Singapore Reckless Drivers part VII

RadX

Another video up for some debate..

I hope biker maintains he is right and turn into a lorry next time.

This is just like the ang moh turning into double white lines.

They don't know the traffic code but insist they are right.

The biggest problem is people don't know the traffic code and argue they are right.

It's simply that they are not right.

:D

This van driver must be first timer..

The rules don't apply to me idiot.

This van driver must be first timer..

I don't need to queue like other people idiot.

↡ Advertisement

Typo.. ... mostly thinks Singapore needs them more then they need Singapore.

Maybe I put it another way.

For them being employed as drivers, commit an offence and got licence suspended or work permit cancel. They go back to their mainland and still find work. 

Singaporean drivers (driving as his bread & butter) cannot afford to get involve with the wrong side of the laws or they will find themselves downgrade to delivery assistant .... [bigcry]

This does not make sense, in that case, how come this lorry driver even reverse and then turn to machiam like going to hit this cyclist?

Can't believe anything from HWZ la..

• Praise 3

Basic theory book. All 3 points are RULES. Not 1st rule is bigger than 2nd rule or bigger than 3rd rule.

Both rider and car broke the rules.

Point

81 At an uncontrolled junction where there are no traffic lights, âGIVE WAYâ sign or âSTOPâ sign:

(a) If you are going straight across the junction, you must give way to traffic going straight from the right.

(b) If you are turning right, you must give way to traffic going straight from all directions, as well as traffic turning right from

the right and traffic turning left from the opposite direction.

84 When turning right into a two-way street, turn into the lane just left of the centre line of the road you are turning into.

86 If you intend to turn left, keep to the left, signal in good time, and do not swing out to the right before or after making the turn.

This one controlled junction.

Exactly. A lot of foreign drivers driving commercial vehicles. What to do? No locals want to do the job. 

Drive on AYE and you can see those big cement trucks overtaking on Lane 2 also. 

I can't wait for LTA to implement their number plate recognition system. Saw the video a while ago where the G, Y, X and don't know what other plates will get recorded by the system for driving on lanes 1 & 2 on expressway. Once that begins, they really cannot be on Lanes 1 & 2 at all, not even for overtaking. I'm sure they will do the algorithm if there is an accident on Lane 3. The much heavier penalties are a good start. 

Last night I was on PIE towards Tuas. Road so clear, this PA Toyota van driving at 60km/h on Lane 2 when Lane 3 is free. I change to Lane 1 and overtake which is what most people do. If I do it on Lane 3 (which is what some people do) and behind have undercover TP, TP might come after me for undertaking instead. 

This PA vans (8 seaters passenger) can now travel at the road speed limit. No more limited to 70km/h.  :we-all-gonna-die:

Ya, that is the reason why we have forums for discussions and hopefully these riders happened to visit mycarforum and read this post. Then reflect on it if they are one of these hell rider. Hopefully it will sink in to their head that "hey, what for ride so hurrying and impatiently?".. Well hopefully..

https://m.facebook.com/groups/327646567382859?view=permalink&id=1312789365535236

Just in.. See another one in the making.. Monkey see monkey do.. Will tp take action against these lorry driver and cyclist?

Haiz..

I hope the biker don't read this.

One less self righteous rider who don't know the highway code on the road.

This PA vans (8 seaters passenger) can now travel at the road speed limit. No more limited to 70km/h. :we-all-gonna-die:

No diff....I’ve never seen one within the previous limit anyway except at the lights.

• Praise 1

Nowadays light goods vehicles and vans can be real a**holes cuz they think their turbo diesel vehicles can chiet most normal passenger cars.

Many times they will be on lane 2 of expressways and if you just join and try to filter out, they seem to like to speed up to block you off.

Although these new Euro 5/6 light goods vehicle very very powerful, they have one true power:

Diesel price = $0

Becuase fuel is company pay one, can spoil, don’t care, diesel free one, everything don’t care

Lane 2 lane 1 daring daring Cheong

• Praise 1

Maybe I put it another way.

For them being employed as drivers, commit an offence and got licence suspended or work permit cancel. They go back to their mainland and still find work.

