Inconsistent RPM

Goldenvodka

Twincharged
(edited)

First tank of ron98 petrol in this vehicle. Previously was all using ron95 and ron97 from JB.

1) it was right, the user manual recommended ron98. The engine was much responsive as compared to ron95.

2) vibration went down even further, the jerk when the car is slowly down to 0km/h is almost gone. However idling at D and reverse mode vibration is still present

Engine mounts then. Yours is the zc32 right not zc31. Launch in 2012 model? Edited by Mkl22
↡ Advertisement

Engine mounts then. Yours is the zc32 right not zc31. Launch in 2012 model?

Engine mount will actually affect idle RPM causing the car to choke for air?

Twincharged
(edited)

Cause vibration. You mentioned reverse vibration is higher which might indicate the front or rear mount is collapsed.

Oh zc31, you need 98. Only zc32, 95 octane is ok.

Edited by Mkl22
  • Praise 1

Cause vibration. You mentioned reverse vibration is higher which might indicate the front or rear mount is collapsed.

Oh zc31, you need 98. Only zc32, 95 octane is ok.

RPM goes down 600 that is causing the vibration. Can vibration with faulty engine mount cause the rpm to drop?

The user manual states 98 is preferred. However when 98 is not available, it is ok to pump 95. Didn’t expect it affect the response so greatly

Twincharged

Guys does this spark plug looks worn?

C6-AA8-E59-5120-4-CDF-B541-49-EA8-C29-C3

IIxeUiB.jpg

Seems ok to me. The deposits looks like they are from the fuel injector cleaner.

Are the plugs the correct model and heat range?

Seems ok to me. The deposits looks like they are from the fuel injector cleaner.

Are the plugs the correct model and heat range?

In this case, it wouldnt be spark plug issues. Other 3 plugs are in better condition than the one pictured. 

No cracks or whatsoever

Yea the plugs are Denso IK20 recommanded by Denso's catalogue.

I just use techron a month ago. That explains the color. 

I have order the following item to try and error for the next weekend :)

02X ignition cables. 1 long 1 short

01X ignition coils. My vehicle has 2 coils however I doubt 2 would be faulty at the same time

Twincharged

In this case, it wouldnt be spark plug issues. Other 3 plugs are in better condition than the one pictured.

No cracks or whatsoever

Yea the plugs are Denso IK20 recommanded by Denso's catalogue.

I just use techron a month ago. That explains the color.

I have order the following item to try and error for the next weekend :)

02X ignition cables. 1 long 1 short

01X ignition coils. My vehicle has 2 coils however I doubt 2 would be faulty at the same time

How long have the plugs been in? I guess they are still cheaper to try than coils.

Supersonic

From what symptom did you conclude that the engine choke for air ? Did the engine die off at any instant ?

In fact engine vibrates all the time but it vibrates more when rpm is low, and a good engine mount would eliminate such vibration especially when the rpm is low.

• Praise 1

(edited)

From what symptom did you conclude that the engine choke for air ? Did the engine die off at any instant ?

In fact engine vibrates all the time but it vibrates more when rpm is low, and a good engine mount would eliminate such vibration especially when the rpm is low.

The vehicle RPM drops to about 500-600 when in reverse mode.

I don't think that is a healthy RPM range when a car is engaged in reverse mode.

When it is in Idle mode, it's RPM also in the range of 650-750, slight vibration can be felt

Today morning I left the vehicle engaged in reverse for about 15 20minutes. It did not die off though but engine is vibrating badly as seen from outside

How long have the plugs been in? I guess they are still cheaper to try than coils.

About 1-2 months. Less than 5000km

Edited by Goldenvodka

Supersonic

RPM goes down 600 that is causing the vibration. Can vibration with faulty engine mount cause the rpm to drop?

your RPM drops  to 600 when your gear is  engaged is normal, that is because when gear is engaged, the transmission is adding load to the engine. It is not a faulty mount cause the RPM to drop. 

(edited)

post-33096-0-97747000-1558253488_thumb.jpg

Finally after using DMM to check most of the "accessable" sensors and ignition coil

Found out the problem is confirmed to be 1 of the ignition coil giving high resistance reading which is thousands of times higher than what the factory repair manual states.

Edited by Goldenvodka

attachicon.gifIMG_0600.JPG

Finally after using DMM to check most of the "accessable" sensors and ignition coil

Found out the problem is confirmed to be 1 of the ignition coil giving high resistance reading which is thousands of times higher than what the factory repair manual states.

Interesting finding ... so it is solved by replacing the Ignition coil ?

Starter motor solenoid faulty causing the intermittent single click symptom whenever I try to start the vehicle.

Bought a new solenoid online but the replacement is kind of too complicated for this thing.

Any recommended workshop that charges reasonable labour fee for own supplied part replacement?

↡ Advertisement