Cab companies could be allowed to bid for COEs

Lotr

Twincharged

Think they foresee a economy slow down. So must squeeze those people who drive. But taxi/phv are making money, coe is a cost thus the companies can incr price to cover. Household drivers r not making money out of coe, so taxi/phv should pay more

Thats what I think too.. 

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

Simi congestion or emission, COE is a source of income to the government and it has become a steroid that they cannot live without. I have renewed COE, 10 years later today then I will come back to talk about it, if my car could last that long .

• Praise 1

Solutions are simple , Private cars are for family use. Taxis are commercial use. PHV is for survival coz economy is doing so bad  and locals arent getting hired ,thanks to bulls**t MOM laws.

What kind of education do you need to understand this simple things. 

Having no concern for the citizens and playing roulette games and laughing in their departments and thinking how much to collect is pure evil.

When the COE goes up the Whole family pays! The last time it went up at 50k that was $416 a month that families lost in childrens education , food for the parents and other necessities. 

50k can send 2 kids to university ....what do you get with an elitist Entitlement Paper? 

Problem in singapore is a bulls**t reason ...too many cars ? Original was too many cars breaking down ....LIE again! Now cars can run more than 25 yrs with new tech ,why havent review ...sleeping or pretending to sleep?

Jams are only occurring from 6.30 till 9.30 and 5.30 to 9.30pm ..... look out your windows after those hours ...what JAM? Its just another scam when they charge you 24hrs . 

Car price is only 30,000, then these b**tards add 150% (+ 45,000) then add ARF ( another 20,000) then the heartless baboons laughing behind closed doors add COE (30-50K ) 

WTH??  and you wonder why people are frustrated and not even able to give birth now.... 

Time to wake up and vote these evil mongrels out now!! That's all...nothing to fear when you have lost your 50k retirement saving!  when you scrap your car why don't they compound and pay you back .....  Singaporeans should learn to be cohesive and voice out logically. LTA ..authority my ass!   Its a scam machine !

• Praise 3

(edited)

Friday still so stressed.

Nobody pointing gun at you to buy a new car. What makes you think voting these evil "Mongrels" out will help? Anyway, there's no such thing as an evil mongrel. Mongrels are nice dogs.

You vote out the party u think is evil, another one will just take over. The days of politicians serving the common ppl are well and truly over. And there's nothing you can do about it.

Edited by Mockngbrd
  • Praise 1

Basically I agree what you said, but you can also consider congestion = emission pollution. Basically the more time a vehicle spend on the road it create more emission pollution to the environment, and our COE system can be better tuned to focus on the amount of emission instead of vehicle capacity such as Cat A and Cat B. Nowadays bigger cars with better tech such as hybrid engine may create less pollution than smaller engine cars of older tech. But instead they came out with another "tax" which is the VES....

Motorcycle which does not have catalytic converter despite smaller engine capacity create much more air pollution than cars. Especially those Malaysia motorcycle, our government should look into it in the name of better environment, cleaner air.

I feel the VES tax was introduce the wrong way.

Instead, it should have been the other way round by increasing the tax all round and then mask it by giving a discount to those that have a better VES rating.

A more round about way to arrive at the same goal post.

Just that the perception would be to give a sense of encouraging the people to go green.

Friday still so stressed.

Nobody pointing gun at you to buy a new car. What makes you think voting these evil "Mongrels" out will help? Anyway, there's no such thing as an evil mongrel. Mongrels are nice dogs.

You vote out the party u think is evil, another one will just take over. The days of politicians serving the common ppl are well and truly over. And there's nothing you can do about it.

Another evil one might take over, but if there is threat of being voted out the next round, they would be kept constantly in their toes and behave and not screw the people too much.

** Disclaimer: i am not supporting high cost of car as i would love to buy cheap also but reality is the other way around** 

Here we are talking about ARF+VES. If ARF+VES is too much then COE should be around $2 - $5000 somewhere but people still willing to pay higher. Its not about rich only because if you observe more B&B car are registered compared to premium cars. 

We people are the one who want to pay higher to secure a car. We look at the final price and if it come under our range as per our financial conditions, we will buy.

In current market/economy situation as per my understanding which could be wrong also: 

1) Low Budget: Willing to stretch from $60K to $90K doesn't matter how much COE+ARF+VES.

2) Medium Budget: Willing to stretch from $90K to $150K doesnt matter how much COE+ARF+VES.

3) High-Medium: Willing to stretch $150K to $300K doesnt matter how much COE+ARF+VES.

4) High Budget: > $300K  Don't care about anything. Like a car, get a car haha

If economy is very bad then COE will come itself to $2 and then people can buy lowest OMV+ small engine cars to minimize ARF, VES and GST.  

(edited)

Another evil one might take over, but if there is threat of being voted out the next round, they would be kept constantly in their toes and behave and not screw the people too much.

Well, every possible source of LTA income is their piggy bank, they will continue to balance their income vs political fall out. They know very well about 60% is what they need to stay around, so assuming only 40% of car owners will not vote for them? No problem, car owners is only 25% to 30% of total voters, there are still other people for them to capture their lost votes.

