Singapore Reckless Drivers part VII

RadX

Actually I'm siding the cyclist more in this case just based on the video, lorry tried to knock him over, he already deescalated the situation by trying to walk away from it, but the driver did not stop there.. instead got down with something in his hand and charging towards the cyclist..

What would you do in that situation?

I will run away. Seriously.
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 4

When the lorry driver comes down from his veh, seems like he was holding something in his hand which he switched from left to the right hand. I think the cyclist can say the punch was a self defense move.

Need a before footage of what exactly happened.

Headache for the boss of the lorry driver. Advertisement printed big big at the side. 

I think his delivery Service Level Agreement affected for that day

I will run away. Seriously.

Thinking back, during the Little india riot, thats what the police did as well.

Kudos for having the patience to calm down from a life-threatening situation. 

Army taught us to strike first under imminent threat leh. No one wishes to be the one sitting on the ground llst or count the stars revolving around the head.

Army doctrine is for war where anything goes.

A personal brawl is different.

Not throwing the first punch doesn't mean you allow yourself to be punched first.

Ideal case is to de-escalate (running away, raising your hands up and telling him to cool down, relax etc)

If running away is not an option, try to dodge that first punch and then do whatever it takes to disable the attacker (as in prevent him from attacking further) and once he's not a threat anymore or on the ground already, you gotta stop.

That's why I find self defence training essential as it mentally prepares us to deal with situations when it happens.

But theory is theory, when actual situation occur I may react differently due to adrenaline rush. So.. I don't fault the cyclist for doing what he did.

• Praise 3

The white Audi swerved to the left to avoid a rear collision with the black BMW.

The motorcycle should not be travelling in between lanes - this act is a ticking time bomb.

The Audi swerved to the left suddenly because he was tailgating, not paying attention. When he realised he was screwed, he chose to avoid a collision at someone else expense. But let TP to go tell the Audi that what he did was correct.and also see if TP would summon the biker for lane splitting. Edited by Ct3833

actually, regardless, if u engage, means u will be prosecuted right? just that maybe punishment not as severe if u are trying to self defense.

Yup.

If your opponent throws the first punch, you are legally allowed to defend yourself.

BUT! You cannot be confirmed to get off scot free if Kena arrested

Well in this case, the driver was charging like a mad bulldog with something in his hand... if that's not engaging, I don't know what is..

Just like driving fast doesn't equate to reckless driving,

Someone charging at you doesn't constitute engagement. He could be just trying to intimidate you, do a fake to scare you.. etc. Until he makes the first attack move, then it's considered engagement.

We should all read this: https://www.singsaver.com.sg/blog/can-afford-throw-punch-singapore

Army doctrine is for war where anything goes.

A personal brawl is different.

Not throwing the first punch doesn't mean you allow yourself to be punched first.

Ideal case is to de-escalate (running away, raising your hands up and telling him to cool down, relax etc)

If running away is not an option, try to dodge that first punch and then do whatever it takes to disable the attacker (as in prevent him from attacking further) and once he's not a threat anymore or on the ground already, you gotta stop.

That's why I find self defence training essential as it mentally prepares us to deal with situations when it happens.

But theory is theory, when actual situation occur I may react differently due to adrenaline rush. So.. I don't fault the cyclist for doing what he did.

Agreed.... same with your signature...

@fcw75

your territory [;)]

Hahaha...yah! I was crossing the bridge at that time......not!

Actually have to see what happened before this incident.

The driver is just trying to intimidate the cyclist but ultimately the cyclist threw the first punch.

Don’t even know if the police caught the cyclist or not.

But give the driver a break la, go back office sure kenna laughed at by his colleagues.

