Singapore Reckless Drivers part VII

RadX

That is a systemic problem that needs to be sorted higher up. 

But with all my sympathy for their working condition, they should not be contributing to road risks and danger to themselves and rest of the innocent road users. 

If driving long hours is not meant for them, there are jobs that may not pay as well but still put food on the table... Without risking everyone's life and limbs. 

If you are a PHV driver yourself, you will know how the fatigue sets in and affects your attention on the road. Fares are so low an you need to complete a certain number of trips daily to get the incentive to make up fir the low fares.

It'a tough life for them. Many are jobless PMETs whose jobs are filled by Foreign Talents who after working here and earning their worth, return bk to their home countries to retire for good. 

• Praise 1

Alas didnât flip. Should have been like the vw and Lexus. Forced him to crash. Hahhaha.

Maybe its promotional stunt to show how good the car is ma...

Why i see like the black car do it on purpose?

Loop hole in the BOLA. How can BOLA says the fault is 100% with the car behind? The criminal will get away 100 percent and can repeat without limitation. The criminals are feeding on the stupidity of some scholars or some smart ass sitting behind the desk.

Turbocharged

That is a systemic problem that needs to be sorted higher up.

If driving long hours is not meant for them, there are jobs that may not pay as well but still put food on the table... Without risking everyone's life and limbs.

You may not have been through such a situation, but the ugly truth is that the workforce support groups like e2i are not of any help either. They ask PMETs to attend career fairs, only to further demoralise these PMETs who are told that they are too senior and overqualified.

Companies favor Foreign Talents, as they are cheap to hire. But alas, poor Singaporeans, if they take on these jobs with mediocre salaries, are unable to support their families, children's education and pay their HDB flat mthly installment.

Foreign Talents are not here to stay for the long term. They make their money, and go back to retire for good due to the Foreign exchange advantage of the SG dollar.

Singapore is a job Haven for jobless foreigners, at the expense of locals.

http://www.transitioning.org/2018/01/09/jobless-pmet-used-to-earn-15000month-now-a-cabbie-and-recently-lost-his-family/

• Praise 12

That's why i always say,  when GE comes, vote with eyes wide open  and not just be taken by immediate goodies like hdb upgrading and gst vouchers. 

With so much problem on the ground as a result of mediocre  FT policies by the incumbent, If the next GE result is still the same, I can only say we Singaporeans are sucker for punishment and we deserve it. 

You may not have been through such a situation, but the ugly truth is that the workforce support groups like e2i are not of any help either. They ask PMETs to attend career fairs, only to further demoralise these PMETs who are told that they are too senior and overqualified.

Companies favor Foreign Talents, as they are cheap to hire. But alas, poor Singaporeans, if they take on these jobs with mediocre salaries, are unable to support their families, children's education and pay their HDB flat mthly installment.

Foreign Talents are not here to stay for the long term. They make their money, and go back to retire for good due to the Foreign exchange advantage of the SG dollar.

http://www.transitioning.org/2018/01/09/jobless-pmet-used-to-earn-15000month-now-a-cabbie-and-recently-lost-his-family/

• Praise 8

Supersonic
(edited)

Companies pay top dollars to foreign talent to fill senior position to cut cost, they will bring in their own circle of ang moh friends, next they retrench all the local executives, then next they will also force out more low cost workforce to support their cost position so that they can continue to be here to enjoy high pay, next they hire a lot of cheap talent from you know where to replace sgprean. Many of my friends got affected, not from one single company but different companies. some of them end up earning one third of the salary they used to be getting, some completely give up and choose to retire. Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 5

Twincharged
(edited)

Where is this area? Why so many ppl rushing to hell ah?

Only 22 secs? another 10 secs would be better.

This type can report police for damaging property?

Edited by Ysc3

Supersonic

The linked story (if legit) is so sad, but my god, the wife's a real b*tch.

Turbocharged
(edited)

Where’s all the 3 tonnes when you need them?

Edited by Beanoyip
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2