Cab companies could be allowed to bid for COEs

Lotr

If not for my job that needs a car, I prefer a mix of PHV, bus and MRT. It will be way cheaper and hassle free.

↡ Advertisement

Im almost done with the Singapore car dream. Lately i tried car renting by the hour. Not flexible in the sense that most of the time you cannot extend past your contracted hours...but may have to settle for these if coe price goes back to 90K ð

Worry our jobs first. High economy growth is history.

if big enough number of ppl kpkb, the govt. might backtrack.

I remember when Uber was bidding aggressively for the coes when they were expanding their fleets a few yrs back, the coe price were crazy, even the second hand car price also went up accordingly.

So the negative impact on car buyer like us are quite pronounced.

Worry our jobs first.
  • Praise 1
  • Dislike 1

How is the quota for taxis currently determined? I only saw in the article that their premiums are based on PQP.

Iirc, it is one to one replacement.  I might be wrong though.  But if I am right, that means taxi coys cannot increase their fleet size while PHVs can.

I remember when Uber was bidding aggressively for the coes when they were expanding their fleets a few yrs back, the coe price were crazy, even the second hand car price also went up accordingly.

Where to sign up to kpkb such that govt. might backtrack?  Can go MPS to kpkb?

Twincharged

Start to miss Liew tuck yew.. Its in his term as transport minister that see the change to separate taxi from coe bidding. He seems to listen to ground concern. Now like going to u turn back.. Haiz..

Worry our jobs first. Look at the trade War....

Why do you worry about things that you cannot control? You’re just stressing yourself unnecessarily. However, you can always change your lifestyle & mindset to adapt to whatever situation you are in.

Ding ding ding!!! Now u know, gahmen don't want ordinary folk have car. They want ordinary folk to be fashionably car lite and ride escooter.

This is not true. Garmen wants them to buy cars, but not at cheap prices. They want them to pay expensive COE, ARF Road Tax, Petrol Dutiesnyo support the high celery.

If really car lite and all stop buying, the coffees will probably have at least 10 Bn shortfall.

(edited)

Why do you worry about things that you cannot control? Youâre just stressing yourself unnecessarily. However, you can always change your lifestyle & mindset to adapt to whatever situation you are in.

Why worry about COE? Better worry your jobs. Bills to pay. Edited by Twich

I don’t think MCF bros will load themselves up eyeball in debt just to chase COE. If really cannot afford just wait out or take public transport.

We are just here kpkb about govt policies enriching themselves and not sparing a thought for the little guy who just want to buy a car.

• Praise 1

This is not true. Garmen wants them to buy cars, but not at cheap prices. They want them to pay expensive COE, ARF Road Tax, Petrol Dutiesnyo support the high celery.

If really car lite and all stop buying, the coffees will probably have at least 10 Bn shortfall.

Hence not for ordinary folk

all the MPs and ministers should start by giving up their rides and take public transport. Don't try us like a fool. If go car lite, let's all go together. lead by example, not by mouth [furious]

Hahaha with their high pay, what is COE to them?

But that time market corrected itself (Uber exit, high coe quota) and govt/LTA didn't help to restrict Uber for bidding.  LTA don't care about negative impact on buyers and they interfere only when COE is down to make policy to jack up coe  again. 

More we speak about these policies more the topic will become political  

• Praise 1

In Singapore everything garment decide is fair. Public can only kpkb in forums but finally accept and move on.

If you don't accept and move on, you will be put in jail or be sued to court because you didn't pay 200k income/other tax. It happened to many people.
↡ Advertisement