Singaporean drivers (driving as his bread & butter) cannot afford to get involve with the wrong side of the laws or they will find themselves downgrade to delivery assistant .... [bigcry]

My friend told me he knew a guy around 45 years old who kanah drunk driving third time... Licence gantong 20 years!!??

Guy has own business in sg... So no licence cannot deliver goods already... Say going to retire in Malaysia liow.

Just like driving fast doesn't equate to reckless driving,

Someone charging at you doesn't constitute engagement. He could be just trying to intimidate you, do a fake to scare you.. etc. Until he makes the first attack move, then it's considered engagement.

We should all read this: https://www.singsaver.com.sg/blog/can-afford-throw-punch-singapore

I beg to differ.

The very act of carrying what seemed to be a weapon with intention to cause harm or hurt to someone is already deemed to be a case of road rage, whether or not he is in the right or wrong.

Under such circumstances, the cyclist has the right to exercise self defense in the face of imminent attack/danger.

My perspective on this case.

• Praise 4

Nowadays light goods vehicles and vans can be real a**holes cuz they think their turbo diesel vehicles can chiet most normal passenger cars.

Many times they will be on lane 2 of expressways and if you just join and try to filter out, they seem to like to speed up to block you off.  

fully agree man. and some of these LGV just POOF OUT BLACK SMOKE.

ccb this type.

• Praise 1

From HWZ:

[I was there since the start of incident and happened to saw it. It was damn ridiculous and unfair that everyone are siding the cyclist because he punched the driver and public wanna see show. In fact cyclist was at fault. He was the one started banging loudly at the lorry non stop because driver doesn’t allow him to go by his lane (I mean come on he should be cycling along the pavement as its obviously there was empty space there than on the road) the driver stop by at the side of the road and wanna clear the issue. Straight kena punch by the ang mo after he get off his lorry. A few cars actually was nice enough to stop by to help, and even the terrace house neighbours are concerned enough to get out and help. But the humji cyclist just ride off and quite a number residents whom are nearby starting shouting at him, point middle finger at him, because while he cycled off, he point until sibei ehsai and use handsign to say that the driver banged him but in reality it’s not. Some even angry until chase after him, he just chao all the way. Don’t let the video fool you guys please.

interesting plot twist but coming from HWZ... i discount it a lot hahaha

words are words unless someone else can corroborate it.

else, beedio of what previously happened is the best evidence.

From HWZ:

[I was there since the start of incident and happened to saw it. It was damn ridiculous and unfair that everyone are siding the cyclist because he punched the driver and public wanna see show. In fact cyclist was at fault. He was the one started banging loudly at the lorry non stop because driver doesn’t allow him to go by his lane (I mean come on he should be cycling along the pavement as its obviously there was empty space there than on the road) the driver stop by at the side of the road and wanna clear the issue. Straight kena punch by the ang mo after he get off his lorry. A few cars actually was nice enough to stop by to help, and even the terrace house neighbours are concerned enough to get out and help. But the humji cyclist just ride off and quite a number residents whom are nearby starting shouting at him, point middle finger at him, because while he cycled off, he point until sibei ehsai and use handsign to say that the driver banged him but in reality it’s not. Some even angry until chase after him, he just chao all the way. Don’t let the video fool you guys please.

No matter what, he shouldn't behave like a thug or road bully.  I can't say for others but personally I do not feel safe as a road user with this kind of aggressive driver on the road.

Just like driving fast doesn't equate to reckless driving,

Someone charging at you doesn't constitute engagement. He could be just trying to intimidate you, do a fake to scare you.. etc. Until he makes the first attack move, then it's considered engagement.

We should all read this: https://www.singsaver.com.sg/blog/can-afford-throw-punch-singapore

I read your highlighted link and then saw and read this one which on a different subject is still well worth a read for Singaporeans.

https://www.singsaver.com.sg/blog/7-common-things-singaporeans-dont-realise-waste-money

Maybe it needs its own thread.

Edited by Neutrino
  • Praise 1

From HWZ:

Ehhh the fact that the lorry driver tried to ram the cyclist and then came up to try to hoot/scare him, he already gg

↡ Advertisement