Singapore Reckless Drivers part VII

RadX

Turbocharged

Who's fault here?

Looks like I am the first person on the cyclist side .

If I am cam car driver , I will slow down and turn into the petrol station behind the cyclist , so that he can maintain his speed . There are no vehicles on the leftmost lane and I will not be holding up traffic in doing so . 

Cam car cut in front of cyclist and came to an almost complete stop before turning , resulting in cyclist also having to stop . Of course the cyclist will tulan . 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 12

Who's fault here?

I think both lah. Cam car should not have turned in like a friggin' snail (irks me no end such drivers), and the cyclist should have not buddha palm-ed the car, he could have easily slowed down also. 

Edited by Magfocus
  • Praise 3

A little bit of consideration goes a long way.

I feel the cam car driver is being guai lan in this video. Maybe TP can charge him with inconsiderate driving.

Replace the bicycle with a tipper or cement truck, see if he still dares to cut in and brake like that?

If I am cam car driver , I will slow down and turn into the petrol station behind the cyclist , so that he can maintain his speed . There are no vehicles on the leftmost lane and I will not be holding up traffic in doing so . 

Cam car cut in front of cyclist and came to an almost complete stop before turning , resulting in cyclist also having to stop . Of course the cyclist will tulan . 

• Praise 4

Supercharged

Like this also car driver's fault? He pays the road tax, drives properly and signals his intention, whereas the cyclist nvr wear helmet and behaves like his own the road. SG getting more and more these self entitled cyclists and PMD users on the roads. 

Who's fault here?

• Praise 6

I think most of us, judging the speed and available space, would have overtake the cyclist to turn into the petrol station. 

But then I don't see why the driver brake so much and turn in sooooo slowwwww. There is no visible queue.

Cyclist should have been more defensive in riding though, assuming driver really did signal (watching with volume off). In fact cyclist should be prepared for vehicles suddenly entering and exiting the petrol stations and shophouses along that stretch. Self entitled cb

Who's fault here?

• Praise 4

The car is not wrong, he/she is just being inconsiderate imo. 

The biker is wrong to use his buddha palm. 

I encounter this similar circumstance once in a while just outside my place. Usually I will follow behind if the distance is similar to the video. I do not want him to bang me and get injured, so leceh. 吃力不讨好

Edited by Othello
  • Praise 3

I only want to ask car see a slow moving cyclist must show down.

Cyclist see a slow moving car cannot slow down?

As why the car over take the cyclist.

Cos at that moment of the time he is faster.

Same situation duing jam and car is crawing at snail pace.

Do cyclist wait behind? No they over take also

Even if it mean breaking the rules by going to the right side of the lane.

The cyclist only hit the car cos he got no number plate. He can get away with it

• Praise 5

Turbocharged

I'll also slow down and let the cyclist pass first before turning in, the distance to turn in fact looks rather short to me. 

• Praise 3

A little bit of consideration goes a long way.

I feel the cam car driver is being guai lan in this video. Maybe TP can charge him with inconsiderate driving.

Replace the bicycle with a tipper or cement truck, see if he still dares to cut in and brake like that?

Consideration goes both way. [drivingcar]

I was in similar situation this morning, and based on my own judgement, I think I have sufficient space and time to overtake the cyclist (AMDK btw) in a safe manner, but looking behind me, not much traffic, decided to just follow behind him (while maintaining a safe distance).

And the cyclist upon realizing that there was a car behind him, speed up a little, which I really appreciate. [thumbsup]  In just a few sec, I drove into the slip road and he moved on, both happy, why not?  [flowerface]  [flowerface]

l_sosimple-02.png

• Praise 9

Still an egg .... [sly]

Be it lizard's egg, ostrich egg, crocodile egg, turtle egg, .... etc

:grin:

No wonder supermarket egg price increased!

Consideration goes both way.

I was in similar situation this morning, and based on my own judgement, I think I have sufficient space and time to overtake the cyclist (AMDK btw) in a safe manner, but looking behind me, not much traffic, decided to just follow behind him (while maintaining a safe distance).

And the cyclist upon realizing that there was a car behind him, speed up a little, which I really appreciate. [thumbsup]  In just a few sec, I drove into the slip road and he moved on, both happy, why not?  [flowerface]

That's because you not in the rush & in good mood ..... :we-all-gonna-die:

But if lau sai almost reach the emergency points, you will [furious]

:XD:

Edited by Picnic06-Biante15
  • Praise 3

Cyclist should learn how to use the bike break. Break is there for a reason. Cyclist self entitlement expecting all traffic to accommodate him.

As for cam car slowing down! Do yours want to see car zooming into petrol station! I also slow down whenever I drive into any station. Beware of people popping out from left and right.

A plus point to cam car. He used the indicator.

Edited by Kopites
  • Praise 3

Supercharged

Dont worry.....2 strokes is being phased out, cannot renew coe liao. Good and bad........good as this pesky small critters exhaust note can be sharp and shrill but we are about to see the death of the nippy 250cc 2 stroke engine in Singapore. In other countries these 250s are kept as collectibles and is rather expensive for a 20 yr old bike. Up north the price can be above rm 30k.

attachicon.gifreceived_373738556804955.jpeg

The PGM is a lovable bike..

The PGM is a lovable bike..

Ya....i have tried it too but the eagle handle bars were stressful for my already damaged wrist and the petrol consumption was bad......full tank can only last for 3 days from AMK to Teban while the bigger cc fourstrokes can nearly double the mileage.

Remind me of andy lau 'Full Throttle' movie....

depending on how fast the cyclist was cycling and the distance from where the car turned, the driver may need to turn after the cyclist passed. 20plus years ago, when taking driving test if the cyclist is near the point where the car turned but the car turned in front of the cyclist, points will be deducted for inconsiderate driving.

• Praise 2

i wonder what the cam car was?

if it was a luxury car like a S class or Jag XJ, maybe, just maybe the buddha palm would not have been executed.

↡ Advertisement