Singapore Reckless Drivers part VII

RadX

Behind the Jazz got quite a big gap which Audi didn't make use..oh well..

Cannot lah, poor thing will lose face.
  • Praise 1

(edited)

it is likely that he was  misled by the split arrows thinking that it was for left turning. and didnt bother to check side mirror

This one looks like it's one of those confusing parts where motorists can be easily misled into a wrong interpretation of the road signs/signals. I'm not familiar with this road, but from the road signs, it suggests that at the traffic light, ONLY the left lane can turn left. It can also go straight.

Then apart from the left turn, the road in front is likely to split into either a "Slight left" or a "Slight right" option. Means the front route splits into 2 other roads, so the road signs on the road shows the '2nd left-most lane' (while cannot turn left), can either go to the "Slight left" or the "Slight right" option in front. (Those who use Google Maps for navigation should be familiar with 'slight left' and 'slight right')

This type road signs/arrows, is admittedly very rare, so is confusing. And the blur sotong Audi driver likely is not familiar with the road and is v focused on his/her own lane only so didn't see the left lane's road sign/arrow showed that can go straight or turn left.

The Audi must have misinterpreted that the "Slight left" road arrow is instead a "left turn" arrow lah...

Edited by Atrecord
  • Praise 1

Supercharged

it is likely that he was  misled by the split arrows thinking that it was for left turning. and didnt bother to check side mirror

if he can't read arrows.. he better not be driving!

• Praise 5

it is likely that he was misled by the split arrows thinking that it was for left turning. and didnt bother to check side mirror

Actually what the hell is that blue sign visible at about 14s supposed to signify? Two left turning lanes? That's very misleading!
  • Praise 1

Actually what the hell is that blue sign visible at about 14s supposed to signify? Two left turning lanes? That's very misleading!

I saw that too !!! Did a little of googling .... I think Audi might have a case ..... I believe the sign was meant for the next turn into Anson, but sign post was before Tanjong Pagar turn

post-1137-0-02239600-1561451233_thumb.png

• Praise 2

Twincharged
(edited)

Some drivers drive the way that they themselves don't know they drive dangerously.

Like just now got this lexus drive abit dangerously. I was from bukit timah Road turn left to clementi Road. Then I signal right and slowly switch from 4th lane to 3rd lane to 2nd lane then this lexus from behind seems impatient and coming fast from lane 2 and then I switch to lane 1 and he together switch with me behind. As I am making a u turn ahead to suss, so i maintain speed around 70km/h and signal right. Then this lexus buay tahan my speed and then overtake me fast and then jump in front of me and also making the same u turn as me. Now its green light from the opposite side and cars start moving off. Instead of stop for all these cars to pass by, he just u turn with oncoming cars accelerating to him on opposite side.

When I enter suss and drop off pax, this lexus driver also was there seems like waiting for someone. I wind down window and tap light horn and then tell him to wind down window. Then I give him a good lecture saying the way he drive quite dangerous one day will cause accident one. I don't know whether he get it or not. Hopefully he get it, if not if he continue drive the way he did, I don't know, if he is not in luck = accident. So well..

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 2
  • Dislike 1

yup, that sign is at odd with the actual road.

signs show 6 lanes.

actual road looks like only 3 lanes... [sweatdrop]

Time for Audi to sue ... who? LTA?

after Audi insurance has paid out to Honda... [laugh]

Go Malaysia and see already enough to convince one that our driving is shit in comparison.

Just drove up on Sunday.

Encountered a few SG hoggers going at 120 on Lane 1.

Saw a few Macs at Petron at 6+ am. Were you there too?

• Praise 2

Some drivers drive the way that they themselves don't know they drive dangerously.

Like just now got this lexus drive abit dangerously. I was from bukit timah Road turn left to clementi Road. Then I signal right and slowly switch from 4th lane to 3rd lane to 2nd lane then this lexus from behind seems impatient and coming fast from lane 2 and then I switch to lane 1 and he together switch with me behind. As I am making a u turn ahead to suss, so i maintain speed around 70km/h and signal right. Then this lexus buay tahan my speed and then overtake me fast and then jump in front of me and also making the same u turn as me. Now its green light from the opposite side and cars start moving off. Instead of stop for all these cars to pass by, he just u turn with oncoming cars accelerating to him on opposite side.

