Singapore Reckless Drivers part VII

RadX

Road hogger met their match.

yeah, looks like moses parting the red sea

Maybe this year is Year of Pig.

Many road hogs.

Even when road is clear like to stay on lane one.....met many everyday....

Worst is they think 80kmph at lane one is ok.

One in three are taxi drivers.

If PIE 80 they "think" 70 is ok in lane 1 so that in case camera snap at them.

At ECP if you do 85 at lane 1 or near 90, I think alot of taxi driver going to airport will high beam u

↡ Advertisement

The other, more practical, moral of the story is that you should never "close case" until you're certain no other damage exists. If you hadn't returned the remainder with such alacrity, you would be at less of a loss. But it's all done with now.

This also pertains to @RadX - bumper impacts almost always damage the foam inside. They usually don't spring back. So even with no external damage, there may be some internal damage. The bumper will never be as good at impact absorption. But I'm sure that doesn't matter too much to you, once you've decided to forgive the guy.

I just want the young chap to pay for what he deserved and nothing more.

He was apologetic and didn't try to shed responsibility and thanked me repeatedly when I accepted the initial reduced amount and after I returned the balance. That won my sympathy and everything's forgiven.

Anyway I have since moved on and currently shopping for my replacement set in taobao, those that include both front and rear sensors. Treat as an upgrade since I had wanted to install the front sensors but have been dragging for too long.

• Praise 5

this video with 3X speed of norm seems quite comical

Looks like Cam Car could not catch a 218 1.5 3 cyl car [laugh]

There were quite a number of openings to overtake those hoggers but black car did not took them, instead chose to tailgate and waste his own time (if he really was in a hurry).

Not sure why, maybe black car lack power.

Then again, nothing really wrong with black car at the end of the day. Useless video just showing plenty of road hoggers.

Turbocharged

Yah agree with the approach, I don't bother with tailgating it endangers lives of those on the road as it also don't serve much help anyway. I rather just wait until the left lane clears and cut them safely.

There are odd occasions where I cut from the left of the expressway into the right lane only to get high beamed by a hogger going slow 20/30 cars away only to see him disappear from the rear mirror with a string cars behind  [laugh]

I can't entirely disagree with this. Tailgating like this doesn't solve much. But if he was in a genuine life or death emergency with road hogs holding him up I can understand his frustration. Sometimes people drive erratically due to stress. And this cam car wilfully sped up the footage to make it more incriminating plus he was tailgating himself in quite a few instances. I don't get why people get off on this social media shaming nonsense still.

The power of a car (and the competence of its driver) does matter. Instead of tailgating like this, the better solution would've been to bide one's time, signal left and smoke the road hogs. Singapore law (regrettably, out of necessity because of incorrigible and ingrained road-hogging behaviour) does not illegalise overtaking via the left. Of course, that may not be an option open to an underpowered car or a driver lacking in competence/confidence.

• Praise 4

Hypersonic

this video with 3X speed of norm seems quite comical

Looks like Cam Car could not catch a 218 1.5 3 cyl car  [laugh]

Like ambulance driver.

• Praise 1

(edited)

Yah agree with the approach, I don't bother with tailgating it endangers lives of those on the road as it also don't serve much help anyway. I rather just wait until the left lane clears and cut them safely.

There are odd occasions where I cut from the left of the expressway into the right lane only to get high beamed by a hogger going slow 20/30 cars away only to see him disappear from the rear mirror with a string cars behind [laugh]

Oh, I can't begin to tell you how many times I've been high beamed by road hogging twats despite:

A) not having tailgated, flashed or honked them myself.

B) having signalled in advance of the overtake. Both the cutting out and in.

C) moving in front of them with literal bus-lengths of clearance

This has even happened when I overtook them via the *right* and didn't even merge back into their lane (i.e. stayed to their right, just well ahead)!

I just consider it the last defiant act of a thwarted self-righteous f**ktard.

