Singapore Reckless Drivers part VII

RadX

The problem with some people is that they tend to read traffic rules strictly off the book without fully comprehending the principals behind it. I agree with you in this argument. I chose to reply to your thread because its impossible to argue with bigots.

When i was in SSDC learning to drive, i was once told by my driving instructor that on a road where two cars in opposing direction are turning into the same road with two lanes, both cars can do it at the same time as long as the road is clear and its safe to do so.

What he said did not contravene the traffic rules that you stated. The left turning vehicle is turning into the lane furthest from the centre divider while the right turning vehicle is turning into the lane next to the centre divider. Yes right turning vehicles should give way to left turning vehicles if both are turning into a road with ONLY one lane. Logical no?

In this case the bike was not wrong to turn right. Of course he would be on the losing end if the cam car knock into him because the cam car failed to observe traffic rule i.e. turn left into the lane furthest away from the centre divider then signal and lane change.

Some people argued there wasnt enough time to signal and lane change. With regards to signalling i disagree. Changing of signal can be done once the car start turning and the motorbike will be able to see it. If the bike chose to speed up n continue its turning, well accident will happen if one of the parties don't GIVE WAY as stated in the traffic rule.

About not enough time to lane change, ya i agree there are some roads which have this problem. Then again, the driver can choose to go head on with the other party (bike or car or king kong lorry) and force its way into the lane next to the centre divider but dont post cam footage and try to justify own action. Because i am sure there is a junction further ahead that the car can still turn to continue with its journey.

Cannot be leh...how can SSDC driving instructor say it is ok? No driving instructor will teach like that one leh. If both can turn together, wouldnt that end up 2 vehicles side by side after turning & this is not part of defensive driving leh. What if we kena a kuku driver with his left signal ON but go straight then BOOMZZ, how? Not quarrel quarrel with u hor...just kopi kopi talk talk only. Can agree to disagree hor but can take beer bottle bang table lah if not happy. ;)
↡ Advertisement

Bro , for this case , the car how to signal ? The lane he is on , is for turning left , even before completing the left turn , he needs to go to the third which is a turn right only lane if he intends to turn right . The distance between the car fully completing his left turn and getting to the third lane is very close . So i doubt anyone will turn into the inner 2 lanes before signalling and cross over to the third lane which is for turning right only .

Can be done bro. Just have to signal right immediately after he makes the left.

And check blind spot while moving.

I'm not expecting driver to do something impossible. I put myself in the same situation, I think of how I might have handled it. I would almost certainly have gone faster (so avoided the motorcyclist situation as he wouldn't have been able to squeeze alongside going at that speed) but even in a slower car I would've signalled right and filtered more carefully.

I don't think I'm being unreasonable in my expectations of the driver.

But just in case my stance is not clear, the biker has more sh*t for brains here. He has more to lose (flesh covering metal) , he is turning right and he could've been more cautious. He also had the pickup to accelerate to avoid the situation but didn't, probably cos he's got a typical confrontational "biker" attitude. On the whole, biker is more wrong and much dumber.

Just saying car could have and should have done better.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 3

This is a 3 lane road u are turning into. Not a 1 lane, not even a 2 lane road.

It's not unreasonable for both sides to be turning at the same time. Of course the right turning one has to be more careful.

You can say so when it's a small car turning, when it's a 20 or 24 wheeler, I see how the bike argue given those truck have super wide turning radius. Always give way to vehicle turning left when at signalized or non signalized traffic junction. Not referring to filtering such as zebra crossing

You can say so when it's a small car turning, when it's a 20 or 24 wheeler, I see how the bike argue given those truck have super wide turning radius. Always give way to vehicle turning left when at signalized or non signalized traffic junction. Not referring to filtering such as zebra crossing

Agreed. The right turning vehicle has to give way. 

Of course if it's big vehicle, whether u have right or left of way, u also give way. 

