Singapore Reckless Drivers part VII

RadX

Turbocharged
(edited)

Hahhah.. ok la ...

Maybe slipper got caught but no braking whatsoever le, more like acceleration...

When reaching the gantry, you wun slow down meh?

I dun know but to me the beedeo is even more proof of a sudden unintended acceleration. Which sinkie nincompoop in the first place will dare to strike down a cp barrier and pay money to repair it..

But stil im with you..i think this is more human than machine error. There is a case for Ah pek to answer

Edited by Kyrios
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3

If the car is coming out from the MSCP, then its coming down a steep slope...maybe driver wanted to slow down coming down slope but stepped on accelerator instead...

I dun know but to me the beedeo is even more proof of a sudden unintended acceleration. Which sinkie nincompoop in the first place will dare to strike down a cp barrier and pay money to repair it..

But stil im with you..i think this is more human than machine error. There is a case for Ah pek to answer

i think the car still in running condition after the crash.

press wrong pedal or car fault,

very easy to check,

cannot escape or fake 1.

• Praise 1

(edited)

step wrong pedal = very serious offense? [sly]

many sudden acceleration accidents were caused by step wrong pedal

Edited by Wt_know

Wah , the first bike in the video really super heng 

Carpark CCTV shows the Hyundai Avante speeding through gantry. Seems like the car didnt even brake? Perhaps driver step wrong pedal

\

• Praise 1

(edited)

2 pedals still can get wrong. better don't drive. 

exactly its 2 pedals causing problem

if got 3 pedals, left leg can also stop / slow down the car. 

now all use 1 leg. if that right leg kalang kabo. mean gg.

Edited by Beregond

If the car is coming out from the MSCP, then its coming down a steep slope...maybe driver wanted to slow down coming down slope but stepped on accelerator instead...

I don't get it. Usually in carparks, auto car, your right foot will either be on the accelerator or the brake. Sometimes not pressing on either, let the car roll, but I will standby to press on either pedal - basically remain in control of the car at all times and not legs off everything such that when you need to press again, the reposition might cause you to press on the wrong pedal. 

Even if you step on the wrong pedal, the immediate reaction will be to step on the other one to get the opposite effect. 

It's like if your car has no auto hill start, once you let go of the brake and if the car roll back even by a bit, you'll immediately brake and do hand brake drill. Because your brain knows when you let go of the brake it should move forward but that didn't happen, so that will trigger a reaction which is to step on the brake. 

During parking, it's not surprising to step on the wrong pedal but the distance is very short, so sometimes they cannot brake in time and knock into other cars. This video shows the acceleration is over a huge distance, so I don't know why the driver didn't even try to brake. SUA and car faults aside, my feeling is the driver panicked and let go of everything, or worse, step on the accelerator even more. Coupled with slow reaction time, it's a total disaster. 

In some countries, their theory test has one section that tests your reaction time, done on and measured by the computer. Usually it's an animation and suddenly something will happen and you need to click within a certain time. This should be done in SG too especially for people above a certain age before they can renew their license, on top of the medical tests. 

exactly its 2 pedals causing problem

if got 3 pedals, left leg can also stop / slow down the car.

now all use 1 leg. if that right leg kalang kabo. mean gg.

Hence if so easy to get it wrong, better don't drive.

three year old news, should read as LTA was was was investigating.......  if there are findings, should have been released by now. 

wolwol also have sudden unintended acceleration ? 

LTA said they found no evidence of mechanical fault in a spate of "sudden unintended acceleration" cases and the taxi drivers eventually admitted that they had stepped on the accelerator instead of the brake pedal.

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/transport/sudden-unintended-acceleration-lta-finds-no-mechanical-fault

• Praise 2

Supercharged

In case your pedal really is stuck or acceleration is unintended, some cars have auto start stop engine buttons and no neutral gears; the following is what you can do (googled from internet):

"Press and hold the ignition button for three seconds (if equipped). In newer model vehicles equipped with a start/stop ignition button, it may not shut off immediately upon pressing the button. The vehicle’s on board computer may think you are still driving because of the gas pedal being engaged. In these vehicles, holding the start/stop ignition button for three seconds should shut down the motor.[8]Vehicles equipped with start/stop ignition buttons are designed to prevent you from accidentally shutting off the vehicle while driving.Holding the button down for three full seconds sends a message to the computer that you want it to override that safety feature."

• Praise 3

Completely OT but was at peninsular plaza the food court awhile back (jan) and saw the cleaning auntie. She's gotta be in her 80s, hunched and limping and working hard to clean tables. Idk why but my heart just broke, something is wrong with society if an auntie like that can't even enjoy her retiring years (working to pass time, didn't look like it)

Bought her a liang cha from the drink stall and brought it to her at the dish washing area. She was super shocked and touched and kept thanking me, could see her eyes light up, couldn't hold back a tear

A the end when she came to our table I told my colleagues that we shld just help to clear the trays ourselves and not trouble her and they agreed, and as I brought my tray to the washing station, she kept thanking me, I just replied "it's ok auntie no worries"

Made me realise that there's only so much I can do to help, really poor thing

OT here too..

My office area got a cleaning auntie ..

Every morning see her , I will feel damned sad..

Looks emaciated and listless..I will always try my best to tabao bread or pandan cakes for her and she will feel very happy ..

Her lunch is always Curry zhup with rice and potatoes..

Although she still can work, can see that she is really pushing herself everyday..

And the ministar can say that they are exercising ..

Really heartless and a twit..

• Praise 12

OT here too..

My office area got a cleaning auntie ..

Every morning see her , I will feel damned sad..

Looks emaciated and listless..I will always try my best to tabao bread or pandan cakes for her and she will feel very happy ..

Her lunch is always Curry zhup with rice and potatoes..

Although she still can work, can see that she is really pushing herself everyday..

And the ministar can say that they are exercising ..

Really heartless and a twit..

Exercising?

Latest is Vitamin D!

(edited)

In case your pedal really is stuck or acceleration is unintended, some cars have auto start stop engine buttons and no neutral gears; the following is what you can do (googled from internet):

"Press and hold the ignition button for three seconds (if equipped). In newer model vehicles equipped with a start/stop ignition button, it may not shut off immediately upon pressing the button. The vehicleâs on board computer may think you are still driving because of the gas pedal being engaged. In these vehicles, holding the start/stop ignition button for three seconds should shut down the motor.[8]Vehicles equipped with start/stop ignition buttons are designed to prevent you from accidentally shutting off the vehicle while driving. Holding the button down for three full seconds sends a message to the computer that you want it to override that safety feature."

While this may be a viable solution, not many can hold a button for three second in a panic situation, moreover, a lot of damage would have been done in 3 second in a case of extreme acceleration. The situation might be better if one is travelling on expressway. Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

While this may be a viable solution, not many can hold a button for three second in a panic situation, moreover, a lot of damage would have been done in 3 second in a case of extreme acceleration. The situation might be better if one is travelling on expressway.

True but at least you know the way to kill the engine if you need to.

It will be helpful if for example you are on unintended acceleration on the highway etc.

Frankly I would be stumped too cos my car no neutral, no hand brake etc.

↡ Advertisement