Ultra poor service by TOUCH n GO

LSTE88

just wanted to share my bad experience with the Touch n go service office (at Jalan Lingkaran Dalam) this morning...

Situation:

I had a touch and go card that was purchased many many years ago.... with reduced amount of balance in card, so need to do a top up....

Process / procedure :

Used to do top up at the woodlands checkpoint (malaysia customs) , but they have discontinued and told us to go to any shell station to do top up

I had to drive to nearest JB shell station to do top up, but was told that the card expired... so need to go nearest Touch n Go office to renew or top up

Experience

when my wife reaches there (Touch n go ), the staff (claimed her name is farah) was very rude and made things difficult and insist the registered card owner must be present ... so she had to ask me to go in

when I went in, the staff ask some silly questions on the card... such as how much we normally top up and where do we top up (like they are collecting data for a customer expenditure survey).... we gave the information and told her al these should be available in their system

The staff was unhappy and tried to be more difficult by asking the next ridiculous question, .. asked if we had use this touch n go to pay car park...

My answer is I pay almost all my carpark fees through cash ... my recollection is i use this card as per the original intent which is meant for toll fee and customs payment and I don't use this card or even associate this card for any car park payment....

she turned around and said.. okay then data mismatch... validation failed... you need to go register again

Her logic seemed like... one could be using the card for a 1000 or million times for toll payment but if there is 1 car park payment (dunno where/when) and you are unable to tell me there is , then this is treated as data unable to be validated

wow... I have not chanced upon a more sophisticated data processing intelligent brain or organisation that develop such a system of inflexibility or obstipation ..

i was shocked.... what sort fo data is mismatched? i asked, i am the owner of the card.... with a long span of the years using the card... who can recalled every small transactions throughout the years and if 1 data is not matched, the staff conclude that it is data mismatched?.... .. and this is all happening just to be able to top up a cashcard

My Aftershocked experience

firstly, the staff is unprofessional......just applying her personal biasness and discriminate against individuals and decision is based on her whims and fancy...

secondly, the so called validation data process is a joke..... who can remember every steps /amount the card has been top up... just a general answer aligned with what she wants to hear is considered validated... and another general answer not aligned to what she wants to hear is invalidated

there is also no consistency in the validation process...

if validation is needed for a top up cashcard (not sure it is needed, overkill), then please do it properly with consistency and had a good basis for the answers (establish how certain slight deviations are acceptable)

for example she ask what was top up, we answer vaguely like RM 100-200.... but actually there were other higher or lower denominations as well... but she can accept those as validated..

when she asked if the card is use for paying carpark... I told her, so far, my recollection is mainly for road toll tee and the VEP customs payment as its original intend, many carparks that i go to doesn't have this touch n go payment option ... i pay cash for those... yes ..many car parks have since implemented to accept touch and go, doesn't means i have changed my way of paying carpark.. maybe a single occurrence or so

With the system data in front of her, she should be able to look at the overall data .. perhaps 99.9% of times, I am paying as tolling fee and maybe 0.1% of the total is used to pay carpark such as a particular instance... if so, what is the basis of saying the data is invalid

then there is another staff (presuming the office manager or the manager in charge), he warned me to stop recording the whole episode and also wanted to stop me from taking a photo of the Touch n go's Refund Notice printout where it has office contact number for me to write to complaint. He also asked the to delete the video

Again ridiculous request, I asked where in that office was it stated we are not allow to take video and why is is not allow to take a photo of the contact information of that notice for me to send my complaint to ? anyway those are the proof of how bad service provider they are ... deletion would be a waste

Looking back,

the validation process redundant and irrelevant... might as well ask everyone to register new one and not waste time talking to bunch of crowns

I don't know what else to say... the company should consider replacing those unprofessional staff or improve the process or leave it as it is (which will be probably what they will do)

TS don't waste time, faster post the video you took onto Lowyat forums, lagi better send to Dr.Mahathir.

You will get the redress and apologies you as a Singaporean rightfully deserve!

