Singapore Reckless Drivers part VII

RadX

I am curious about him too. What happened to him? Should he not be charged?

I cannot think of a non-expressway where one is legally able to go at 90 km/h, let alone near/at a cross junction.

Not sure why all of us are surprised people speeding? I have seen people driving way above road limit almost every day, yesterday was standing in front line when light turned green and i was doing 60 when this Maserati driver decided he wanted to over take and can see him like driving F1 zoom pass (keeping in mind there were few schools/child care in vicinity and i was going to turn right further down the road so really can't keep left, i see people don't pay any attention to red stripe on the road).

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

Turbocharged

Both wrong? Just 1 more wrong than the other..

this ER driver normally ok just like to drive fast.. he not those super aggressive type.. (used to stay my place that's why i know)

Something might happen before this video?

• Praise 2

Driver is really a kind of c**t, i really hope the cam car drive submit this video to TP and ask them to keep him in loop for outcome. These kind of b**tards just keep going scot-free after playing such stunt on the road, their license should be suspended indefinitely.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

1 road hogger then triggered other starting the braking game. Both are in the wrong.  

• Praise 4

1 road hogger then triggered other starting the braking game. Both are in the wrong.  

I help you put it more aptly bro - 1 road hogger self entitled , self righteous and annoying road hogger then triggered other starting the braking game. Both are in the wrong. 

The day road hoggers get the same punishment as the "speedsters", Singapore roads would become a better place to drive...

• Praise 9

If just road hogging, don't think it will trigger the braking game.

Probably there are more things happening, like cam car trying to prevent overtaking by speeding up whenever the ER try to overtake from left earlier on.

• Praise 3

Not sure why all of us are surprised people speeding? I have seen people driving way above road limit almost every day, yesterday was standing in front line when light turned green and i was doing 60 when this Maserati driver decided he wanted to over take and can see him like driving F1 zoom pass (keeping in mind there were few schools/child care in vicinity and i was going to turn right further down the road so really can't keep left, i see people don't pay any attention to red stripe on the road).

Not really surprised that drivers are speeding, but most unmarked roads should be 50 km/h, right? And aren't we supposed to slow down at pedestrian crossings, and the car was going at 90 km/h - that's the surprising part.

They dare to do it, should be prepared to accept any outcome when they get caught.

To drive so recklessly in high-risk areas (pedestrian crossings, school zone like what you said, etc.) is unacceptable.

I help you put it more aptly bro - 1 road hogger self entitled , self righteous and annoying road hogger then triggered other starting the braking game. Both are in the wrong. 

The day road hoggers get the same punishment as the "speedsters", Singapore roads would become a better place to drive...

I do not like road hogs.

But I do not agree with your view on this. Speedsters can kill (innocent lives), and they have, many times.

I don't think road hogs - while super annoying - have ever killed anyone before?

punishments must be commensurate with the crime.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

I am curious about him too. What happened to him? Should he not be charged?

I cannot think of a non-expressway where one is legally able to go at 90 km/h, let alone near/at a cross junction.

ST report says he'd be dealt with separately. Many drivers exit the PIE at the Clementi Ave 6 exit and continue to drive at expressway speed. Guess he's one of them.

• Praise 3

Turbocharged

Not really surprised that drivers are speeding, but most unmarked roads should be 50 km/h, right? And aren't we supposed to slow down at pedestrian crossings, and the car was going at 90 km/h - that's the surprising part.

They dare to do it, should be prepared to accept any outcome when they get caught.

To drive so recklessly in high-risk areas (pedestrian crossings, school zone like what you said, etc.) is unacceptable.

It was 70km/h zone, but driver doing 90+.. maybe license suspended + fine..

I do not like road hogs.

But I do not agree with your view on this. Speedsters can kill (innocent lives), and they have, many times.

I don't think road hogs - while super annoying - have ever killed anyone before?

punishments must be commensurate with the crime.

Road hogging is a traffic offence, just that it needs more active enforcement. There is no doubt that the punishment/penalty must commensurate with the fine, but at this time the enforcement is practically NIL for road hogging on Singapore roads.

Road hogging could also cause a lot of unwanted reactions and triggers - not that I support those aggressive stunts but the one who instigated those reactions should also be dealt with sufficiently and that is what I mean by road hogs should be punished as much as the speedsters

Safe drive and Cheers

• Praise 2

Road hogging is a traffic offence, just that it needs more active enforcement. There is no doubt that the punishment/penalty must commensurate with the fine, but at this time the enforcement is practically NIL for road hogging on Singapore roads.

Road hogging could also cause a lot of unwanted reactions and triggers - not that I support those aggressive stunts but the one who instigated those reactions should also be dealt with sufficiently and that is what I mean by road hogs should be punished as much as the speedsters

Safe drive and Cheers

OK, this one i agree completely. Hoggers should be punished, but i don't see them being on par with speedsters, as a general rule.

TP all behind computers reviewing those beh chia lor, sgrd, etc. websites, so got no time to patrol the roads lah. Just look at the heavy commercial vehicles on the middle/outer lane, you know TP doesn't bother.

• Praise 1

Supercharged

It is difficult to judge the speed of an incoming car at night if it has strong headlights.  So the taxi driver could have misjudged at the junction especially after a tiring day of driving.

'tiring day of driving' is irrelevant.

He should not be driving if he is tired.

• Praise 1

I am with you, i don't mind reaching at my destination 5 min late than causing accident and being behind bars and carry trauma for life after destroying someone family. I am thinking to start making 1 month documentary, sticking to second lane at speed limit and see how many people speeding. I am sure authorities are well aware about the places where people speed, cut corners but they also cannot be at every place (unless similar accidents are on the rise).

I have raised this point here number of times of people going straight from turning right lane (can easily cause accident) from MCE->Marine Boulevard after ERP gantry, i am sure if LTA/SPF put a traffic cam there they can easily get 100s of cars with summon in span of minutes, i take around 15 min to cross that 500 meter stretch and can see entire right lane keep forming and going straight (and most of them are seasonal now, as they don't even blink as they are going in wrong lane with putting everyone life/property in danger).

Turbocharged

I am with you, i don't mind reaching at my destination 5 min late than causing accident and being behind bars and carry trauma for life after destroying someone family. I am thinking to start making 1 month documentary, sticking to second lane at speed limit and see how many people speeding. I am sure authorities are well aware about the places where people speed, cut corners but they also cannot be at every place (unless similar accidents are on the rise).

I have raised this point here number of times of people going straight from turning right lane (can easily cause accident) from MCE->Marine Boulevard after ERP gantry, i am sure if LTA/SPF put a traffic cam there they can easily get 100s of cars with summon in span of minutes, i take around 15 min to cross that 500 meter stretch and can see entire right lane keep forming and going straight (and most of them are seasonal now, as they don't even blink as they are going in wrong lane with putting everyone life/property in danger).

If you're damn free, suggest you set up a tripod with camera at that junction and pretend to take photos of offenders..

• Praise 1

Scum of the road transcab driver enjoying taste of his own medicine. This is how transcab taxis usually drive on the road lol
  • Praise 2

this ER driver normally ok just like to drive fast.. he not those super aggressive type.. (used to stay my place that's why i know)

Something might happen before this video?

hahahahaha not bmw

↡ Advertisement