Inconsistent RPM

Goldenvodka

Supersonic

Thanks for all the valuable input.

Itâs a Suzuki Swift Sport with 120k millage.

Throttle body was cleaned recently less than a month ago as it was the first troubleshooting point. Second was the MAF sensor, replaced it.

So far I have yet tested the ignition coil. However spark plug is in good condition and wasnât overtighten.

Next I would be looking into ignition coil and/or fuel pump.

Recently have some intermittent starting issues as well. Can hear a click but nothing comes on. Battery seems to be an unlikely culprit as voltage and health indicator is in green condition

Starting issue could be starter, may not be related to the vibration issue. Have you checked engine mount ? Engine did not die off that mean could be simply engine mount worn out.

Been using both SPC and Esso 95

Battery age 2 years old. No parking camera, only dash cam which only operates when I am driving.

No ICE. Basically no additional accessories to drain power.

I took this vehicle over for a couple of months and basic servicing and ATF was changed. Now I suspect they are using the wrong ATF.

By the way, when the ac is on, all the symptom is reduced by half.

Aircon on symptom reduced because when compressor is on, the idle rpm will go up by at least 200 to 300 rpm, and when u have a higher rpm, your engine will have less vibration.
↡ Advertisement

Thanks for all the valuable input.

It’s a Suzuki Swift Sport with 120k millage.

Throttle body was cleaned recently less than a month ago as it was the first troubleshooting point. Second was the MAF sensor, replaced it.

So far I have yet tested the ignition coil. However spark plug is in good condition and wasn’t overtighten.

Next I would be looking into ignition coil and/or fuel pump.

Recently have some intermittent starting issues as well. Can hear a click but nothing comes on. Battery seems to be an unlikely culprit as voltage and health indicator is in green condition

my pass experience..

1) faulty one of the ignition coil

2) faulty cam position sensor and crank position sensor

normally fuel pump should not have problem in your case, if lost of power during acceleration then i may suspect fuel pump as well.

(edited)

my pass experience..

1) faulty one of the ignition coil

2) faulty cam position sensor and crank position sensor

normally fuel pump should not have problem in your case, if lost of power during acceleration then i may suspect fuel pump as well.

No loss of power during acceleration. Once accelerated the vehicle perform normally.

Quick update.

After a quick DIY ATF Change accordingly to repair manual guide.

Vibration without aircon for D N And P Reduced nearly 50percent. However R mode is still the same as before.

Gonna check the ignition coils and spark plug in the upcoming weekend.

Edited by Goldenvodka

OK.  I add 1 more.  OCV - Oil Control Valve.

-No OBD Code

-Higher FC

-Engine like 1 to stall when slowing down.

-When move off from a junction, left and right turn.

-Engine hesitate  

OCV is use to control the CVVT position.  I am not sure if your car got VVT.  

Also check battery terminals for corrosion. 

suggest to narrow down to spark plug coils. faulty coils will have inconsistent RPM causing car to vibrate when misfire. 

if all checks and cleaning down, perhaps go into coils to check. dismantle if out and check the spring coil whether sign of damage.

Battery terminals checked and cleaned with brush and baking soda.

You may want to try a bottle of Caltex Techron Concentrate to clear the fuel system and injectors.

No loss of power during acceleration. Once accelerated the vehicle perform normally.

Quick update.

Vibration without aircon for D N And P Reduced nearly 50percent. However R mode is still the same as before.

Does you FC becomes higher lately?

If yes most likely one ignition coil or one spark plug is faulty

Need to plug in an OBD to see which one is faulty.

Bought a new ignition coil to perform some troubleshooting.

May I check with the experts here. Is there a possibility of 2 ignition coil going bad at the same time? So far I only bought 1 piece and going to use the try and error method to check for the symptoms.

Bought a new ignition coil to perform some troubleshooting.

May I check with the experts here. Is there a possibility of 2 ignition coil going bad at the same time? So far I only bought 1 piece and going to use the try and error method to check for the symptoms.

if 2 will be badly vibrating and stall likely..

that's why car min is 3cylinder package, with mild vibration at low rpm, only stable at higher rpm

How about changing your fuel filter.....cheap but can cost a lot of headache if choked!

If I never remember wrongly, saw it from the repair manual, suzuki’s Swift fuel filter comes together with the fuel pump which I saw in the diagram it’s inside the fuel pump. Last time I got a quote to replace both the pump and filter cost 1k+++

(edited)

First tank of ron98 petrol in this vehicle. Previously was all using ron95 and ron97 from JB.

1) it was right, the user manual recommended ron98. The engine was much responsive as compared to ron95.

2) vibration went down even further, the jerk when the car is slowly down to 0km/h is almost gone. However idling at D and reverse mode vibration is still present

Edited by Goldenvodka

If I never remember wrongly, saw it from the repair manual, suzukiâs Swift fuel filter comes together with the fuel pump which I saw in the diagram itâs inside the fuel pump. Last time I got a quote to replace both the pump and filter cost 1k+++

Wah.....mine is a standalone under the car below the driver's seat.....not even 20 bucks! As you have mentioned above maybe its the ron 95 thst is affecting your engine.....will take sometime before the ecu normalise. Hope thats the only prob......

Quick update.

Check YouTube, reset ECU If no faulty part.

Mine COE car, after change PCV value & reset ecu. Now better.

Hope it help

↡ Advertisement