• Praise 1

From HWZ:

[I was there since the start of incident and happened to saw it. It was damn ridiculous and unfair that everyone are siding the cyclist because he punched the driver and public wanna see show. In fact cyclist was at fault. He was the one started banging loudly at the lorry non stop because driver doesn’t allow him to go by his lane (I mean come on he should be cycling along the pavement as its obviously there was empty space there than on the road) the driver stop by at the side of the road and wanna clear the issue. Straight kena punch by the ang mo after he get off his lorry. A few cars actually was nice enough to stop by to help, and even the terrace house neighbours are concerned enough to get out and help. But the humji cyclist just ride off and quite a number residents whom are nearby starting shouting at him, point middle finger at him, because while he cycled off, he point until sibei ehsai and use handsign to say that the driver banged him but in reality it’s not. Some even angry until chase after him, he just chao all the way. Don’t let the video fool you guys please.

• Praise 5

Not trying to side with cyclist but if someone runs toward me like that lorry driver with something in hand, I will punch him first too. Let him strike first is dumb lor.

I am also side the cyclist.

Nowadays, lorries drivers very short fuse one. Don't know is it due to the recent hot weather.... :wacko:

Look like a Ah Tiong driver to me. Many small enterprise companies employ Ah Tiong or Indian drivers. 

Local drivers are more tolerance as its their bread & butter. Foreign drivers at most go back to their homeland...    :we-all-gonna-die:

• Praise 1

Nowadays, lorries drivers very short fuse one. Don't know is it due to the recent hot weather.... :wacko:

Look like a Ah Tiong driver to me. Many small enterprise companies employ Ah Tiong or Indian drivers. 

Local drivers are more tolerance as its their bread & butter. Foreign drivers at most go back to their homeland...    :we-all-gonna-die:

Nowadays light goods vehicles and vans can be real a**holes cuz they think their turbo diesel vehicles can chiet most normal passenger cars.

Many times they will be on lane 2 of expressways and if you just join and try to filter out, they seem to like to speed up to block you off.  

• Praise 6

Another video up for some debate..

Lorry fault.

No lorry going straight to take care of the bike.

So many people like this these days. Wrong also want to argue.

:D

Edited by Jamesc

Typo.. ... mostly thinks Singapore needs them more then they need Singapore.

Nowadays light goods vehicles and vans can be real a**holes cuz they think their turbo diesel vehicles can chiet most normal passenger cars.

Many times they will be on lane 2 of expressways and if you just join and try to filter out, they seem to like to speed up to block you off.  

Exactly. A lot of foreign drivers driving commercial vehicles. What to do? No locals want to do the job. 

Drive on AYE and you can see those big cement trucks overtaking on Lane 2 also. 

I can't wait for LTA to implement their number plate recognition system. Saw the video a while ago where the G, Y, X and don't know what other plates will get recorded by the system for driving on lanes 1 & 2 on expressway. Once that begins, they really cannot be on Lanes 1 & 2 at all, not even for overtaking. I'm sure they will do the algorithm if there is an accident on Lane 3. The much heavier penalties are a good start. 

Last night I was on PIE towards Tuas. Road so clear, this PA Toyota van driving at 60km/h on Lane 2 when Lane 3 is free. I change to Lane 1 and overtake which is what most people do. If I do it on Lane 3 (which is what some people do) and behind have undercover TP, TP might come after me for undertaking instead. 

• Praise 1

From HWZ:

[I was there since the start of incident and happened to saw it. It was damn ridiculous and unfair that everyone are siding the cyclist because he punched the driver and public wanna see show. In fact cyclist was at fault. He was the one started banging loudly at the lorry non stop because driver doesn’t allow him to go by his lane (I mean come on he should be cycling along the pavement as its obviously there was empty space there than on the road) the driver stop by at the side of the road and wanna clear the issue. Straight kena punch by the ang mo after he get off his lorry. A few cars actually was nice enough to stop by to help, and even the terrace house neighbours are concerned enough to get out and help. But the humji cyclist just ride off and quite a number residents whom are nearby starting shouting at him, point middle finger at him, because while he cycled off, he point until sibei ehsai and use handsign to say that the driver banged him but in reality it’s not. Some even angry until chase after him, he just chao all the way. Don’t let the video fool you guys please.

This does not make sense, in that case, how come this lorry driver even reverse and then turn to machiam like going to hit this cyclist?

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3