Singapore Reckless Drivers part VII

RadX

The paper tag is actually easier to fake.

Deterrencence and enforcement is more key but that is a different discussion all together

Not easy to deter and enforce unless lta is willing to stop nd check every private passenger vans and its class of vehicle. The only way is to place a few officers at the checkpoints and select those suspicious vehicle coming in and out.......this is better than stopping and checking these vehicles randomly at the roadside. Thinking about this issue......wow......terrorist can use this ploy to create havoc or whatever sia! Authority needs to clam on them pronto.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Not easy to deter and enforce unless lta is willing to stop nd check every private passenger vans and its class of vehicle. The only way is to place a few officers at the checkpoints and select those suspicious vehicle coming in and out.......this is better than stopping and checking these vehicles randomly at the roadside. Thinking about this issue......wow......terrorist can use this ploy to create havoc or whatever sia! Authority needs to clam on them pronto.

LTA may know something that we dont and I choose to believe their scholars are smart enough to have some basic measures to capture a feel or the existance of the problem.

Every car has a unique IU, they should be able to tell which car has a duplicate or invalid IU when passing through a gantry, unless those people can be very smart to avoid gantry day in day out. So may be the problem is not that prevalent that they are leaving it alone.

Edited by Ct3833

(edited)

LTA may know something that we dont and I choose to believe their scholars are smart enough to have some basic measures to capture a feel or the existance of the problem.

Every car has a unique IU, they should be able to tell which car has a duplicate or invalid IU when passing through a gantry, unless those people can be very smart to avoid gantry day in day out. So may be the problem is not that pervasive that they are leaving it alone.

these guys may know how to avoid them.......airport and many other pickup and drop-off to and from checkpoints doesnt even go through these gantries. Heck....even i know how to avoid these places where my vehicle can be identified. If their connection is wide they can even get a used iu unit just for show!

Maybe not prevalent...but one case is already 1 too many and thinking off the consequences as a driver and road user makes me worried.

Edited by Evillusion
  • Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)

Side track a bit -- $9813.98 medical fee now and est. $8400 for next 10yrs

$18000+ for 4 teeth???? [knife]

Dental implants not cheap hor ... This price tag is most probably the bogeh not going for the implants...coz not enough Edited by Ysc3
  • Praise 1

(edited)

Every car has a unique IU, they should be able to tell which car has a duplicate or invalid IU when passing through a gantry, unless those people can be very smart to avoid gantry day in day out. So may be the problem is not that prevalent that they are leaving it alone.

Wait for new gen erp with ai image recognition cameras. Edited by Mockngbrd
  • Praise 1

Wait for new gen erp with ai image recognition cameras.

LTA scholar spotted. Haha .

Dental implants not cheap hor ... This price tag is most probably the bogeh not going for the implants...coz not enough

the life long impact as well. The driver is too much really.

cheap already

a good implant service for 4 teeth ... definitely no $20k-$30k no talk

We are talking about major overall work for 4 teeth which are on front (i had paid 3-4k on mollar which is at back and don't require high end finishing, mind you it was single mollar and i had even higher quote for bridge "which i refused as i don't want to waste money"). Now if someone come and bash my front teethes, why i have to bear consequences/pain but will go all the way to get it fixed "imagine the pain the person have to go if it is going to have screw installed". I know his teeth are not perfect but no one asked audi driver to start bashing people face till he kena lose 4 of teeth, now remorseful also no use.

• Praise 3

Dental implants not cheap hor ... This price tag is most probably the bogeh not going for the implants...coz not enough

Oh I see, didn't visit dental often to get idea of dental fee now.....

cheap already

a good implant service for 4 teeth ... definitely no $20k-$30k no talk

I think in SG...smelly smelly profit 100-200%

LTA scholar spotted. Haha .

I am in AI development and i am sure all the camera on street can already do the recognition part, with new gadget more eyes on the road.

We are talking about major overall work for 4 teeth which are on front (i had paid 3-4k on mollar which is at back and don't require high end finishing, mind you it was single mollar and i had even higher quote for bridge "which i refused as i don't want to waste money"). Now if someone come and bash my front teethes, why i have to bear consequences/pain but will go all the way to get it fixed "imagine the pain the person have to go if it is going to have screw installed". I know his teeth are not perfect but no one asked audi driver to start bashing people face till he kena lose 4 of teeth, now remorseful also no use.

Hmm.......dental fee quite scary nowadays...

Twincharged

Hmm.......dental fee quite scary nowadays...

I am more scared of the dentist at work, then of the fees.

I think in SG...smelly smelly profit 100-200%

Sometime back i was thinking to get 70inch samsung TV and while comparing i find better model in US with GST/shipping/insurance it cost half of the price with similar or lower grade samsung TV here. Don't even have to go very far, i was in Malaysia recently and while travelling in KL we need to buy pamper for our kid (as not enough supply when we were there) and it was 30-40% cheaper than what we pay in Singapore (same brand, same size, same company). Now i know why people buy stuff from Malaysia for weekly groceries.

Supercharged

Sometime back i was thinking to get 70inch samsung TV and while comparing i find better model in US with GST/shipping/insurance it cost half of the price with similar or lower grade samsung TV here. Don't even have to go very far, i was in Malaysia recently and while travelling in KL we need to buy pamper for our kid (as not enough supply when we were there) and it was 30-40% cheaper than what we pay in Singapore (same brand, same size, same company). Now i know why people buy stuff from Malaysia for weekly groceries.

I've mentioned it on here often, in Singapore we are taken to the cleaners pricewise on every product.

The only thing I've seen much cheaper here than in Europe or Australia is the la la in the wet markets.

I am in AI development and i am sure all the camera on street can already do the recognition part, with new gadget more eyes on the road.

You are assuming the resolution of the cameras on the street are of high enough quality to do accurate capturing of facial features. And that the image captured is transmitted to the IA software in similar high quality.

You are assuming the resolution of the cameras on the street are of high enough quality to do accurate capturing of facial features. And that the image captured is transmitted to the IA software in similar high quality.

You will be surprised what a technology can do, i am not talking about CSI: Miami shyt where they can enhance image like impossible clear.

these guys may know how to avoid them.......airport and many other pickup and drop-off to and from checkpoints doesnt even go through these gantries. Heck....even i know how to avoid these places where my vehicle can be identified. If their connection is wide they can even get a used iu unit just for show!

Maybe not prevalent...but one case is already 1 too many and thinking off the consequences as a driver and road user makes me worried.

At CIQ, there can always be a machine reading camera to pickup the VRN.

Based on VRN, it will match against IU.

If don't match, siao liao lo.

↡ Advertisement