Singapore Reckless Drivers part VII

RadX

Especially on a rainy day, i  prefer to slow down at a junction regardless what light it may be, especially when other vehicles are not moving off. There could be a reason.

The vid clearly showed why and how i should reinforce that habit. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 5

Especially on a rainy day, i  prefer to slow down at a junction regardless what light it may be, especially when other vehicles are not moving off. There could be a reason.

Its a good habit, but it clearly shows also that regardless of weather, these scooters will cross regardless.

• Praise 6

Its a good habit, but it clearly shows also that regardless of weather, these scooters will cross regardless.

Well, they can cross whenever or where ever they want to.

i just dont want to be the one stopping them in their track. :sick:

• Praise 1

Especially on a rainy day, i prefer to slow down at a junction regardless what light it may be, especially when other vehicles are not moving off. There could be a reason.

Imo, the lorry might not be fast. It may seem fast cos the 2 right lanes were stationary. Cos there was a red turn arrow sign. I use this road pretty often. The way these kamikazes are riding, God help us all!!

Well, they can cross whenever or where ever they want to.

i just dont want to be the one stopping them in their track. :sick:

I fully concur!

Edited by Othello
  • Praise 1

I wonder why, here keep share a lot of different videos, Facebook keep share a lot of different videos, media keep report news of cyclist, biker and etc being hit. Why these stupid rider still do this kind of stunt? They thought they do it once mother happened, do it twice also nothing happened, confirmed do it 100 of times also nothing happened. Those that appear in forum, Facebook and news will not happen to them. They somehow feel that they are more zai then those rider who appear in the video and news. So now this pmd rider become another one of the statistics in the video and news already.

Hope more pmd rider, cyclist and bikers to realise this that please don't keep thinking all these will not happen to me because I am a very zai rider as compared to those appear in the video and news. Wait till you run out of luck. See whether you still have the zainess or not.

Because people don't think it will happen to them or if something happens the driver will be held responsible and pay for everything anyway.

Cos the law will always find the driver guilty of minimally not keeping a proper lookout. So assumption is always driver is responsible.

And as long as the law does not change, people will not change.

People who are reckless don't think they will die. They don't think that far. If they do, we will not see so many jaywalkers (I admit sometimes I jaywalk).

• Praise 2

Some things just dont change.

If motorbike at least they have the patience to take shelter and wait for the heavy rain to stop. These escooter riders feel invincible or something. Dunno where their mentality comes from. Maybe problem is that most of them are young.

• Praise 3

I would like to share an alternate ending. Lorry travelling at 40 (very possible. It managed to stop within the junction on a sibeh wet road). Lorry is ferrying 10 FWs behind. Becos of this joker, they got flung out and 1 or 2 die.

Fact is, no amount of defensive driving can ever compensate for such a totally brainless death seeking action! Even the most conservative safety driving trainer wouldnt have escaped this "tragedy"

Edited by Othello
  • Praise 8

Also tell me my handphone pixel playing trick! The scooter rider wearing black or those dark colour?

I would like to share an alternate ending. Lorry travelling at 40 (very possible. It managed to stop within the junction on a sibeh wet road). Lorry is ferrying 10 FWs behind. Becos of this joker, they got flung out and 1 or 2 die.

Fact is, no amount of defensive driving can ever compensate for such a totally brainless death seeking action! Even the most conservative safety driving trainer wouldnt have escaped this "tragedy"

Let me add a bit.

A full loaded truck require longer breaking distance than an empty load truck.

Personal safety definitely not the top priority on this scooter rider.

A family livelihood ruined. The law surely will punish the truck driver. Hope just a short suspension if no fatality.

Stupid scooter rider.

Edited by Kopites

Lorry don't look fast to me. Compared with the car that went before it, pretty similar. Pmd rider macham play carrom

Edited by Mockngbrd
  • Praise 2

Turbocharged

Escooter beng didnt even veer his head to the left to check oncoming traffic..at least if he checked a bit and mod his speed...he still can cross safely..

Lorry don't look fast to me. Compared with the car that went before it, pretty similar. Pmd rider macham play carrom

Such unfortunate event can happen to anyone here. You and me!

The law should come down hard on such errant scooter rider.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

My feeling is this accident is unlikely to be avoidable unless the lorry driver is not driving his lorry but on the road pushing his lorry. Why, because the PMD is traveling quite fast. It only taking around 3 seconds to pass the cam car and onto the path of the lorry.

If it was an elderly walking and not running, the lorry driver may be able to spot it in time and e-brake or the elderly may be able to spot the lorry and stop walking before he or she enter into the path of the lorry. But then as the floor is wet, e-brake will not be as effective unless the lorry is traveling at way below 60km/hr. Notice how the lorry skidded after hitting the PMD when the e-brake was applied. 

How about this scenario whereby the lorry was able to spot the PMD earlier and jam the e-brake. The lorry still skidded and take out cam car or other road user but the PMD was safe. Fair to the lorry driver? Since cam car cannot move due to traffic light is red for him, lorry driver won't take that into consideration. With the ongoing rain, side windows and front windscreen all wet so it not easy to spot the PMD.

totally agree. this scenario can easily happen to any of us here. I pray that it will never be but given the increase in the recklessness of the PMD riders, its tough to avoid. as much as we sitting on the other side of the fence can comment about this and that, when it really happens to any of us, although it is quite clear the fault is 100% with the rider, it will never be easy should he die or be seriously injured. You can never take away such a guilt even though it is not your fault.

i really cannot imagine going thru this if it should happen to me. i'm sure the scene will replay again and again in the Lorry driver's mind.

• Praise 2

Agreed. The most basic traffic rule that we learn since young - traffic light colours. If that rider was a pedestrian on own 2 legs, surely he wouldn't have dash across when the lights clearly not in his favour? Ride PMD means exempt from traffic rules?

Many road users who are not motorists tend to ignore traffic rules although they are using the road. Once you are on the road, you are a road user no difference from the driver lah. Wait till they go countries like china, Vietnam, etc. You better ensure safe before crossing even the traffic light is in your favour

Some things just dont change.

If motorbike at least they have the patience to take shelter and wait for the heavy rain to stop. These escooter riders feel invincible or something. Dunno where their mentality comes from. Maybe problem is that most of them are young.

When I was growing up in the 90s, I ride bicycle around my neighbourhood on the cycling track. My mum didn't allow me to cycle on the roads. Only can remain on the track. That was the time when SG wasn't that crowded and not many cars. 

It's fair enough the young today ride e-scooters but parents should educate their kids on what safe riding is because they are after all vulnerable on the roads. Insurance claims etc. are secondary. The driver only needs to do paperwork and pay money while you're stuck on the hospital bed in pain. 

If it's raining, tell the kids not to ride their e-scooter. If they're stuck outside, just book a Grab to get home. If you can afford an e-scooter, you aren't that poor that you can't afford a taxi ride. 

• Praise 1

I really don't have the answer but someday it may be possible. With our congested roads where we try to squeeze buses, cars, motocyles, bicycles, etc into a single lane, it is just not possible. Then some clever people suggest bicycle on pavement meant for human which also act for wheelchair, baby prams, waste bins for private estates, even trees growing halfway into pavements. Do these planners really visit the sites?

↡ Advertisement