Ultra poor service by TOUCH n GO

LSTE88

just wanted to share my bad experience with the Touch n go service office (at Jalan Lingkaran Dalam) this morning...

Situation:
I had a touch and go card that was purchased many many years ago.... with reduced amount of balance in card, so need to do a top up....

Process / procedure :
Used to do top up at the woodlands checkpoint (malaysia customs) , but they have discontinued and told us to go to any shell station to do top up
I had to drive to nearest JB shell station to do top up,  but was told that the card expired... so need to go nearest Touch n Go office to renew or top up 

Experience 
when my wife reaches there (Touch n go ), the staff (claimed her name is farah) was very rude and made things difficult and insist the registered card owner must be present ... so she had to ask me to go in 

when I went in, the staff ask some silly questions on the card... such as how much we normally top up  and where do we top up (like they are collecting data for a customer expenditure survey)....  we gave the information and told her al these should be available in their system 

The staff was unhappy and tried to be more difficult by asking the next ridiculous question, .. asked if we had use this touch n go to pay car park...   
My answer is I pay almost all my carpark fees through cash ...  my recollection is i use this card as per the original intent which is meant for toll fee and customs payment and I don't use this card or even associate this card for any car park payment....  

she turned around and said.. okay then data mismatch... validation failed... you need to go register again

Her logic seemed like...  one could be using the card for a 1000 or million times for toll payment but if there is 1 car park payment (dunno where/when) and you are unable to tell me there is , then this is treated as data unable to be validated
wow... I have not chanced upon a more sophisticated data processing intelligent brain or organisation that develop such a system of inflexibility or obstipation ..

i was shocked.... what sort fo data is mismatched? i asked,   i am the owner of the card....  with a long span of the years using the card... who can recalled every small transactions throughout the years and if 1 data is not matched, the staff conclude that it is data mismatched?....   .. and this is all happening just to be able to top up a cashcard 

My Aftershocked experience 
firstly, the staff is unprofessional......just applying her personal biasness and discriminate against individuals and decision is based on her whims and fancy...
secondly, the so called validation data process is a joke.....  who can remember every steps /amount the card has been top up...   just a general answer aligned with what she wants to hear is considered validated... and another general answer not aligned to what she wants to hear is invalidated

there is also no consistency in the validation process...

if validation is needed for a top up cashcard (not sure it is needed, overkill), then please do it properly with consistency and had a good basis for the answers (establish how certain slight deviations are acceptable)
for example  she ask what was top up, we answer vaguely like RM 100-200....    but actually there were other higher or lower denominations as well... but she can accept those as validated..

when she asked if the card is use for paying carpark... I told her, so far, my recollection is mainly for road toll tee and the VEP customs payment as its original intend, many carparks that i go to doesn't have this touch n go payment option ... i pay cash for those...  yes ..many car parks have since implemented to accept touch and go, doesn't means i have changed my way of paying carpark.. maybe a single occurrence or so

With the system data in front of her,  she should be able to look at the overall data .. perhaps 99.9% of times, I am paying as tolling fee and maybe 0.1% of the total is used to pay carpark such as a particular instance... if so, what is the basis of saying the data is invalid 

then there is another staff (presuming the office manager or the manager in charge), he warned me to stop recording the whole episode and also wanted to stop me from taking a photo of the Touch n go's Refund Notice printout where it has office contact number for me to write to complaint.  He also asked the to delete the video
Again ridiculous request, I asked where in that office was it stated we are not allow to take video and why is is not allow to take a photo of the contact information of that notice for me to send my complaint to ? anyway those are the proof of how bad service provider they are ...   deletion would be a waste 

Looking back, 
the validation process redundant and irrelevant... might as well ask everyone to register new one and not waste time talking to bunch of crowns

I don't know what else to say...   the company should consider replacing those unprofessional staff  or improve the process or leave it as it is (which will be probably what they will do)

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4
  • Dislike 6

Supercharged

What do you expect from Bolehland?

You should be happy in your heart that their nation as a whole behave in this way, if they are highly-efficient and customer focused... SG got no road to go already.... 

Better they remain the way they are... for our precarious little red dot sake...

• Praise 14

complaint here also no use, you complain to their minister they also won't blink an eyelid.

they have auto kiosk machine at major R&R stop to purchase new card or top up.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged
(edited)

just wanted to share my bad experience with the Touch n go service office (at Jalan Lingkaran Dalam) this morning...

