Why Singapore does not support renewable energy and EV?

Bigtoe

(edited)

We don't use batteries to store renewable energy. We use concrete blocks to store renewable energy like 2 youtube videos that I posted above. There are other ways to store renewable energy such as using train carts to carry weights up to top of hill or using weights to store energy at deep sea.

Using concrete blocks to store renewable energy is environment friendly and it does not require much space.

I watched the videos. Omg this is a startup company, I mean it's not even an established or proven system! Still dont think it's a sustainable solution long term. You will still need capital to buy solar panels, monitoring software, build cranes, buy concrete blocks and their nifty software. How long will it take to recoup all these cost. Dont forget you still have to spend on maintaining all the hardware that I have mentioned. Especially the crane. Have to certify regularly for load test. The crane  being used so frequently. Crane gb and torque converter, winch and steel cables need regular maintainance. These things arent FOC. Omg it could even cost more dan using batteries....

Back to what I have mentioned. The ang mohs make it sounds good but just not sustainable long term. Whoever believes in them are sold by what they are selling. What do ppl call it? I think it's called "false hope". Otherwise how they make money?

Edited by Watwheels
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

"renewable energy"? I think our government don't mind letting people play with it in sandbox. Good to show it supports innovation.

"EV"? That's a no no especially if the "V" refers to private Vehicle. Remember we're supposed to be a car-lite society. 

Turbocharged

I re-watched the video 

I don't think its a practical solution, a energy storage needs to be consistently delivering power at fairly large output for this to work. Not to the land used for this project in country as small Singapore some other points

- They need a larger amount of cranes to drive a multiple generators to push out a high output otherwise it be like draining a reservoir out of a straw.

- The cranes need to be working non stop (literally non stop) to deliver consistent power to the grid. This requires pin-point accuracy of placing the drums and retracting the crane back with no delay

- The demo crane at 1/10 the height is already swaying when parking the drum, their virtual model at 10 times the height moves the container perfectly pin point accuracy with no wind interference. 

- Any power stored by drum stacking will quickly be exhausted once the top portion of the drums stacks moved, and if the idea is to stack the drum around the core (see 1.31) everytime a layer is stacked around the core a new drum being moved downwards has less distance downwards to travel, its counter intuitive but letting it go all the way to ground will require too much land

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=itbwXMMkBQw

I watched the videos. Omg this is a startup company, I mean it's not even an established or proven system! Still dont think it's a sustainable solution long term. You will still need capital to buy solar panels, monitoring software, build cranes, buy concrete blocks and their nifty software. How long will it take to recoup all these cost. Dont forget you still have to spend on maintaining all the hardware that I have mentioned. Especially the crane. Have to certify regularly for load test. The crane  being used so frequently. Crane gb and torque converter, winch and steel cables need regular maintainance. These things arent FOC. Omg it could even cost more dan using batteries....

Back to what I have mentioned. The ang mohs make it sounds good but just not sustainable long term. Whoever believes in them are sold by what they are selling. What do ppl call it? I think it's called "false hope". Otherwise how they make money?

If you don't like crane solution then watch this

And this

Don't sit on a small island and dream about smart nation while still use fossil energy for electricity.

And this

Don't sit on a small island and dream about smart nation while still use fossil energy for electricity.

It's good to have dreams but u really sound naive.. no offence.

It's good to have dreams but u really sound naive.. no offence.

Ang Mohs don't dream, they think.

Singapore has money, why we still sit and dream?

It is very ironic to sell/buy/use fossil energy and talk about protect environment.

Supersonic
(edited)

Bcuz there's no money in it.

The big 3 taxes are:

1. petroleum

2. alcohol

3. cigarettes

They will never be banned.

Who care's about greenhouse, people dying of cancer, as long as you can make money ?

Do you want your GST to be further raised ?

Edited by Kb27
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

You propose the solution which I just laid out as impractical and instead of supporting it you just phom another one, do you even think about the practical aspect of a solution before you propose them  :a-panic: LOL 

Like that I can also just whack 1000 free energy solutions  (like below) and ask why we are not implementing them  :XD:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYEwZx9BwJ4

Better yet why not we have a million coke bottles generating power for us for FREE WOAHHH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1O21IX6pOP8

And this

• Praise 1

You propose the solution which I just laid out as impractical and instead of supporting it you just phom another one, do you even think about the practical aspect of a solution before you propose them :a-panic: LOL

Like that I can also just whack 1000 free energy solutions (like below) and ask why we are not implementing them :XD:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYEwZx9BwJ4

Better yet why not we have a million coke bottles generating power for us for FREE WOAHHH

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1O21IX6pOP8

Why do you post videos about generating power?

Hope you were not confused between energy storage and energy generation solutions.

We are talking about energy storage solutions. I posted a few videos about energy storage solutions to answer to someone's excuses not to do renewable energy:

1. renewable energy is not consistent

2. has to use batteries to store renewable energy

Twincharged

If it was a workable idea which can make money, people woild have long ago implemented it. All the videos on YouTube are for entertainment only. So free to put ideas on YouTube ah.

Bcuz there's no money in it.

The big 3 taxes are:

1. petroleum

2. alcohol

3. cigarettes

They will never be banned.

Who care's about greenhouse, people dying of cancer, as long as you can make money ?

Do you want your GST to be further raised ?

That's why i say he is abit naive... maybe he strawberry gen or just plain naive, dunno how the real world works, esp. in Spore.

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Lol but but but Bigtoe without a viable energy production how do we use these fantastic storage solutions you proposed? 

But okay okay lets review your first proposal of energy storage as I'm sure you're familiar with its feasibility in Singapore and you're not just some dilettante.

Maybe your could first answer my question on post 22 as I'm not as familiar as you are on its practical applications and then we move on to your other proposals?

For a more practical and less radical energy storage I would opt for modified molten salt process but I'm keen to know more about practical applications of the concrete lego blocks as you proposed.

Why do you post videos about generating power?

Hope you were not confused between energy storage and energy generation solutions.

We are talking about energy storage solutions. I posted a few videos about energy storage solutions to answer to someone's excuses not to do renewable energy:

1. renewable energy is not consistent
2. has to use batteries to store renewable energy

• Praise 1

Elon already knew SG gov is just paying lip service...

So it is no big secret why <5% 0.5% of our private vehicles are fully electric.

Pathetic.

Teslas-Elon-Musk-Says-Singapore-Govt-Not

Edited by Wishcumsback

Taxi firms speed up switch to electrified cabs

According to new Land Transport Authority figures, there were 7,259 petrol-electric hybrid and 133 full-electric cabs as at end-September, nearly 40 per cent of all taxis here.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/taxi-firms-speed-up-switch-to-electrified-cabs?cx_testId=20&cx_testVariant=cx_2&cx_artPos=4#cxrecs_s

The first thing they should electrify is the buses.

Our buses don't run 24 hours a day.

Charge them at night and run them during the day.

And for long distance buses put some overhead power lines on the slowest lane of the PIE, CTE and AYE.

They can charge while driving and most importantly

will be forced to drive on the furthest left lane.

That alone is worth going for electric buses.

:grin:

Buses with those retractable pentograph.

Can go up when there are power lines and retract when no lines like on some trains.

image.thumb.png.72e984aa177ddcf920318afc23c7d7fc.png

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Anyway I am committed to solar and my next plan will be with Sunseap.

Even if its only 1% and their prices seem to be similar to all their other providers

Not as if its so much higher that cannot consider.

:grin:

Go Sunseap

image.png.ae403ba1b9f4adfbfe65a937d2405172.png 

• Praise 2