Singapore Reckless Drivers part VII

RadX

Turbocharged

Just came back from tw. And the locals were telling me if drink driving and causing deaths, its a death sentence to the driver. Serious injury is easily a few years. The new law was on the local news and many seem to welcome it since its always been a big issue in tw. I dont know the details in depth but i think if implemented in sg, most ppl will sure deter from drink driving. Maybe not to the extend of death sentence, but 10 to 15 years in jail might cut down drink driving.

I'm all for heavy handed sentence for drink driving.. jail/ban/suspend/revoke/fine, you name it.. these ppl have no place on the roads..

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Twincharged
(edited)

Actually i think they can drive in 2nd lane as not expressway.

At tuas and pinoeer area i seen not more then once goods fall from lorry. Esp when they turn.

Some of them carry huge concrete pipes secure only by small metal.rods etc

they turn faster abit i suspect might just roll over.

But some driver just dun have a sence of danger.

Still want to go sqeeze with them...

Yup, there was someone posted on Facebook on sg Road viligate Facebook page sometime back that trailer Langar his side when in merging lane.

Than my reply to him is very simple, why chiong with trailer in the merging lane and end up in trailer blindspot? Hope he understand the trailer blindspot and don't keep thinking of chiong are, must need to be the 1st car no matter what.

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 2

The driver/company deserves a big fine for not securing the load at all.  I don't see any strap.  Could have kill a motorcyclist.

i think car also flatten, how thick is our car cabin and rooftop metal is.

i doubt can withstand those weight..

I'm all for heavy handed sentence for drink driving.. jail/ban/suspend/revoke/fine, you name it.. these ppl have no place on the roads..

Can't agree more.

The drink driving b**tards should just go to jail, a fine of 10k and revocation of license for life. They should never be allowed a second chance - the first time they get caught they may not have caused serious injury or death but the same cannot be promised every time.

If they cannot be responsible adults and handle alcohol, why would they be assumed to be a responsible road user?

Can't agree more.

The drink driving b**tards should just go to jail, a fine of 10k and revocation of license for life. They should never be allowed a second chance - the first time they get caught they may not have caused serious injury or death but the same cannot be promised every time.

If they cannot be responsible adults and handle alcohol, why would they be assumed to be a responsible road user?

U would know of social gatherings where friends, colleagues, relatives who are going to drive home after drinking. Refuse to take your advise on being responsible. Will you report them such that they are arrested while on their way home? These so called b**tards are your friends, relatives etc, will you report?
  • Praise 2

Twincharged
(edited)
Wow, 3 cars chiogg to want to be at the front. The cam car should be quite pissed off on these 2 cars that cut queue until like that and want to chiong ahead of them. Then the other 2 car also want chiong. End up could not be wrong on whose ahead, too much power and lucky the car managed to regain control after that. Heng are.. Edited by Yewheng

U would know of social gatherings where friends, colleagues, relatives who are going to drive home after drinking. Refuse to take your advise on being responsible. Will you report them such that they are arrested while on their way home? These so called b**tards are your friends, relatives etc, will you report?

I will insist he/she allow another family member or friend take over the car OR call for a cab. Otherwise i will fetch him/her home myself.

Done that a few times for an uncle who loves to drink, especially at weddings. Will just ask for his car key. After dinner send him and aunty home in his car. Then take a cab to the hotel/restaurant carpark to take own car.

He's learnt to use a car valet service where someone will send him home and a family member will come d down to bring him up.

If he did not listen, yes, i will make sure police will be waiting for him BEFORE he start to drive off. Serious. Its to save him and perhaps others. I will not feel bad or paiseh. He ought to be ashamed if he dun understand.

Safe ride

Cheers

• Praise 15

(edited)

I will insist he/she allow another family member or friend take over the car OR call for a cab. Otherwise i will fetch him/her home myself.

Done that a few times for an uncle who loves to drink, especially at weddings. Will just ask for his car key. After dinner send him and aunty home in his car. Then take a cab to the hotel/restaurant carpark to take own car.

He's learnt to use a car valet service where someone will send him home and a family member will come d down to bring him up.

If he did not listen, yes, i will make sure police will be waiting for him BEFORE he start to drive off. Serious. Its to save him and perhaps others. I will not feel bad or paiseh. He ought to be ashamed if he dun understand.

Safe ride

Cheers

If it's a regular thing and it's a relative might be easier to just give the buggers a lift to and fro.

Don't drive to drink and you'll never drink and drive.

So good to tackle at the first step.

Wow, 3 cars chiogg to want to be at the front. The cam car should be quite pissed off on these 2 cars that cut queue until like that and want to chiong ahead of them. Then the other 2 car also want chiong. End up could not be wrong on whose ahead, too much power and lucky the car managed to regain control after that. Heng are..

I bet you if this had happened with Singapore cars, it would've ended much worse.

Say what you want about Malaysians, they can (on average) drive much more competently than Singaporeans.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 2

the traffic light wait sibeeh long sia.... 

Many Malaysian traffic lights are like that. SG will soon be like that too as the government aims to do away with discretionary right turns. 

It's safer although the wait can be long and traffic can build up - everyone knows LTA's solution to this when the time comes.

If I recall correctly, there's a junction in Malacca which is a 3 minute wait. Some Malaysian drivers are fierce but most still obey the traffic lights. SG the light on red for so long, people still can beat the red light. 

↡ Advertisement