↡ Advertisement

just wanted to share my bad experience with the Touch n go service office (at Jalan Lingkaran Dalam) this morning...

Situation:
I had a touch and go card that was purchased many many years ago.... with reduced amount of balance in card, so need to do a top up....

Process / procedure :
Used to do top up at the woodlands checkpoint (malaysia customs) , but they have discontinued and told us to go to any shell station to do top up
I had to drive to nearest JB shell station to do top up,  but was told that the card expired... so need to go nearest Touch n Go office to renew or top up 

Experience 
when my wife reaches there (Touch n go ), the staff (claimed her name is farah) was very rude and made things difficult and insist the registered card owner must be present ... so she had to ask me to go in 

when I went in, the staff ask some silly questions on the card... such as how much we normally top up  and where do we top up (like they are collecting data for a customer expenditure survey)....  we gave the information and told her al these should be available in their system 

The staff was unhappy and tried to be more difficult by asking the next ridiculous question, .. asked if we had use this touch n go to pay car park...   
My answer is I pay almost all my carpark fees through cash ...  my recollection is i use this card as per the original intent which is meant for toll fee and customs payment and I don't use this card or even associate this card for any car park payment....  

she turned around and said.. okay then data mismatch... validation failed... you need to go register again

Her logic seemed like...  one could be using the card for a 1000 or million times for toll payment but if there is 1 car park payment (dunno where/when) and you are unable to tell me there is , then this is treated as data unable to be validated
wow... I have not chanced upon a more sophisticated data processing intelligent brain or organisation that develop such a system of inflexibility or obstipation ..

i was shocked.... what sort fo data is mismatched? i asked,   i am the owner of the card....  with a long span of the years using the card... who can recalled every small transactions throughout the years and if 1 data is not matched, the staff conclude that it is data mismatched?....   .. and this is all happening just to be able to top up a cashcard 

My Aftershocked experience 
firstly, the staff is unprofessional......just applying her personal biasness and discriminate against individuals and decision is based on her whims and fancy...
secondly, the so called validation data process is a joke.....  who can remember every steps /amount the card has been top up...   just a general answer aligned with what she wants to hear is considered validated... and another general answer not aligned to what she wants to hear is invalidated

there is also no consistency in the validation process...

if validation is needed for a top up cashcard (not sure it is needed, overkill), then please do it properly with consistency and had a good basis for the answers (establish how certain slight deviations are acceptable)
for example  she ask what was top up, we answer vaguely like RM 100-200....    but actually there were other higher or lower denominations as well... but she can accept those as validated..

when she asked if the card is use for paying carpark... I told her, so far, my recollection is mainly for road toll tee and the VEP customs payment as its original intend, many carparks that i go to doesn't have this touch n go payment option ... i pay cash for those...  yes ..many car parks have since implemented to accept touch and go, doesn't means i have changed my way of paying carpark.. maybe a single occurrence or so

With the system data in front of her,  she should be able to look at the overall data .. perhaps 99.9% of times, I am paying as tolling fee and maybe 0.1% of the total is used to pay carpark such as a particular instance... if so, what is the basis of saying the data is invalid 

then there is another staff (presuming the office manager or the manager in charge), he warned me to stop recording the whole episode and also wanted to stop me from taking a photo of the Touch n go's Refund Notice printout where it has office contact number for me to write to complaint.  He also asked the to delete the video
Again ridiculous request, I asked where in that office was it stated we are not allow to take video and why is is not allow to take a photo of the contact information of that notice for me to send my complaint to ? anyway those are the proof of how bad service provider they are ...   deletion would be a waste 

Looking back, 
the validation process redundant and irrelevant... might as well ask everyone to register new one and not waste time talking to bunch of crowns

I don't know what else to say...   the company should consider replacing those unprofessional staff  or improve the process or leave it as it is (which will be probably what they will do)

Seriously man, its malaysia, what you want? LOLx

Professionalism dont exist in their dictionary, had they been more serious, with what they have, they could have outshone us donkey years back.

• Praise 1

When my T&G card expired, I just throw them away..regardless of how much $$$ is in it.