I wouldn't mind their beh song ego massaging so much except it actually startles me just a bit and takes my focus off what's in front of me for an instant. Unnecessary high beaming is dangerous road behaviour. Forget about being petulant, these slow, "safe" drivers are actually retards who endanger others without any consideration.

Edited by Turboflat4

Third world mindset to walk away because it is not my fault and hence it is none of my business.

Somebody fell off the bike and potentially got hurt. It is only gracious to help.

Unless people stop trying to exploit situations to their own advantage, it's pointless to be helpful. The sad truth is that it does not pay to be kind. You will get f**ked by those greedy a**holes.

Turbocharged

It's only a 125 lah.

Believe me, if it was a M140i or M240i driven halfway competently in anger, it wouldn't be stuck like this. No need for cam car to speed up footage to snook. [laugh]

Nice work, reported the bugger yet? No excuse for this sort of reckless behavior..

(edited)

Nice work, reported the bugger yet? No excuse for this sort of reckless behavior..

Why would I report? I have no skin in this game. I'm not the sort to go around bao toh-ing people even when it's something minor that I've personally encountered.

Yes, there is no excuse for recklessness... or road hogging by the car in front of the bimmer. If you're taking the trouble to report the one, do remember to report the other too, eh?

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 1

Oh, I can't begin to tell you how many times I've been high beamed by road hogging twats despite:

This has even happened when I overtook them via the *right* and didn't even merge back into their lane (i.e. stayed to their right, just well ahead)!

I wouldn't mind their beh song ego massaging so much except it actually startles me just a bit and takes my focus off what's in front of me for an instant. Unnecessary high beaming is dangerous road behaviour. Forget about being petulant, these slow, "safe" drivers are actually retards who endanger others without any consideration.

U kena in the Mito, 1er or Mac?

I guess it's the 1er

• Praise 1

(edited)

U kena in the Mito, 1er or Mac?

I guess it's the 1er ð

Because that will make it congruent with Mercury1's 3er.

Those drivers must be cursing "CCB BMW"!! ð¤£ð¤£ð¤£ð¤£ð¤£

The thing with the idiot beaming me despite the fact that I was overtaking via the right and stayed on the right? That was in the Mac. I was way ahead when the other driver's cat like reflexes finally kicked in and I saw a couple of flashes in my rear view from the distance.

Some people are just allergic to anything they consider fast driving. And they're bursting to share that disapproval with the world at large. :D

(I was overtaking fast because this is a tricky merge and the surest way to avoid issues is to get to the rightmost lane while it's totally clear).

Edited by Turboflat4

Like ambulance driver.

when I watch it the first time, I had the impression it was about the Bimmer having bad suspension as it was jiggly ..

They didn't high beam you because you drive badly.

They high beam you because they wanted to f you. These people cannot stand anyone getting ahead of them.

They must be first no matter how slowly they drive. No one can overtake them.

So many people have this CB mentality and are passive aggressive.

This is a symptom of the strong bullying the weak and when the weak have any kind of power they just want to provoke anyone they can.

Cars become the perfect weapon and the ugly side come out.

The real problem is people doing this are not conscious they are doing this at all.

If people don't know they cannot change. So it cannot get better.

:D

• Praise 5

They didn't high beam you because you drive badly.

They high beam you because they wanted to f you. These people cannot stand anyone getting ahead of them.

They must be first no matter how slowly they drive. No one can overtake them.

So many people have this CB mentality and are passive aggressive.

This is a symptom of the strong bullying the weak and when the weak have any kind of power they just want to provoke anyone they can.

Cars become the perfect weapon and the ugly side come out.

The real problem is people doing this are not conscious they are doing this at all.

If people don't know they cannot change. So it cannot get better.

I agree with everything you said.

By the way, what's with all the serious posts lately? It's as unexpected as @Datsun366 suddenly making perfect sense.

I agree with everything you said.

By the way, what's with all the serious posts lately? It's as unexpected as @Datsun366 suddenly making perfect sense.

He misses his MIL
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1