Singapore Reckless Drivers part VII

RadX

Kana chiet by audi so buang song. 

Loser... 

after paying so much moolah for an Audi A3 and not being able to over take a lori is a affirmation of the lost of face.

of course bauy song...

↡ Advertisement

Hahaha, Audi you know!? :D

I suppose like in everything that has a long brand name establishment..

Lexus equal premium quality leather with ghost like quietness that allows you to glide over a cyclist without consequences.

Honda with its VTEC scream and punchy response will get you into pole position at the traffic lights

Audi , vorsprung durch technik with quattro with superior traction and performance

If all that is to believe, than the owner is in a sorry state of mind if he cannot out run a lori...tsk tsk tsk..

Audi again.....??

Wah, the cam driver needs some lozenges... and his video... I felt that I was underwater..

The A3 hatchback is the only car which is really made where it was designed..

The A3 sedan was made in Hungary

The Volvo in Belgium

The Merc in South Africa... 

And the Toyota in Thailand... 

• Praise 2

(edited)

Thanks for everyone's replies/comments on my driving style; fortunately (or rather unfortunately in this case) I like to drive as fast as the road and traffic conditions allow and of course I keep myself situationally aware before I make sudden movements.

I was in quite a hurry that evening and yes the PHV was hogging after the video so that definitely irked me. Maybe if he had kept up his pace I wouldn't have bothered posting this in the first place.

Anyway look at those autobahn videos; this situation would not likely have occurred as the drivers' mindset are already conditioned to speeding vehicles in the fast lane.

While I would openly admit that I've probably driven a few times like that (we probably all have at some point), I think your first mistake is comparing SG roads to the Autobahn.

Having driven extensively in Europe, SG roads/drivers are nothing like the Autobahn. There is a whole set of rules associated with driving on the Autobahn and many are recognised by German drivers as rules to literally save lives. SG drivers just don't have recognition of those rules because we don't have an autobahn and our upper most speed limit is one of the lowest in the world.

That's not defending poor judgement, it's just saying that road rules only work if everyone abides by them (including keeping to the speed limit). It's also interesting to note that in ANZ, accelerating too fast is considered reckless driving.

Generally though,I dont fully understand the desire to travel at 140km/hr+, especially in Msia. Having driven a few times at 250km/hr on the Autobahn and race tracks, I would say it's f**King scary and I could only sustain that speed for maybe 30 seconds. One twitch of the wheel or a cough and your off your lane into the barrier. You're covering a football field every second and one mistake from you or another driver and you and your family are perma-dead.

In this situation I'm perfectly fine to say your balls are bigger than mine.

Edited by GTO-1
  • Praise 4

Audi again.....??

Audi one kind

Car cam also one kind

sg drivers are allegic to horn sound

horn to give warning also will give u wtf look and wtf handsign

True i honk a hiace in lane 2 twice today at mce because first honk he hit the line during turn when i was in lane 1

Then few sec later hit line again during turn, knn must be using phone and driving. Still got the cheek to open window

Date stamp Oct 2016? Or never adjust. Cam quality like got underwater effect.

Safe ride

Cheers

suspension up lorry I reckon. haha

Turbocharged

The white arrows on the road clearly signify a simple road split. There's no error there.

It's the arrows on the blue colour upright (vertical) road sign I was referring to. Every other time I've seen that sign, it's for turning, not road divergence. Some other posters here have already agreed it is misleading and should've been situated later rather than before the Tg Pagar turn.

It doesn't relieve the Audi's burden of not being careful enough about what's around him and colliding into someone who was within his rights to go straight on.

But that doesn't mean we should tolerate gahmen incompetence either. Having spotted this, they should be called to account for it and fix it.

Between that blue road sign and the junction where cars can turn left, it's roughly 40 50m, with the side road taking up 10m already. Putting the sign further up makes no sense as there is no early advance warning. Your car easily travels the next 40m in 2 seconds.

From a personal point of view, I've never had a problem with that sign, even when it was the first time I drove there. I actually appreciate such signs in other locations because I have advance notice how many turning lanes there are up front.

Not pointing to you directly but this is a general observation of the many forum postings a lot of forumers make. In this forum, many of us make use of every opportunity to slam the government, whether right, wrong or not sure, most times not objectively, but just emotionally.

I believe we are mature enough to make positive objective stands.

(edited)

They could've put up a more comprehensive sign that includes the side roads, like this one along YCK Rd...

post-211521-0-01118900-1561477716.png

edit: actually on closer observation the side roads denoted on the left are AMK Ave 3, and does not distinguish the smaller S'goon North Ave 2 which is just before the filter onto AMK Ave 3.

Between that blue road sign and the junction where cars can turn left, it's roughly 40 50m, with the side road taking up 10m already. Putting the sign further up makes no sense as there is no early advance warning. Your car easily travels the next 40m in 2 seconds.

Edited by boonhat_91

Turbocharged

Competitive daily driving.

If I did not see wrongly, the lane that the Audi was at is for going straight only, while the left most lane where the red Honda was at, can either go straight or turn left.

Quite obviously that white Audi is at fault.

• Praise 7

Twincharged
(edited)

post-14834-0-96680000-1561493583_thumb.jpg

To this driver, please its for everyone safety, you say until that people have no right to correct driver off if it is due to safety issue? And also don't forget there are many drivers out there armed with camera, they could submit video to authorities anytime or share it online. I won't do that, but if met another driver, he might do that.

