COE Bidding – 2nd Round of May 2019

Carbon82

Those who bought from AD with high rebate level benefit the most. Buyers of Honda Jazz/City with rebate at $36K will get back $9K.  Good buy!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

The recent jazz cat A rebate $31k.. also got back $4k. Good buy! Unfortunately I am still looking around 2nd hand car.. wonder how much will AD drop?

• Praise 1

if not for the trade war, it will continue to climb.. grab it b4 the trade war ends and pple feel more confident to spend money

• Praise 1

Have a few friends working in the car sales industry, majority of them working in different dealerships have been complaining about the poor sales recently. Market seems especially bad during this period. I think this is one of the major factors causing the significant drop in coe prices.

• Praise 3

Booked a Kia on the day of the 2nd last COE round

1st bid was previous round

2nd bid this time got it

It’s like whatever went up 3 round and previous round all returned back

• Praise 1

if not for the trade war, it will continue to climb.. grab it b4 the trade war ends and pple feel more confident to spend money

Trade will end at 2035. We should worry our jobs than COE.
  • Praise 1

Have a few friends working in the car sales industry, majority of them working in different dealerships have been complaining about the poor sales recently. Market seems especially bad during this period. I think this is one of the major factors causing the significant drop in coe prices.

Very good to know.

Maybe next time I go to dealerships and ask them how's the sales like, and see what they tell me.

Very good to know.

Maybe next time I go to dealerships and ask them how's the sales like, and see what they tell me.

lol

Extra increase in  car price + $10K + $2K GCOE. This is the round dealers laugh all the way to the banks. Don expect dealers to reduce car price by $10K this weekend.

• Praise 1

Extra increase in car price + $10K + $2K GCOE. This is the round dealers laugh all the way to the banks. Don expect dealers to reduce car price by $10K this weekend.

They have to reduce eventually if no one is buying. Cannot prop up the price forever if there are no buyers.

Unless policy change again

(edited)

The biggest losers are those who renewed COE early for Cat A. I know of some who renewed 12 mths ahead, in April (last mth at $26K).

Seems fine to me. 3 month rolling average. If can afford, just do it. No looking back. Chasing COE is always no win one. No one knows what will really happen. If COE shoots back up still loser?

Edited by Mockngbrd

Very good to know.

Even good also tells you is bad.  [laugh]

Supersonic

But cat B still consider high le. If car market really bad, then both cat A and B should be at $20k level lo.

my bro-in-law booked altis standard last week at $99k  but free upgrade to elegance,rebate level is $28k if not wrong,then mean got back 1k only..anyway the free upgrade to elegance compensate the lost of coe 36k to 27k, LPPL

• Praise 2

Can those MCFers who got their CatA coe this time round please sound out, this will help to identify the reason for the drop in COE.

I suspect this drop in coe is artificial, dealers banded together to help clear their backlog CatA orders, esp those who bought NonG when coe was around 27k in Feb march, now is about the 6th bid already, dealer feeling the pinch to secure coe.

If...

-those who booked in Feb March got their coe this time round (minimise losses for dealers)

-those who booked Gcoe in May got their coe this time round (maximum profits for dealers)

-those who booked in April DID NOT get their coe

We know likely dealer manipulation

The CAT-A bids received is not very low, but the price drop a lot, it seems like 'everyone' bids low price together  [;)]

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

I feel the drop is only a correction... obviously the rate of increase is way too fast ahead of demand aka panic buying. I also think the Gojek factor is overstated. Gojek also dowan to raise COE prices too fast... risky and make no sense, their own expansion have to calibrate with the demand for their cars which imo is only steady not skyrocketing

However it will probably continue to rise overall to the end of the year

• Praise 1

For the next couple of months Cat A COE may be around 25k-30k or even may go lower due to popular brands 2019 facelift models will be arriving to SG starting fm end of July only. Eg. Shuttle, Kia Cerato etc. So meanwhile AD’s and PI’s will try to bid COE in same price range. Info from my Friend working for a renowned AD.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1