COE Bidding – 2nd Round of May 2019

Carbon82

If taxi companies really come in to bid for Cat A, then coe should go up liao.

may not.

there are still taxis not rented out yet.

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

may not.

there are still taxis not rented out yet.

Even there are taxis not rented out, think taxi companies still need to replace their taxi end of their 7 years lifespan right?

Supercharged

Market bad slow economy??????

Ghost town??? Maybe due to Long weekend holidays.

Maybe... but there should be guys like me eng eng. Go gai gai see see showroom. Haha.

But heck most showroom we go sibei empty

Even there are taxis not rented out, think taxi companies still need to replace their taxi end of their 7 years lifespan right?

depend on demand of being a taxi driver, high or low?

I believe PHV is higher.

depend on demand of being a taxi driver, high or low?

I believe PHV is higher.

Any statics...

All these so technology company (private hire company) are not making a single cent. Totally depend on venture capital funds. Look at Uber. Lost U$6 billion last 2 quaters (from Reuters).

Grab is pushing very hard to other areas.

I just saw the news on COE drop. Wah song song gao julong!

This weekend showrooms sardine pack again. [laugh]

1 scrap = 1 COE.

Supersonic

Maybe... but there should be guys like me eng eng. Go gai gai see see showroom. Haha.

But heck most showroom we go sibei empty

Showroom empty for the past weeks could be due to coe is increasing lo. You see next few weekend, showroom should be crowded again?! Lol.

Turbocharged

The biggest losers are those who renewed COE early for Cat A. I know of some who renewed 12 mths ahead, in April (last mth at $26K).

• Praise 1

all along there was no demand in the showrooms and it was clear that COE was pushed up by PHV gojek purchases.

only people here are spreading fear that coe will shoot through the roof. 

All the fears already priced into the COE prices. Whoever took the fears seriously would have already bought their cars. 

It will settle around 20K + to 30k + for both Cat A and B for the next few months. 

• Praise 1

Supersonic

The biggest losers are those who renewed COE early for Cat A. I know of some who renewed 12 mths ahead, in April (last mth at $26K).

I renewed 1 month ahead for a cat A and 6 months ahead for Cat B. If cat B drops, good for other bros who will be buyng new but I dont think I will lose a lot.

All the fears already priced into the COE prices. Whoever took the fears seriously would have already bought their cars.

It will settle around 20K + to 30k + for both Cat A and B for the next few months.

Wah this one really sweet music to my ears
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Possible if the private hire car rental companies are out of the picture.

Got my Cat A COE this with 1k rebate :a-confused: booked when COE was 33k and current ride expiring next month.

LL lol  :a-bang:  :a-m1524:  :a-panic:

• Praise 1

Turbocharged
(edited)

no wonder a few days back tan chong motor slash sylphy from 99k to 89k? and BM slash altis from 100k to 90k?

the AD alr predict liao???

Of course. Dealers manipulate COE prices Edited by Vinceng

(edited)

Taxi quota was already out of CAT a. Nowadays taxi where got cat A anyway, all more than 1600cc also.

Got. Last time even when it was hyundai sonata taxi 2000cc, it was under cat a lor.

Garment says so.

Edited by Ivan_06
↡ Advertisement