Singapore Reckless Drivers part VII

RadX

PMD also kum gong lah, green man blink and vehicles already moving still wanna cheong.

When I arrive late at a traffic junction and vehicles have already started turning, I'll just wait for the next round, even if the green man is not blinking.

I kiasi, not gonna argue that I have right of way with moving vehicles.  [laugh]

Once start to blink, whether i'm cyclist or pedestrian I won't cross anymore. That's when likely vehicles have already started to move off and many may not expect cyclist/pedestrian to cross.

Both car confirm totalled liao...

The e-scooterist was lucky, a bit faster and he will be flying onto the junction

• Praise 2

I witnessed something similar this morning.

Same left turn, only that the e-scooter was coming from the other side.

Green man flashing, walking pedestrians all cleared the road and this e-scooter decided to chiong the flashing green man.

First turning car apparently saw her, braked but too late, clipped her on the left side of the front bumper.

The e-scooter also one kind. Saw the car moving already but insisted on crossing without slowing down.

• Praise 1

I witnessed something similar this morning.

Same left turn, only that the e-scooter was coming from the other side.

Green man flashing, walking pedestrians all cleared the road and this e-scooter decided to chiong the flashing green man.

First turning car apparently saw her, braked but too late, clipped her on the left side of the front bumper.

The e-scooter also one kind. Saw the car moving already but insisted on crossing without slowing down.

Only clipped? Wasted, should at least run over the scooter (not the rider!) to remove one scooter from the road.

• Praise 5

Yup, clipped only.

The car already started inching forward and yet the e-scooter refused to slow down or stop and continued crossing.

As the car continued inching, the e-scooter continued to veer to its right in a bid to get ahead of the car.

I think in the end, the e-scooter had to swerve back to the left to get back on the pavement and end up clipping the car's left side front bumper [laugh]

Only clipped? Wasted, should at least run over the scooter (not the rider!) to remove one scooter from the road.

Good day all MCFers .....

Beware when driving along our roads this three weeks festive season.  :confident:

There are many "driving once a year" drivers lurking on the road and they are really dumb [furious] ... don't know how to call or name them. [shakehead]

This are the drivers who rent-a-car for CNY and lack of road experiences.

Yesterday itself, I encountered several of them (without the PHV logo) by

a)  either stopping in the middle of a lane to decide to turn left into car park or move further up   

b)  turning right using the left lane

c)  turning left by filtering into the right as if he was driving a long class 4 vehicle where one needs to take siding 

d)  going against the flow of traffic

e)  horned hard 3 times me when the arrow for turning right is 'red' and then realised his mistake & mat bodo ....    [mad]

f)   can't park inside a parking lot and used up 1 1/2 lots

g)  waiting for him to park at angular into a lot (blocking several cars traffic going out) and needs to move 8 times, forward & reverse and still parked slanting.

Haiz........... a yearly affair...     :lll._.:

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15
  • Praise 6

Once start to blink, whether i'm cyclist or pedestrian I won't cross anymore. That's when likely vehicles have already started to move off and many may not expect cyclist/pedestrian to cross.

ya lor, that's what we were taught in primary school,

if blinking and not yet started crossing - don't cross

if cross halfway and start blinking - cross faster.

very simple.

dunno why nowadays people don't practice.

• Praise 2

im sure the redplate cars must be going 'pheeeeeeeewwwww'

as they no longer the culprits anymore in the annual idiotic driver awards

• Praise 1

very simple.

because nowadays most people ego quite high, die die must cheong and insist right of way.  

Edited by Dafansu

Your "affinity" to red plates has not even come down a bit! You are racist!

im sure the redplate cars must be going 'pheeeeeeeewwwww'

as they no longer the culprits anymore in the annual idiotic driver awards

very simple.

We were also taught to look left, right, left before crossing.  Now pedestrians just look at handphones, before, during and after crossing.

• Praise 2

Your "affinity" to red plates has not even come down a bit! You are racist!

CAR-ist

please!

• Praise 1

very simple.

Should send all new citizens or FT to attend those lessons....one will see very very often the way they use the traffic light between Sengkang KPT Square and CompassOne mall - be it green or red or blinking...they just cross as and when they like one.

Mata also show not happy when kana horn.

=================== 

"Police car QX567D turn left into 2nd lane across double white line along Zion Road. From extreme right lane turn right into my 2nd lane along Havelock Road. I horned the police car, then the driver became offensive with his driving along Havelock Road and turning into Outram Road. Incident happened on 27 Jan 19 around 11.50 am along Zion/Havelock/Outram Roads."

https://www.facebook.com/BehChiaLor/videos/758229777892444/?t=87

• Praise 3

===================

"Police car QX567D turn left into 2nd lane across double white line along Zion Road. From extreme right lane turn right into my 2nd lane along Havelock Road. I horned the police car, then the driver became offensive with his driving along Havelock Road and turning into Outram Road. Incident happened on 27 Jan 19 around 11.50 am along Zion/Havelock/Outram Roads."

Send the video to traffic police .

PCB mata

Old folks used to say new year must not scold bad words.
  • Praise 1

=================== 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but shouldn't the cam driver be turning into the furthest left lane after the right turn at about 0:55? If you follow the road lines of the turn, it actually leads to the furthest left lane right?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3