for years .

99.9% worth to invest.

is not the cost and how often , one time is enough to become a Expensive lesson especially we have so many Express way which you try to stop in the middle or shoulder of the road.

I only want Safe and Happy journeys

Agree. not a matter of how often. this kind of situation, hard to predict. must be extra careful and prepared esp if you are driving up north.

imagine getting stuck on north-south highway. call help also take so long for them to come. worse, if those who come to help have hidden agenda. It's always good to have those things in the car. When trouble comes, you know you have something and can do something rather than wait.

Nothing comes up for my car model. My car PCD is 5 x 112.

pcd 5X112 IS NOT sufficient info , still have the center hole size , and again beware of your Brake kit.

and those online selling donut beware of long aged tire and Fitment .

To me best if you happend to buy and once you recieved it try on your car both Front and Rear, otherwise you are carrying a Unfit spare wheel ..your heart might explode when you need in in the middel of the road

Decided on the Pirelli P7 RFT for my main tires, and I will continue search for the spare..

Since I enjoy driving up north, I guess I'll have to stick to run flats for now..

Decided on the Pirelli P7 RFT for my main tires, and I will continue search for the spare..

Since I enjoy driving up north, I guess I'll have to stick to run flats for now..

i can assure you 100% right choice of Run flat tire

Just had a brisk run on the north south highway and there’s a vibration at higher speeds

I’m guessing it has something to do with the new tires?

Any place which does a good balancing?

KL or SG?

↡ Advertisement