Situation:

I had a touch and go card that was purchased many many years ago.... with reduced amount of balance in card, so need to do a top up....

Process / procedure :

Used to do top up at the woodlands checkpoint (malaysia customs) , but they have discontinued and told us to go to any shell station to do top up

I had to drive to nearest JB shell station to do top up, but was told that the card expired... so need to go nearest Touch n Go office to renew or top up

Experience

when my wife reaches there (Touch n go ), the staff (claimed her name is farah) was very rude and made things difficult and insist the registered card owner must be present ... so she had to ask me to go in

when I went in, the staff ask some silly questions on the card... such as how much we normally top up and where do we top up (like they are collecting data for a customer expenditure survey).... we gave the information and told her al these should be available in their system

The staff was unhappy and tried to be more difficult by asking the next ridiculous question, .. asked if we had use this touch n go to pay car park...

My answer is I pay almost all my carpark fees through cash ... my recollection is i use this card as per the original intent which is meant for toll fee and customs payment and I don't use this card or even associate this card for any car park payment....

she turned around and said.. okay then data mismatch... validation failed... you need to go register again

Her logic seemed like... one could be using the card for a 1000 or million times for toll payment but if there is 1 car park payment (dunno where/when) and you are unable to tell me there is , then this is treated as data unable to be validated

wow... I have not chanced upon a more sophisticated data processing intelligent brain or organisation that develop such a system of inflexibility or obstipation ..

i was shocked.... what sort fo data is mismatched? i asked, i am the owner of the card.... with a long span of the years using the card... who can recalled every small transactions throughout the years and if 1 data is not matched, the staff conclude that it is data mismatched?.... .. and this is all happening just to be able to top up a cashcard

My Aftershocked experience

firstly, the staff is unprofessional......just applying her personal biasness and discriminate against individuals and decision is based on her whims and fancy...

secondly, the so called validation data process is a joke..... who can remember every steps /amount the card has been top up... just a general answer aligned with what she wants to hear is considered validated... and another general answer not aligned to what she wants to hear is invalidated

there is also no consistency in the validation process...

if validation is needed for a top up cashcard (not sure it is needed, overkill), then please do it properly with consistency and had a good basis for the answers (establish how certain slight deviations are acceptable)

for example she ask what was top up, we answer vaguely like RM 100-200.... but actually there were other higher or lower denominations as well... but she can accept those as validated..

when she asked if the card is use for paying carpark... I told her, so far, my recollection is mainly for road toll tee and the VEP customs payment as its original intend, many carparks that i go to doesn't have this touch n go payment option ... i pay cash for those... yes ..many car parks have since implemented to accept touch and go, doesn't means i have changed my way of paying carpark.. maybe a single occurrence or so

With the system data in front of her, she should be able to look at the overall data .. perhaps 99.9% of times, I am paying as tolling fee and maybe 0.1% of the total is used to pay carpark such as a particular instance... if so, what is the basis of saying the data is invalid

then there is another staff (presuming the office manager or the manager in charge), he warned me to stop recording the whole episode and also wanted to stop me from taking a photo of the Touch n go's Refund Notice printout where it has office contact number for me to write to complaint. He also asked the to delete the video

Again ridiculous request, I asked where in that office was it stated we are not allow to take video and why is is not allow to take a photo of the contact information of that notice for me to send my complaint to ? anyway those are the proof of how bad service provider they are ... deletion would be a waste

Looking back,

the validation process redundant and irrelevant... might as well ask everyone to register new one and not waste time talking to bunch of crowns

I don't know what else to say... the company should consider replacing those unprofessional staff or improve the process or leave it as it is (which will be probably what they will do)

I feel for you.. but then don’t know whether to laugh or to sympathise .. coz this card thingy not really a mystery for most Drivers to Msia.

Anyway there are auto TOP or buy new card machines around la.. quite prominent..

anyway thanks for letting us know.. appreciate the effort to write such length and detailed account over the phone..

And u heng damn lucky u can come back.. your action actually very threatening and u quite bad ambassador for Spore leh..maybe it’s Puasa month..

Edited by BenTong
  • Praise 3

Turbocharged

Singaporean have been condition to be submissive in every way.

Just suck it up and move on.

Submissiveness and being threatening quite different. Anyway he one lucky guy he could still come back ..