And they also know, as near as our neighbor across the course way, the paradigm have shifted, so where is the miracle? Will sgpean make that bold move ?letting alone there is still no credible non ruling party that is big enough to form a government.

Moreover, we know COE is a necessary evil, without having it will be a nightmare, so live with it, want to drive, pay for it.

Edited by Ct3833

Solutions are simple , Private cars are for family use. Taxis are commercial use. PHV is for survival coz economy is doing so bad  and locals arent getting hired ,thanks to bulls**t MOM laws.

What kind of education do you need to understand this simple things. 

Having no concern for the citizens and playing roulette games and laughing in their departments and thinking how much to collect is pure evil.

When the COE goes up the Whole family pays! The last time it went up at 50k that was $416 a month that families lost in childrens education , food for the parents and other necessities. 

50k can send 2 kids to university ....what do you get with an elitist Entitlement Paper? 

Problem in singapore is a bulls**t reason ...too many cars ? Original was too many cars breaking down ....LIE again! Now cars can run more than 25 yrs with new tech ,why havent review ...sleeping or pretending to sleep?

Jams are only occurring from 6.30 till 9.30 and 5.30 to 9.30pm ..... look out your windows after those hours ...what JAM? Its just another scam when they charge you 24hrs . 

Car price is only 30,000, then these b**tards add 150% (+ 45,000) then add ARF ( another 20,000) then the heartless baboons laughing behind closed doors add COE (30-50K ) 

WTH??  and you wonder why people are frustrated and not even able to give birth now.... 

Time to wake up and vote these evil mongrels out now!! That's all...nothing to fear when you have lost your 50k retirement saving!  when you scrap your car why don't they compound and pay you back .....  Singaporeans should learn to be cohesive and voice out logically. LTA ..authority my ass!   Its a scam machine !

No one like COE. 

Yeah, take away all the COE/ARF etc, and educate every family to buy a car only if they really really need it. Maybe you can get Altis at S$40K if you really really really need a car.

Then we will end up with Jakarta traffic.

There is no way out, either super expensive car, or super expensive car park, or super expensive petrol, or super expensive toll, or all of them.

Think about Water, if the price of water is very cheap, people are not going to save water regardless of the huge effort to educate them. We are not really that civilize yet (sorry I use 'we' here). 

People will be vigilant only when it hurts.

Maybe uneducated folk like me can only think this way...
  • Praise 3

Screw the people for 4-5 years and then get voted out with your pockets full, still not a bad deal

I cannot possibly be the first to wonder, if a necessity like housing can be left to a $10 lottery (ballot), why not the same for COE? That way the quota and car population can still be kept in check without the prices running away.

*of course the coffers will be a bit less healthy

Moreover, we know COE is a necessary evil, without having it will be a nightmare, so live with it, want to drive, pay for it.

(edited)

Wait long long. Ppl forget very easily Edited by Mockngbrd

(edited)

No one like COE.

Yeah, take away all the COE/ARF etc, and educate every family to buy a car only if they really really need it. Maybe you can get Altis at S$40K if you really really really need a car.

Then we will end up with Jakarta traffic.

There is no way out, either super expensive car, or super expensive car park, or super expensive petrol, or super expensive toll, or all of them.

Think about Water, if the price of water is very cheap, people are not going to save water regardless of the huge effort to educate them. We are not really that civilize yet (sorry I use 'we' here).

People will be vigilant only when it hurts.

Maybe uneducated folk like me can only think this way...

If the jam is that bad people will stop driving. The problem with jarkata their public transport is shit. If Singapore the jams are so bad people will move to take trains and busses plying the bus lanes. It’s a self solving solution very simple. Do you see uk having congestion that bad even when car prices are cheap. No, they take the tube. Even now on Friday’s going to town I take train. Never drive cos Friday traffic is shit. Edited by Zedj

Not only M’sian Motorcycle, the trucks are emitting black smoke too. And those black tinted M’sian cars are everywhere too, and you will only see LTA enforcer stopping/booking SG cars/trucks for non-compliance but not M’sian vehicles. Is this some kind of double standard? We got penalized in our own land but the M’sian vehicles get away with it?

The people from the LTA who summon are mainly Malaysian's employed. They have mercy on their own citizens . We have idiots working for us ....mainly traitors of its own people.

Where is the transparency, work is outsourced and quotas are not explained to the people if it exist. If company is outsourced where do they get the money to pay its sick foreign employees then? Quota?? 

Singapore drivers must protest this behavior and show we don't stand for all their nonsense ,tehis should be the end of Employees who turned against its people who put them in position to make the country happy.....NOT UPSET!!! Vote these idiots out asap

Was informed by my sources that taxis COE will be merged into Cat A COE from the last quarter of 2019.

Confirmed? Later people report you fake news how? Haha

Joke aside, if this is true then COE price will go up substantially

↡ Advertisement