Sorry but pls let me stereotyped just once. Biker riding scrambler so what do u think? I hv never seen a scrambler being ridden by a safe rider anyway (unless tats ridden by me...haha). Majority of scramblers are dangerous riders. Likely bcos they feel they are taller all the time & they can pick up speed fast all the time too. My take for the rider, continue to ride this way with this attitude, one day sure kena one. This type of rider is exactly those who suddenly cut lanes abruptly & other rd users will not be able to spot him in those spilt secs.

Ya, that is the reason why we have forums for discussions and hopefully these riders happened to visit mycarforum and read this post. Then reflect on it if they are one of these hell rider. Hopefully it will sink in to their head that "hey, what for ride so hurrying and impatiently?".. Well hopefully..

https://m.facebook.com/groups/327646567382859?view=permalink&id=1312789365535236

Just in.. See another one in the making.. Monkey see monkey do.. Will tp take action against these lorry driver and cyclist?

Haiz..

• Praise 1

So this morn i was driving slowly off the slip road onto the highway and almost got knocked into by this idiot my biker.

I hope he runs into king kong lorry soon.

Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLILUNOz30k

so i was following the merc and there was a suitable slot on the right btw the mpv and red cab

similarly the merc had a suitable slot just ahead too

so i signalled and and made my approach and the red cab gave me ample space to slot in, same for the merc, lucky both of us.

Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5cVxUBLsnE

and then he appeared! he was nowhere in sight when i double/triple check to move in.

heng i was no faster if not the biker sure kena - see his line of approach - its diagonal from left to right

i let out a beep and he shook his head - obviously know is he kena horn and thinks he has the right of way.

i have no pity for him if king kong comes.

• Praise 3

So this morn i was driving slowly off the slip road onto the highway and almost got knocked into by this idiot my biker.

so i was following the merc and there was a suitable slot on the right btw the mpv and red cab

so i signalled and and made my approach and the red cab gave me ample space to slot in, same for the merc, lucky both of us.

Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5cVxUBLsnE

and then he appeared! he was nowhere in sight when i double/triple check to move in.

heng i was no faster if not the biker sure kena - see his line of approach - its diagonal from left to right

i let out a beep and he shook his head - obviously know is he kena horn and thinks he has the right of way.

This is normal, encountered too many of these bikers.. Haiz..

• Praise 1

Cannot be leh...how can SSDC driving instructor say it is ok? No driving instructor will teach like that one leh. If both can turn together, wouldnt that end up 2 vehicles side by side after turning & this is not part of defensive driving leh. What if we kena a kuku driver with his left signal ON but go straight then BOOMZZ, how? Not quarrel quarrel with u hor...just kopi kopi talk talk only. Can agree to disagree hor but can take beer bottle bang table lah if not happy. ;)

Np :) tats why we come forum. An alternative to kopitiam for us commoners to tok cock sing song, let off some steam and learn from others or from the mistakes of others
  • Praise 2

can't agree more.

if my son wants to ride a motorbike in future. i will be the first one to object! have seen enough and also lucky to enough to survive the roads. lol..

Buy him a nice car so that he could not resist driving.
  • Praise 1

Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_5cVxUBLsnE

Truly f**ked up riding.

I keep getting irritated when commenters on that dumbass road vigilante site keep talking about how vulnerable road users like bikers need to be protected. That site seems to be chock full of smug bikers who give a free pass to many bikers pulling stunts and reserve their most scathing criticisms for cars but anyway - motorcyclists are *not* the most vulnerable road users. They can easily kill pedestrians and even drivers in a collision. And in any case, the onus is on the vulnerable road user to take basic common sense measures to protect himself. Instead, it seems like they prefer to do the opposite, letting their ego do the thinking and insisting on their "rights" on the road. Idiots.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 2

Sequel of lorry vs bicycle?

Dumb driver tried to do the same as episode one but the outcome was driver on the ground instead.

Yeah. The Cyclist Strikes Back. [laugh]

The other person may be at wrong, but as long as you throw a punch, you lose liao. That's physical assault.

Cyclist would claim he’s threatened when that driver tried to knock him down...then charged towards him...

Maybe that driver thought the cyclist would only grab his hp and toss it away...人算不如天算