When u r in a foreign land, even if it’s wrong to u, they say it’s right, u also have to suck thumb.

They forget we Singaporeans go in to spend $ to boost their economy.

Anyway... i have not travel in to jb since 2017... waste time on all the issues.

Fyi... T&G is one company and custom is government. They dun link n they dun care if 1 party fails.

Glad u still make it back to SG.

• Praise 5

Turbocharged

I don't think its about being submissive, over there you got to know your place and handle the situation accordingly.

Situation like this lan lan they have all the cards, eat humble pie try to saka them slip them money or what nonsense and try to get around it.

The stick method only works if you have heavy connections, like an inspector general or something.

See the HK dude smash the condo put on social media also lan lan, if he really had heavy connection in HK, Taiwan, China as he said use phone call can liao. No need to embarrass himself on social media.

Singaporean have been condition to be submissive in every way.

Just suck it up and move on.

• Praise 7

Turbocharged

complaint here also no use, you complain to their minister they also won't blink an eyelid.

they have auto kiosk machine at major R&R stop to purchase new card or top up.

Now they got auto kiosk? Wow.. it's been long overdue..
  • Praise 3

I guess that's the procedure that is in place, cos my card expired too and we wanted to get the balance transfered, and those are the same questions the staff asked. Yes, they will want to speak to the registered card owner. My mom actually went in to speak to them and came out after a min or so, cos the staff wanted to speak to me. For the validation I guess. I think it was quite a fast process.

• Praise 2

(edited)

TS, how much RM was inside your card bought many many years ago? Is your still active? You need to make one transaction annually to keep the card active. The validation procedure is there to prevent unauthorised transfer(stolen card).

There's also a TouchnGo app to monitor your balance/transaction. Did you use that?

My advise, try not to be confrontational especially when we are not on home turf. Unless you like to do exercise(squatting).

Edited by Cypher
  • Praise 5

Twincharged

I don't think its about being submissive, over there you got to know your place and handle the situation accordingly.

Situation like this lan lan they have all the cards, eat humble pie try to saka them slip them money or what nonsense and try to get around it.

The stick method only works if you have heavy connections, like an inspector general or something.

See the HK dude smash the condo put on social media also lan lan, if he really had heavy connection in HK, Taiwan, China as he said use phone call can liao. No need to embarrass himself on social media.

Suntze says it best

to win one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not skill.

To subdue the enemy without fighting is the acme of skill.

To fight and conquer in all your battles is not supreme excellence; supreme excellence consists in breaking the enemy's resistance without fighting.

And hence the long ding dong that you see. The time and cost quickly pile up.

And your patience wear out 

As in this case, yes, lucky to make it out ...

• Praise 3

Now they got auto kiosk? Wow.. it's been long overdue..

the self service machine has been around for at least a year liao.
  • Praise 2

(edited)

sinkies must learn to be street smart

cannot always served with spoon feed

one must learn how to solve problem especially when you know a country is boleh (left/right/center)

if one cant survive or get things done in bolehland ... forget about other countries

not just that ... almost all big petrol station can buy and top up TnG

when go msia must always prepare yourself

i hate sinkies jam up the custom because no $ in TnG

spoilt my mood and waste my time cheong JB for BKT breakfast

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 5

Turbocharged
(edited)

I use the self service kiock which proceeded to invalidate my card cause too long never use  [laugh] 

Then I proceeded to email them in English (to my surprise they replied the next day   :D ) but emails stopped flowing upon finding out I was Singaporean (I suspect)

Anyway I pass the card to my msian relatives who claim the money back and we used it for dinner the last time I was there

Edited by Mercury1

sinkies must learn to be street smart

cannot always served with spoon feed

one must learn how to solve problem especially when you know a country is boleh (left/right/center)

if one cant survive or get things done in bolehland ... forget about other countries

not just that ... almost all big petrol station can buy and top up TnG

when go msia must always prepare yourself

i hate sinkies jam up the custom because no $ in TnG

spoilt my mood and waste my time cheong JB for BKT breakfast

exactly, my point is why complaint about other country's system and hope it could be as good as Singapore. Dun forget you have no say to any of that except stop going there.
  • Praise 4

yes, bolehland standard is not great

try thailand, vietnam, philipine, indonesia ... the complain might be 2 pages long

exactly, my point is why complaint about other country's system and hope it could be as good as Singapore. Dun forget you have no say to any of that except stop going there.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2