Singapore Reckless Drivers part VII

RadX

yeah, PIE between Stevens and Kallang usually problematic. Even worse on wet days. road has been around 40 years and people still dunno how to use it properly.  [speechless]

for a less stressful drive, I sometimes go Lornie - Bartley to get to the east.

good thing they are consistent and predictable. once enter highway must die die cheong to Lane 1.

frees up Lane 4.  [:p]

PIE especially after BKE (toward Changi) till Lornie Road Exit ..... :dizzy:  

5 lanes, heavy vehicles, pickups and van takes up 4 lanes ... :sick:

↡ Advertisement

PIE especially after BKE (toward Changi) till Lornie Road Exit ..... :dizzy:  

5 lanes, heavy vehicles, pickups and van takes up 4 lanes ... :sick:

the lorries from BKE all cheong to lane 2 when they join PIE.

widest part of PIE and yet very slow traffic.

the irony.

i keep to the left for this stretch.

again and again shown that TP/LTA/ROV or what the heck enforcements, all taking cover and emboldening all the big big heavy vehicles to drive dangerously on the middle/outer lanes...

the lorries from BKE all cheong to lane 2 when they join PIE.

widest part of PIE and yet very slow traffic.

the irony.

i keep to the left for this stretch.

Lane 4 and 5 along this stretch are the easiest to drive and the fastest lanes.

Should start a thread on hit and run incidents, than those affected can find easily, hopefully can help them make some claim or report police. 

• Praise 1

Supercharged

Road hogging is a traffic offence, just that it needs more active enforcement. There is no doubt that the punishment/penalty must commensurate with the fine, but at this time the enforcement is practically NIL for road hogging on Singapore roads.

Road hogging could also cause a lot of unwanted reactions and triggers - not that I support those aggressive stunts but the one who instigated those reactions should also be dealt with sufficiently and that is what I mean by road hogs should be punished as much as the speedsters

Safe drive and Cheers

The authority can't even clearly define what is road hogging as they state that driving at the speed limit is not hogging, how you want them to enforce. 

Supercharged

Scum of the road transcab driver enjoying taste of his own medicine. This is how transcab taxis usually drive on the road lol

Exactly, recently encountered such a scum cut into my lane without signalling and claims that i speed up to cut him off. When i spoke to him, he says he is going to retire not scare and threaten to "玩死我". 

Exactly, recently encountered such a scum cut into my lane without signalling and claims that i speed up to cut him off. When i spoke to him, he says he is going to retire not scare and threaten to "ç©æ­»æ".

No need to deal with such people, wasting time.

The authority can't even clearly define what is road hogging as they state that driving at the speed limit is not hogging, how you want them to enforce.

Some people who drive at speed limit(eg, 80 on a 80km/h) think that they should not give way to faster moving vehicles. I suspect, firstly, they didnt know that when their speedo is showing 80, they are actually travelling slower than 80. Secondky,they feel that whoever overtaking them are speeding since they are already travelling at the speed limit. They are helping to enforce speed limit.
  • Praise 2

Supercharged

No need to deal with such people, wasting time.

Waste breath maybe but not time, as just nice stop at traffic light beside him and he gesture to me. So i speak to him, drive off when light turns green. These scum still wants to play punk when video cam is all around.

• Praise 1

This Trans Cab driver (cam car) is also one of a kind, road hogging on right lane, and started speeding up when traffic light turn Amber and probably noted that the NX is trying to overtake him.

I don’t feel that the cam car is road hogging or did anything wrong.. it’s a neighbourhood 2 lane road. The NX is a complete jerk by doing that ticketing high beam and the multi times of ebraking is an ass action. The cabbie should Wack into him and report police for NX dangerous and I consider driving causing accident.

IMO NX must be quite experience in doing brake checks

• Praise 1

My scenario is simple, during non peak hours, I will go on lane 1 at speed limit or 10km/h higher, this timing is usually no car or far and few ahead of me and i am constantly overtaking lane 2. If there is a car approaching from behind, I will find a space to go into lane 2 and give way to the faster vehicle before filtering back to lane 1.

During peak hour, lane 1 is not even going at speed limit, I will join the flow on lane 1, everyone will go at the same speed. I will not give way to the car behind with a few exceptions:

1. Ambulance or emergency vehicles.

2. People who flash at me, I will try to give way, I assume he is urgent for some reasons but this scenario hardly happen.

3. People who tail gate me very closely, I wont want to deal with such impatience people, and I dont want him to screw me up when he misses his brake, so I will find a space to give way too.

My scenario is different from yours..

As im driving a small and Low power car, I’m quite scared of fast cars coming down on lane or perpetual road joggers on lane one.

I for one would prefer middle lane most of the time regardless peak or non peak, as I don’t have fast moving car coming down lane one behind my slow car flickering High beam (so since I don’t to be high beamed at I should avoid to be at a position where will be high beamed at when deciding to just driving at speed limit or 10kmh above limit)

And also because lane 1 is proven to be more accident prone most of the time especially chain collision..

So I just speed up to lane 1 or lane 3 if needed to overtake.. more choice. If drive on lane 1... must drive back to lane 2 to overtake or keep high beam the front hogger and become angry.

So I’m always at peace while driving most of the time...

• Praise 6

motor comprain motor.  :XD:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxr359_sotE

Looking at how close the cars are on each side, the margin of error for these lane splitters is minimal at best. And they go fast... it only takes a car changing lane too quickly, another bike, and the rider is road pizza..

Slight OT..

Justice is served... yeah

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/managing-director-of-law-firm-fined-for-scratching-man-s-car-11736890

Twincharged

Looking at how close the cars are on each side, the margin of error for these lane splitters is minimal at best. And they go fast... it only takes a car changing lane too quickly, another bike, and the rider is road pizza..

Slight OT..

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/singapore/managing-director-of-law-firm-fined-for-scratching-man-s-car-11736890

The justice met out means tonight open less one bottle at ktv only...

There's too much road hogging these days seriously.

Every day I drive AYE, CTE, PIE - the centre-most lanes (and in some instances even Lane 1 at times) are full of road hogging goods vans, trucks carrying workers, lorries with trailers and private buses. And I haven't even got to cars 'cruising' on Lane 1 at the speed limit because they feel they're 'not doing anything wrong as long as they're keeping to the speed limit'.

I honestly think if TP were to just patrol around and pull people over for road-hogging, they'd probably get more revenue than they do for hauling people who are speeding.

Trucks carrying workers? Just now one at AYE towards Tuas, fully loaded with I think 20 workers, flying at 90-100 km/h . My God!

Slight OT..

What a donkey.

退休准尉长骑哈雷高速飙车 交警追逐六分钟逮人

退休准尉长骑哈雷电单车在淡滨尼快速公路奔驰,不服从交警指令停车接受截查,与交警展开至少六分钟、超过17公里的追逐战!

为了躲避交警追捕,退休准尉长甚至以每小时160公里到170公里的速度飙车和随意切换车道,最后才被交警的黑色“隐形交警电单车”追到。

这一幕有如电影情节的追逐战发生于去年9月5日,被告陈春成(译音)日前承认危险驾驶和不服从警察指令停车等两项控状,法官判监五天和吊销各级驾照36个月。

https://www.zaobao.com.sg/znews/singapore/story20190718-973593

maybe the chap just watched Top Gun Maverick trailer ... 

post-15968-0-53153000-1563587971_thumb.jpg

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2