So you still dare to say no right to correct? By right you should reflect on your driving style instead of being so defensive. If you have video cam installed, look at how you change lane and also look at how you u turn at clementi Road. This is recipe for accident if really sway.

It is precisely because if you this type of driver thought every road must be fast fast, want fast can but drive in safer manner. Later accident = causes more jam. Accident causes more jam or stuck in heavy traffic with speed around or slightly less then speed limit on expressway? I guyss you get the answer. Not everything is like I want chiong 100, 110km per hour no matter what time, even if 5pm want chiong that speed, but hey infront got so many cars, 1st lane stuck at 90km/h, 2nd lane also got car, 3rd lane also got car. But then it's heavy traffic not say infront is clear. Another thing to take note that sometimes drivers not say don't want to change lane to give way to faster vehicle behind, it's because driver also want to make a right turn or u turn ahead plus you not emergency vehicle. Syeah have to leave with it.

The main thing is you say until like that, I hope you could also do the same to emergency vehicles and give way to them even in heavy traffic and also when ambulance want to turn right at traffic junction with siren on and you happened to come from opposite direction. So please stop and let ambulance cross hor and not just hack care ambulance and continue drive and then ambulance wasted precious seconds because of such driver.

Edited by Yewheng

Turbocharged

Wah, the cam driver needs some lozenges... and his video... I felt that I was underwater..

The A3 hatchback is the only car which is really made where it was designed..

The A3 sedan was made in Hungary

The Volvo in Belgium

The Merc in South Africa... 

And the Toyota in Thailand... 

Before I watched the video, when you mentioned underwater, i thought the audio sounds muffled or what.. Then when i saw it, i know what you mean.. first time seeing such creative video.. [laugh]  [laugh]

Turbocharged

Some drivers drive the way that they themselves don't know they drive dangerously.

Like just now got this lexus drive abit dangerously. I was from bukit timah Road turn left to clementi Road. Then I signal right and slowly switch from 4th lane to 3rd lane to 2nd lane then this lexus from behind seems impatient and coming fast from lane 2 and then I switch to lane 1 and he together switch with me behind. As I am making a u turn ahead to suss, so i maintain speed around 70km/h and signal right. Then this lexus buay tahan my speed and then overtake me fast and then jump in front of me and also making the same u turn as me. Now its green light from the opposite side and cars start moving off. Instead of stop for all these cars to pass by, he just u turn with oncoming cars accelerating to him on opposite side.

When I enter suss and drop off pax, this lexus driver also was there seems like waiting for someone. I wind down window and tap light horn and then tell him to wind down window. Then I give him a good lecture saying the way he drive quite dangerous one day will cause accident one. I don't know whether he get it or not. Hopefully he get it, if not if he continue drive the way he did, I don't know, if he is not in luck = accident. So well..

Now I know why you got so much hate.. next time just MYOB, most ppl don't like to be told what to do..

Turbocharged

When 2 idiots meet. This is a classic example of the driving standard in SG.

1) Audi: the arrows that show lane split into left and right are different from the arrows that show turning. If he can't differentiate this he shouldn't be driving. Also audi is oblivious to his surroundings, happy happy turn left.

2) Honda: no attempt to brake or avoid accident. Driver must be blind. The brake lights only came on a few seconds after the impact. This kind should have license suspended for life.

Can't believe you blamed the honda driver.. just merely minding his own business and driving straight.. Don't tell me everytime you go straight in a junction, you will look to your right and see any clown trying to pull a left turn on you?

• Praise 6

Can't believe you blamed the honda driver.. just merely minding his own business and driving straight.. Don't tell me everytime you go straight in a junction, you will look to your right and see any clown trying to pull a left turn on you?

School holiday

So awkward for the lexus driver when the car he thought he chiet-ed end up at the same place, and still come lecture him!

Actually I'm surprised the lexus driver was receptive enough to wind down his window and listen to the lecture. Most ppl would just pretend invisible, or worse, wind down window and 'f*** ur mother' like the other video  [laugh]

But the funniest thing to me is that @yewheng tell him he will not post video online. Did the lexus driver suddenly humji when kena lecture and say "please don't shame me!"

Now I know why you got so much hate.. next time just MYOB, most ppl don't like to be told what to do..

• Praise 4

Twincharged
(edited)

So awkward for the lexus driver when the car he thought he chiet-ed end up at the same place, and still come lecture him!

Actually I'm surprised the lexus driver was receptive enough to wind down his window and listen to the lecture. Most ppl would just pretend invisible, or worse, wind down window and 'f*** ur mother' like the other video [laugh]

But the funniest thing to me is that @yewheng tell him he will not post video online. Did the lexus driver suddenly humji when kena lecture and say "please don't shame me!"

Actually my main post is to share for awareness, and I know I am not perfect too. I did not shame the person as I did not even post car plate no, did not post video. Who else will know only him lor. Actually I am more then happy if he want to meet me one to one to discuss or give me a call to discuss what could have done better I am more then willing to take his call and talk to him. Of coz if it is my mistake or somehow things end up actually I am too cauious then of coz I will take it to strike too.

Ya, like people said, like this I bound to make enemies. But then well, sometimes a person willing to take criticism is actually able to progress further as compared to those who don't. Look at ceo and those at top position and billionaire, many are humble and willing to take criticism and to improve also. No one is perfect.

Edited by Yewheng
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1