Singapore Reckless Drivers part VII

RadX

never heard because one of them would kena whacked gaolatgaolat...

This sort of thing only in SG.

I have never heard of this happening in MY or Indo.  [thumbsup]

:D

• Praise 1

The other party is not a saint, he's a farker.

Opening the door of the vehicle then slamming it and kicking the mirror, is that right? That's 2 wrongs. 

Edited by Fcw75

Hypersonic

Opening islandwide roadside liang teh stall nao ...  [laugh]

Time for crowdfunding ...  [sly]

This solution better [laugh] [laugh]

giphy.gif

• Praise 1

1) one of the members here (whom I know and trust) had his GTR stopped at a red light when he was rear-ended by a drunk driver. Drunk's insurance refused cover. Both parties LLST.

2) just this Sunday at a meetup, i met a guy whose civic had recently been involved in a hit and run in moving traffic by a red light beater. He made the report to insurance and police with video camera footage but guess what? No claim against the offending party could be made because that fella hadn't reported to his carrier. Victim LLST.

So: at least two loopholes illustrated here: if you're drunk, your insurance can taiji. If you don't report, you and your insurance can taiji together.

Power, right?

Yeah. I was a victim of hit and run. Fella never report to his insurance. So I can't claim him.

Police can't do anything cos it's the insurers responsibility.

Left in limbo.. Sucks big time.

Took me a few months to get it settled.

Yeah. I was a victim of hit and run. Fella never report to his insurance. So I can't claim him.

Police can't do anything cos it's the insurers responsibility.

Left in limbo.. Sucks big time.

Took me a few months to get it settled.

At least you managed to settle it. I think many just suck thumb.

Could you share what you did?

Twincharged

Monkey see monkey do.

All this started because of Eric the idiot.

He started a trend of breaking lorry mirrors and now people are doing it.

They should give him a stiff sentence to deter would be lorry bashers.

but the other guy who tried to help out .... dunno is it his bike kenah langgah or not ... if yes, then very ai wan ....

but the other guy who tried to help out .... dunno is it his bike kenah langgah or not ... if yes, then very ai wan ....

Serve the kay poh right.

I hope its his bike.  [thumbsup]

At least you managed to settle it. I think many just suck thumb.

Could you share what you did?

TLDR version

1) got some help to CSI his location. Turned out that the offending car belongs to a used car dealer.

2) made police report and insurance claim via Borneo

3) Borneo said the car plate have no insurance. they can't proceed to repair until the offender's insurer assessed the damages and approves their quote (10k plus).

4) waited and waited.. dulan. Cancelled with Borneo and went to 3rd party workshop on friend's recommendation

5) 3rd party workshop is confident. Told me to go to their lawyer to sign documents.

6) as it was CNY period, it ding donged for 2 weeks. When the workshop mgr returned from leave, he said his lawyer is unable to contact the offender's insurer since there's no LTA record. I paid $$ to run a search online at LTA.. really no record sia. since they didn't make police report and insurance report and there's no record of insurance, workshop is not confident of making a successful claim. I wrote a complaint to MAS, asking why a vehicle can be driven without insurance.

7) I dulan liao. Drove straight to the used car dealer and kaopeh. Showed them the video. They acknowledged it but geh siao, saying that they saw the car with scratches but didn't know they hit my car. LL they then made police report and to their fleet insurer too.

8) sent to their workshop to repair. Turned out to be a super farked up job. Even the car dealer himself acknowledged it's bad.

9) I demanded to send to my own regular servicing workshop to ask them for lobang for accident repair. Turned out that they know the car dealer personally so they negotiated for settlement.

10) changed to new original F Sport bumper and grille from stockist and respray and patch my fender. All done for less than 3k compared to Borneo's 15k quote.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 12