Singapore Reckless Drivers part VII

RadX

What was this cheapo thinking..

Want to save a few dollars of parking but spends hundreds of dollars on compensation.

And si bei sia suay, camp there just to find a car to tailgate to the gantry. 

whose fault if got accident ?

This road should put a few humps. 

Don't mess with the G

Tough but still have to go workshop repair the scratches...  [bigcry]

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

It's impossible to give 1.5m clearance.

I don't think the bus did it on purpose.

And the cyclist lost balance and fell when he veered to the kerb because he was spooked by the bus.

If there is only 1 lane then yeah. Impossible. And shouldn't overtake. If there is 2 lanes, why impossible? The bus driver don't know how to change lanes?

But I agree cyclist partially at fault in this case also. If she had cycled further out like maybe 50cm from the double yellow lines instead of on the double yellow lines, the bus would have had no chance to overtake so close as she would have space to move left if the bus didn't give her the 1.5m gap.

Edited by Nzy

If there is only 1 lane then yeah. Impossible. And shouldn't overtake. If there is 2 lanes, why impossible? The bus driver don't know how to change lanes?

And the cyclist don't know how to keep to the leftmost of the lane to protect himself?

Twincharged

And the cyclist don't know how to keep to the leftmost of the lane to protect himself?

Edited my previous post. On the left lane already, how to go left more? It was because she was cycling on the double yellow lines thats why she got into trouble. Cycling further out would have meant that she can avoid the bus in these kind of situations. 

This video is a perfect example of why it is dangerous to cycle on the double yellow lines. No where to go if you meet an idiot that thinks it is safe to overtake without changing lanes.

Every time a cyclist fell, it's always about driver's intention this and that.

It's never about that.

It's about how cyclist should protect themselves.

Typical local mentality, always others fault and nothing to do with oneself.

I feel that its because there is no proper course on how to cycle on the roads unlike overseas. I rmb in the UK, there was this cycling to work program thing where they teach cyclists how to cycle on the roads and all that. Like when to take the lane, how far out to cycle and many other techniques to protect themselves. 

In this case, the cyclist is partly at fault for cycling so close to the kerb leaving no space for her to go if a driver gets too close.

Edited my previous post. On the left lane already, how to go left more? It was because she was cycling on the double yellow lines thats why she got into trouble. Cycling further out would have meant that she can avoid the bus in these kind of situations. 

This video is a perfect example of why it is dangerous to cycle on the double yellow lines. No where to go if you meet an idiot that thinks it is safe to overtake without changing lanes.

I feel that its because there is no proper course on how to cycle on the roads unlike overseas. I rmb in the UK, there was this cycling to work program thing where they teach cyclists how to cycle on the roads and all that. Like when to take the lane, how far out to cycle and many other techniques to protect themselves. 

In this case, the cyclist is partly at fault for cycling so close to the kerb leaving no space for her to go if a driver gets too close.

Big vehicles have very poor blind spots visibility since their driving positions are higher and have longer lengths. Thus it is very hard for them to see small and slow objects like cyclist and pedestrians.

If the cyclist feels threatened by such big vehicles on the roads, best is to cycle on the cycling lanes or else let these big vehicles pass through before proceeding. It's better to be at the back of these vehicles rather than be in front or beside them. 

Carplate of BMW is SME, so new car. Suay!!

Hope they will have a courtesy car for the Chinese New Year.

Carplate of BMW is SME, so new car. Suay!!

Edited by DACH

Twincharged

Big vehicles have very poor blind spots visibility since their driving positions are higher and have longer lengths. Thus it is very hard for them to see small and slow objects like cyclist and pedestrians.

If the cyclist feels threatened by such big vehicles on the roads, best is to cycle on the cycling lanes or else let these big vehicles pass through before proceeding. It's better to be at the back of these vehicles rather than be in front or beside them. 

That is why, take the lane or abreast in areas with many heavy vehicles if you really want to cycle there. Cycling all the way to the side, you blend in with the railings, and not directly in the driver's line of sight so harder for them to notice you.