When I enter suss and drop off pax, this lexus driver also was there seems like waiting for someone. I wind down window and tap light horn and then tell him to wind down window. Then I give him a good lecture saying the way he drive quite dangerous one day will cause accident one. I don't know whether he get it or not. Hopefully he get it, if not if he continue drive the way he did, I don't know, if he is not in luck = accident. So well..

Heng not me. I on MC today. Whole day at home

• Praise 4

Just drove up on Sunday.

Encountered a few SG hoggers going at 120 on Lane 1.

Saw a few Macs at Petron at 6+ am. Were you there too?

wah... i was in MY over the weekend and came back yest. Lucky Sun i didn't drive out on NSH so it was not me...

i must admit i got go at 120 at times on Lane 1, but only when overtaking or when there were slow vehicles around that speed on Lane 1 ahead so can't go any faster anyway...

when they pull away, i will either follow, or guai guai go back left lane if see behind got cars approaching fast.

and yes, i also saw one SG hogger. Wanna overtake slow vehicle in front, but never pick up speed and time it properly, by the time slowly filter out to Lane 1 at 110-120, other vehicles already coming really near him already and had to brake...

really throw face...

• Praise 1

wah... i was in MY over the weekend and came back yest. Lucky Sun i didn't drive out on NSH so it was not me...

i must admit i got go at 120 at times on Lane 1, but only when overtaking or when there were slow vehicles around that speed on Lane 1 ahead so can't go any faster anyway...

when they pull away, i will either follow, or guai guai go back left lane if see behind got cars approaching fast.

and yes, i also saw one SG hogger. Wanna overtake slow vehicle in front, but never pick up speed and time it properly, by the time slowly filter out to Lane 1 at 110-120, other vehicles already coming really near him already and had to brake...

really throw face...

Some day, these roadhogger will face F & F pickup truck coming at 130km/h.

really throw face...

120 is fine if it's just for overtaking slower vehicles for a short while.

but those cars were cruising on lane 1 when lane 2 is empty. even when all of us cut in (including the MY vehicles between our convoy), the cars still don't want to change lane when all of us have passed.

really kanna sai.

• Praise 4

Some day, these roadhogger will face F & F pickup truck coming at 130km/h.

i remember reading that got those pick-ups really powerful. Well, i saw for myself... Got some Nissan Navarra (or close), and Mit triton (or close), and Toyota Hilux, wah the acceleration really fast, and they must have been going at around 150 km/h or more. Just zoomed past very fast... when i was at 110-120... [sweatdrop]

120 is fine if it's just for overtaking slower vehicles for a short while.

but those cars were cruising on lane 1 when lane 2 is empty. even when all of us cut in (including the MY vehicles between our convoy), the cars still don't want to change lane when all of us have passed.

really kanna sai.

Alamak... kept staying on Lane 1 when others were closing in, and even after being overtaken??

Wah, throw face v bad leh...

Turbocharged

even if he mistook for a left turn arrow (which is unlikely because a left turn arrow is drawn with a 90 degree left angle), he is too far ahead to turn left correctly. i think he just never check blind spot.

• Praise 1

Volvo driver really CBK .....

Still got the cheek to scoot away..

Really need to fine and punish him to the max..

Altis machiam impromptu circus act [crazy]

The other day , similar thing happened to me . One SUV sweep out so fast to the main road at Newton, gave me a shock . 

Made me steer abit away. Lucky no car beside me.  Later found out it was some crazy woman .  <_<

• Praise 5
  • Haha! 1

The other day , similar thing happened to me . One SUV sweep out so fast to the main road at Newton, gave me a shock .

Made me steer abit away. Lucky no car beside me. Later found out it was some crazy woman . <_<

Chio or not?
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4