Singapore Reckless Drivers part VII

RadX

Hi all,

Can any kind buddies advise what is the speed limit of this road?

It seems like a sideroad parallel to AYE. I got banged by a bus (right rear passenger seat door) while turning out from clementi ave 6 into aye. Not sure if he is within speed limits as the bus seemed to appear suddenly and from google street map, he should have seen a long stretch of cars waiting to turn in from far and should probably have slowed down. This road should be 50Km/hr cos its not AYE yet, correct?

:TT_TT: Thanks in advance...

crashroad.png

https://goo.gl/maps/GmeiMMJociaa3mdv6

Huh?

Even the bus going at 200km/hr, you also at fault leh.

Bus so big you still cannot see? Lucky it is not a motorcycle.

Merging or filter lanes, you HAVE to give way and check clear before turning out.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 16

Hi all,

It seems like a sideroad parallel to AYE. I got banged by a bus (right rear passenger seat door) while turning out from clementi ave 6 into aye. Not sure if he is within speed limits as the bus seemed to appear suddenly and from google street map, he should have seen a long stretch of cars waiting to turn in from far and should probably have slowed down. This road should be 50Km/hr cos its not AYE yet, correct?

:TT_TT:  Thanks in advance...

attachicon.gifcrashroad.png

1. If what you said is true, the bus seems to appear suddenly, you need to go for Eye check up. 

2. The Bus ok or not? Hope not too much damage to the Bus. 

3. Btw, the Bus has the right of way and you didn't check before turning out. 

If you still feel you are not at fault, and the bus is speeding, pls proceed to report to insurance and also police report. 

• Praise 7

Hi all,

:TT_TT:  Thanks in advance...

attachicon.gifcrashroad.png

Please do everyone a favour and stop driving!  :XD:

• Praise 9

Hypersonic

Hi all,

crashroad.png

You keep saying the bus should have this should have that.

End of the day, you SHOULD have stopped! You are suppose to give way.

What speed the bus is travelling doesn’t matter.

• Praise 11

wa the car damn soft man, i dun c any vibration on the car when kena hit, only when van left only i c a big dent, wat car is this, must siam far far, very inferior material used

your car bumper made of metal ah ? 

Turbocharged

You keep saying the bus should have this should have that.

End of the day, you SHOULD have stopped! You are suppose to give way.

What speed the bus is travelling doesn’t matter.

Agreed.

in any case for me when i see bus whether they right or wrong i always give way.. 

Never ever suddenly cut in front of bus.

remember the passenger onboard are not provided with seat belts.. even a sudden braking by the bus some may get injure especially older folks

• Praise 11

Agreed.

in any case for me when i see bus whether they right or wrong i always give way.. 

Never ever suddenly cut in front of bus.

remember the passenger onboard are not provided with seat belts.. even a sudden braking by the bus some may get injure especially older folks

I not so noble, I just know if my car kiss a bus or vice versa, there is only ONE loser  [laugh]

• Praise 5

Hypersonic

I not so noble, I just know if my car kiss a bus or vice versa, there is only ONE loser [laugh]

Ya lor, bus or King Kong lorry siam far far.

好汉不吃眼前亏。

yeah, Lane 1 is now noob, PHV, teksi and sometime lorry lane.

lane 4 very smooth. [:p]

on one part of PIE, Lane 6 is bestest. [thumbsup]

Before Eng Neo

My scenario is different from yours..

As im driving a small and Low power car, Iâm quite scared of fast cars coming down on lane or perpetual road joggers on lane one.

I for one would prefer middle lane most of the time regardless peak or non peak, as I donât have fast moving car coming down lane one behind my slow car flickering High beam (so since I donât to be high beamed at I should avoid to be at a position where will be high beamed at when deciding to just driving at speed limit or 10kmh above limit)

And also because lane 1 is proven to be more accident prone most of the time especially chain collision..

So I just speed up to lane 1 or lane 3 if needed to overtake.. more choice. If drive on lane 1... must drive back to lane 2 to overtake or keep high beam the front hogger and become angry.

So Iâm always at peace while driving most of the time...

Most drivers with awareness will have same driving style.

Different lane different mental mode.

If driving in cruising mode at lane 2.

I will also keep sufficient gap

1) for braking distance

2) for cars filtering out from lane 1 to undertake hoggers or to lane 3

If driving at lane One I will be at high alert mode. Rarely have cars that will need to close up behind me.

Hoggers I've encountered in lane One 50% are Taxi drivers, other 50% are private cars and PHV.

However during heavy traffic situation

When on lane one I will keep sufficient gap to maintain a regular speed that doesn't need to apply brake regularly.

There are some drivers that kept too close gap at 25kmph, thinking that if they allow others to filter in will slow them down substantially.

Then every 5 sec sure can see tap brake. These type of drivers made everyone else start to brake and go brake and go while the whole convoy was trying to maintain regular speed which are still faster than lane two.

• Praise 2

Cyclist fault.

Overtake from the left? Bear the consequences.

Cyclist fault.

Because black car stopped there meant there was traffic.

Cyclist on road must follow traffic rules as well. So cyclist didn't follow rule is his own fault.

• Praise 1

Before Eng Neo

yeah, actually after eng neo still ok, I will normally leave PIE before Lornie. PIE Stevens usually problematic. 

Hi all,

crashroad.png

Bro, consider yourself lucky that u are alright. If it were a truck or a prime mover, u may not be that lucky.

Always remember to give way to the right, be it side road or main road.

Hope u aren't one of those ignorant & unsafe drivers who expects others to slow down or give way to u when joining the expressways.

Driving a car is easy; the difficult part is To Be Safe for yourself & others. It's not always about who is right or wrong. IMO.

• Praise 8

sigh... guys, if you dun haf kids to fetch, old men to take care, morning need to fetch this n tat, kids not behavin after wake up, time running out, child care centre closing all this stressful experience, u guys wont feel the frustration...its not u wan to do this by this time, u will always be able to do so, boss meetin early in the morning or right b4 off work this kind and wat not unexpected stuff...u guys r lucky ppl

From your comments, i gathered you have a family to return home to and a job that feeds you and your family, and provides you with a car...

u r lucky ppl

Hypersonic

Bro, consider yourself lucky that u are alright. If it were a truck or a prime mover, u may not be that lucky.

Always remember to give way to the right, be it side road or main road.

Hope u aren't one of those ignorant & unsafe drivers who expects others to slow down or give way to u when joining the expressways.

Driving a car is easy; the difficult part is To Be Safe for yourself & others. It's not always about who is right or wrong. IMO.

Seen many people blame everyone except themselves for their mistake.

Be a man and admit you made a mistake. It is all right.

Supercharged

Merging or filter lanes, you HAVE to give way and check clear before turning out.

Some think turning on turn signal for 2-3 seconds give them the right to join the traffic. Worst are beemers without optional signal stalk :)