I don't want to waste time claiming and all that at dunno which offices and then go through all kind of agony like the one above. I am not even sure if they have a consistent SOP in claiming these cards.

If anyone has good experience in claiming expired cards, please share the process here.

For Toping up, it is easy...just go to any petrol kiosk.

I just changed cards. My card expired with over RM 100 inside when I realised it expired.

So I borrowed a tng card from a friend and used it on my road trip to malacca. Kept missing the tng office cos I went by second link so it's not obvious like if you went by JB where after the shell station there is one shop for tng.

Yes I did have directions along the way but my GPS died and I don't have Malaysian sim card so I travel to Malacca and hotel based on road signs and memory. That's y I kept missing the tng office :D

Anyway I drove all the way to malacca, exited after Ayer keroh and saw the tng office just after the toll plaza. I stopped at the road side (everyone seemed to do that).

I went in. Queue was so so and I got my card replaced and the old value was transferred into the new card. I also topped up my friend's card as well. Simple and quick.

Turbocharged

I went in. Queue was so so and I got my card replaced and the old value was transferred into the new card. I also topped up my friend's card as well. Simple and quick.

That's good info. Thanks!

So far, nobody mention that it is possible to transfer the old value to a new card.  I hope it is consistent for every TnG office.

(edited)

in bolehland ... anything is boleh

no straightforward answer

it depends the staff want to do it and can do it

it depends you speak nicely or open mouth ... f this f that

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

Sat morning cheong JB BKT ... RM50 jiak liao by afternoon pangsai chu lai liao ... can claim back?

50rm jiak whatever......wu hua....syiok syiok! 0-50 rm want to claim back tng then kana tekan and get stressed out.....boh hua lei!

I just changed cards. My card expired with over RM 100 inside when I realised it expired.

So I borrowed a tng card from a friend and used it on my road trip to malacca. Kept missing the tng office cos I went by second link so it's not obvious like if you went by JB where after the shell station there is one shop for tng.

Yes I did have directions along the way but my GPS died and I don't have Malaysian sim card so I travel to Malacca and hotel based on road signs and memory. That's y I kept missing the tng office :D

Anyway I drove all the way to malacca, exited after Ayer keroh and saw the tng office just after the toll plaza. I stopped at the road side (everyone seemed to do that).

Sama-sama....i also no gps but i rely on ggogle map......oa few times before i go, try to memorise the route and then depends on the signboards......but sometime still get lost....

Do not lost sleep over this kind of thing...it happens in anywhere....not only in boleh land......first world country like Hkg...Japan and even US...you will get preferential treatment if you woke up at the wrong side of the bed....so take it as part and parcel of our life and move on  [:p]

• Praise 2

you think their immigration is inefficient, wait till you try their public hospital, you die faster from vomit blood.

you think their immigration is inefficient, wait till you try their public hospital, you die faster from vomit blood.

As the saying goes, you get what you pay for...
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

That's good info. Thanks!

So far, nobody mention that it is possible to transfer the old value to a new card.  I hope it is consistent for every TnG office.

maybe it's something new, I've two cards previously, can't transfer. That was almost 2 years back when i requested to withdraw the balance amount in my inactive card. 

When u r in a foreign land, even if itâs wrong to u, they say itâs right, u also have to suck thumb.

They forget we Singaporeans go in to spend $ to boost their economy.

Anyway... i have not travel in to jb since 2017... waste time on all the issues.

Fyi... T&G is one company and custom is government. They dun link n they dun care if 1 party fails.

Glad u still make it back to SG.

Hahaha, I beat you by two. I have not travelled to JB since 2015!
  • Praise 1

For Touch N Go card, you must use at least 1 time in a year or else it will become invalid. Happened to me, i went to the Touch N Go office in JB but it was a hassle to get it validated. So just let the card die lah and get a new card. If you have multiple cards, just make sure you use them at least once in a year to keep them valid..

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

TNG cards are like your small head.. make sure u use at least once a year la.. unless u cannot..

↡ Advertisement