Singapore Reckless Drivers part VII

RadX

I cannot stand the hypocrisy of the Cam car driver.

I want everyone to know I am no angel myself.

In school I use to draw bananas and rumbutans in the school text books. Yes it was me.

On the ladies pictures I also drew papayas and what I understand is called luncheon meat and seaweed these days.

I didn't know much about the luncheon meat but I certainly drew the seaweed.

:D

This post is for TBF4 who complained I have been too serious these days. ð

Much appreciated!

:D

↡ Advertisement

I was comparing it to the original 2009 BMW 135i (no M prefix). When the 1 series coupe was first launched, there were 2 versions, the 255 bhp 125i and the 302 bhp 135i. The N54 135i was genuine twin-turboed compared to the twin-scroll in the N55.

Strange. The highest HP figure I can find for the 125i is about 221hp.

Strange. The highest HP figure I can find for the 125i is about 221hp.

Fake figures. None of those I know who dynoed had less than 250 at crank.

That was the period when BMW was going for their new naming system. If the two were too close together, it screws up their market segmentation.

They couldn’t increase the 135i by much because of the heating and lag issues so instead of spending money on a lower tune for the 125i (which essentially is the same engine as the 130i hatch which was listed at 265 bhp), they reported a lower bhp figure.

(edited)

actually sometimes at that age, u will never realise u were in the wrong. Sometimes, many years later, then u realise u were in the wrong haha  [:p]

Sometimes it takes time to realise that it is wrong! It takes even longer to admit it! [lipsrsealed]

Edited by Fitvip

(edited)

Fake figures. None of those I know who dynoed had less than 250 at crank.

That was the period when BMW was going for their new naming system. If the two were too close together, it screws up their market segmentation.

They couldnât increase the 135i by much because of the heating and lag issues so instead of spending money on a lower tune for the 125i (which essentially is the same engine as the 130i hatch which was listed at 265 bhp), they reported a lower bhp figure.

Come on bro. If you're going by actual dyno figures (which themselves are fraught with variation and uncertainty and poor methodology) rather than manufacturer claims, you should know that BMW underrates many of their cars, including the most powerful models. On that basis, the more powerful engines I mentioned will also have higher HP and torque than advertised.

The deficit of the 125i should remain about the same.

I had an F10 M5 claimed by BMW to have 560hp. Most people I know who ran it on a dyno reported over 600hp. They play this game with many of their cars.

Whatever the case may be, comparing "actual" for one model vs "claimed" for another is just unsound. Should go with like vs like, apples to apples, etc.

Also, I've never cited the base 135i or any variant of the 30i, since I have no personal experience with them. The cars that I've mentioned are the M140i and the M240i (which are identical in terms of powertrain). The reason I brought those up is because someone mistook this car for one of those in an earlier post.

The BMW models that I know intimately through ownership are: the 4 cylinder 520i (complete pig), the M135i, the F10 M5, the E92 M3 and the M140i.

The BMW models that I've test driven are too numerous to list but includs the i8, the F90 M5, F80 M3 (and its sibling M4) and the M2 (original, not competition).

I can only comment on what I know well.

Edited by Turboflat4

(edited)

Come on bro. If you're going by actual dyno figures (which themselves are fraught with variation and uncertainty and poor methodology) rather than manufacturer claims, you should know that BMW underrates many of their cars, including the most powerful models. On that basis, the more powerful engines I mentioned will also have higher HP and torque than advertised.

The deficit of the 125i should remain about the same.

I had an F10 M5 claimed by BMW to have 560hp. Most people I know who ran it on a dyno reported over 600hp. They play this game with many of their cars.

Whatever the case may be, comparing "actual" for one model vs "claimed" for another is just unsound. Should go with like vs like, apples to apples, etc.

Sure.

But the 135i was dynoed very close to spec. And it couldn’t survive 3 laps round the track without going into limp mode when stock.

There was really no 125i that was so low in actual power. So many in the UK were so happy that they got a bargain then. Hahaha.

Anyway, OOT.

Edited by LeftRighty

Sure.

But the 135i was dynoed very close to spec. And it couldnât survive 3 laps round the track without going into limp mode when stock.

There was really no 125i that was so low in actual power. So many in the UK were so happy that they got a bargain then. Hahaha.

Anyway, OOT.

Ok you seem to know about the 135i and 125i better than I do, so I'll accept what you say. But please see my edit in the earlier post - the comparison was with the 40i cars which someone else had mentioned. And there I'm speaking with the full conviction of daily experience.

In any case, yes, very OT.

Ok you seem to know about the 135i and 125i better than I do, so I'll accept what you say. But please see my edit in the earlier post - the comparison was with the 40i cars which someone else had mentioned. And there I'm speaking with the full conviction of daily experience.

In any case, yes, very OT.

No disagreement there.  The 40i cars are fantastic.  Truely a couple of generations better than the N52/N54.

The only cheese is the fuel particulate filter that is mandated here and the UK. Else we'll get the 380bhp version that the US owners are enjoying.

This looks familiar some thing similar happened last year in Sembawang right? 

not the first case and won't be the last case.

when driver is looking at GPS/handphone instead of looking at the surroundings, this happens.

No disagreement there. The 40i cars are fantastic. Truely a couple of generations better than the N52/N54.

The only cheese is the fuel particulate filter that is mandated here and the UK. Else we'll get the 380bhp version that the US owners are enjoying.

Are you referring to the Otto particulate filter? That's a 2018 development to the best of my knowledge. Mine is a late 2016 car (one of the first few in Singapore).

I haven't heard of a stock (manufacturer rated) 380 hp bmw M140i in any market. Got a link?

(edited)

Both taxi and civic are no saint here..

The civic sure is in a hurry. At the merging lane the taxi is more than half a car length yet the driver wants to squeeze. 

After that another offence overtaking the double white lines without signalling. The taxi filtering one shot from inner to outer lane  :a-m1212:

Edited by Atachi
  • Praise 1