Good to let these heavy vehicles pass when there is space. For eg, at the bus bays, can move further in so they can overtake. 

I kind of feel the cyclist buay zai and stumbled off the bike when under pressure. One does not become season rider just by putting on Spiderman suit.

• Praise 3

I kind of feel the cyclist buay zai and stumbled off the bike when under pressure. One does not become season rider just by putting on Spiderman suit.

Either spider man or 失败的man.

Twincharged

Ya. But although the cyclist partially at fault, with this video, TP will still fault the bus in the end.

What was this cheapo thinking..

Saw it from Facebook

Fake sti driver version

---------------

Thanks for Friends and new friends updating me about a piece of fake news( the person who posted edited the video and only show partial and edited portion)

that went viral and making me famous haha. I been coaching for over 23 years, with my world class professional qualification also never gets a publicity as easy as this.

Better still I learn that there’s so many b**tards and idiots around on a good Sunday stuck on their phone

• Praise 2

Dude look at the HUD in the car. Its about 28kmh. That's not fast at all.

Agree lah. Those people on the street are inconsiderate. But judging from the shopping distance can roughly tell the driver is not reckless per se.

His car seems to be a real powerful car judging from the exhaust sound, at least below 6sec type.

Agree lah. Those people on the street are inconsiderate. But judging from the shopping distance can roughly tell the driver is not reckless per se.

His car seems to be a real powerful car judging from the exhaust sound, at least below 6sec type.

He can brake fast. I wonder why people want to have a HUD when they have a car cam capturing their speed. Rather stupid...

Edited by Fastfive1

He can brake fast. I wonder why people want to have a HUD when they have a car cam capturing their speed. Rather stupid...

I dont know at all but why do you think so ? Do you think the car sounds like those very high power M series or igh end AMG type of car ?

Twincharged

Dude look at the HUD in the car. Its about 28kmh. That's not fast at all.

IMO, should treat this street like driving in a carpark. Travel at about 15-20km/h max. The pedestrians are inconsiderate by walking on the road, but the driver is still the one responsible since he is in control of a machine that can kill easily. The street is narrow with cars parked on both sides and people walking to their cars. Not much different from carpark. On other roads, 28km/h is slow, but in this situation, its abit fast.

• Praise 1

Saw it from Facebook

Fake sti driver version

---------------

Thanks for Friends and new friends updating me about a piece of fake news( the person who posted edited the video and only show partial and edited portion)

that went viral and making me famous haha. I been coaching for over 23 years, with my world class professional qualification also never gets a publicity as easy as this.

Better still I learn that thereâs so many b**tards and idiots around on a good Sunday stuck on their phone ð² following this thread and even some even harass me continuously ð¤£

Thank God, I am not a piece bother with it as shall not waste further time on this matter. Those who knows me or my students knows I worked in snowcity and gotten season parking. The fact that I was rushing to send my kids to classes after helping many the whole day trying to master their skiing and snowboarding so that they can enjoy their upcoming vacations.

My 2 littles kids are still traumatised by the incident and IJ says: thereâs a party going on in his heart ð so cannot settle down.

All I can say I sway to meet this idiot ah Beng trying to do a E brake and resulted this collision. Even thought, I am alright to exchange particular and not let him take pictures of my Nric. Why should I surrender my nric to him? Seeing my crying kids, he didnât even ask if they are alright? I have to asked him whether heâs ok, all he wants is the typical kiasu $$$$.

To me, No ones hurts, no government property damage, just a scratch on car go report to The accident and make cliams to insurance accordingly loh. Whatâs the heck and big big deal about it??? Need to Make this such an issue? Whatâs his goal and those of you whom shared and comments?

Lastly, my advice to all be safe and keeps healthy by going outdoor and do sports more, you will live better and be happier.

She said that she is a world class professional coach but I think she is rather vulgar and passes sweeping statement about formers. Not worth entertaining!
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2