Whatsapp updates

Sdf4786k

Just now, Angcheek said:

Yes I also used the call until ...... now they dont all me to call anymore .  

They removed the link ... damn CB 

:lll._.:

Ic. That was like 3-4 years ago when i backed up from my Samsung Note 4 to current s7 edge.

Thanks for sharing. Think i better treat my s7 edge well. 😅 Trying not create electronic waste by changing my handphone every 2 years like b4.

Been backing up once a monthly to my goggle drive. 

Paiseh me no help at all.

Hope u managed to have yours migrated to new phone soon. Confirmed i will be just as upset and frustrated.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2
  • Haha! 1

15 minutes ago, PSP415 said:

Ic. That was like 3-4 years ago when i backed up from my Samsung Note 4 to current s7 edge.

Thanks for sharing. Think i better treat my s7 edge well. 😅 Trying not create electronic waste by changing my handphone every 2 years like b4.

Hope u managed to have yours migrated to new phone soon. Confirmed i will be just as upset and frustrated.

i still need to wait 1 more hr ... will update again later 

• Praise 6

9 hours ago, Angcheek said:

I tried manually copy folder to google drive , all failed .

I found the way to verify the backup ..  

Go to this drive.google.com then login using the same account you use for the phone backup account ...  Go to the Back Up folder and check  . 

I noticed yesterday all my backup wasnt there . After I login in the web , I can copy 

folder to google drive manually . but sometime still fail. 

So Google drive is not sound ...... its a Goondu drive . 

image.png.6103585d460d6f75661488da7124cb1f.png

wah got so difficult one arrh? 😓

i normally just let WA backup to google leh, long long time no manually backup liao...

This is worrying should i need to migrate again...

9 hours ago, PSP415 said:

hmm... i set my WA to backup daily leh, i think at 2 am.

now i really not sure whether wanna change phone regularly - as i've been doing for a few years already - or not...

22 minutes ago, Atrecord said:

hmm... i set my WA to backup daily leh, i think at 2 am.

now i really not sure whether wanna change phone regularly - as i've been doing for a few years already - or not...

😅yes, the thought of each round of migration of WhatsApp and a host of others can be daunting.

At least it was for me then. I took 3 days to get my WhatsApp done cos it was forever asking me to wait for verification codes which just refused to work and each wait can range from 30 mins to 24 hours until i got fed up and called the number listed.

It was a voice recording and the verification code given worked. Made me mad at myself for not calling earlier. 

First time still using same phone for 3-4 years. In the past will change upon each 2 years renewal of Telco contract.

Guess the thrill of getting a new gadget has finally waned for me. New offerings these days can be more of a higher end pocket camera and bigger battery juice etc.

To each one's own. 

Safe ride and have a good week. 

Cheers

• Praise 3

Twincharged

Recently, when opening WA,  will see the logo splash screen. Is it my phone getting slower or WA loading slower?

6 minutes ago, Ysc3 said:

Recently, when opening WA,  will see the logo splash screen. Is it my phone getting slower or WA loading slower?

It’s a screen, I think

9 hours ago, Atrecord said:

wah got so difficult one arrh? 😓

i normally just let WA backup to google leh, long long time no manually backup liao...

This is worrying should i need to migrate again...

The problem is backup to google drive seems not so stable . So the best is still to check online before proceeding ......  

I think easier if WA let user just select backup from physical folder ....... I just copy over from old to new phone. So much easier 

• Praise 7

9 hours ago, Ysc3 said:

your eyes too fast  :grin:

• Praise 4
  • Haha! 1

19 hours ago, Angcheek said:

my method above confirm worked .......

after 2 days of pulling hair ! :secret-laugh: 

In before @RadXask you which end hair you pulling? 😁

Edited by Vratenza

13 hours ago, PSP415 said:

😅yes, the thought of each round of migration of WhatsApp and a host of others can be daunting.

At least it was for me then. I took 3 days to get my WhatsApp done cos it was forever asking me to wait for verification codes which just refused to work and each wait can range from 30 mins to 24 hours until i got fed up and called the number listed.

It was a voice recording and the verification code given worked. Made me mad at myself for not calling earlier. 

First time still using same phone for 3-4 years. In the past will change upon each 2 years renewal of Telco contract.

Guess the thrill of getting a new gadget has finally waned for me. New offerings these days can be more of a higher end pocket camera and bigger battery juice etc.

To each one's own. 

Safe ride and have a good week. 

Cheers

hmm... my memory of the WA transfer was not v painful leh.

i also chose the option of having them call my no. to verify, and it was all very fast and easy, in fact i didn't have to take the call at all. rang once, hang up automatically, and WA auto verified...

For the last few years, i changed phone every year (cos i'm on mio tv, which entitles me to yearly handset upgrade) leh... and sometimes change for wife and kids too...

maybe i was just lucky...

• Praise 3

4 hours ago, Angcheek said:

The problem is backup to google drive seems not so stable . So the best is still to check online before proceeding ......  

I think easier if WA let user just select backup from physical folder ....... I just copy over from old to new phone. So much easier 

i last time used to do that. connect to laptop and slowly transfer...

then when google back-up was enabled, i used it and never looked back leh.

• Praise 2