Singapore Reckless Drivers part VII

RadX

The driver allegedly was drink driving and crashes into 2 cars and then takes off without settling with the other drivers.

49569628_10155964911751709_6888554903384

48421485_10155964911996709_9144201311254

49274272_10155964912136709_7717099002960

49048631_10155964912191709_5435234650131

49119881_10155964912301709_1702379801815

https://www.facebook.com/jaredxz/videos/10155965551761709/

This is super lol. All he needs to do is report insurance. Pictures were taken. If he is really drunk driving then it's simple, get him to settle with you privately for a big amount. It's a win win for both, he potentially stays out of jail and the victim gets a nice amount to go on vacation. Also trying to claim damages against a drunk driver can be tough. Not many people have successfully done so with little hassle.

One idiot drunk drove and rammed into my rusty worn out gate. Got him to settle privately and I got a new gate plus compensation for the damage to my car that was parked inside the house. If I had reported him, very likely I have to fix my car and gate myself.

• Praise 4

This is super lol. All he needs to do is report insurance. Pictures were taken. If he is really drunk driving then it's simple, get him to settle with you privately for a big amount. It's a win win for both, he potentially stays out of jail and the victim gets a nice amount to go on vacation. Also trying to claim damages against a drunk driver can be tough. Not many people have successfully done so with little hassle.

One idiot drunk drove and rammed into my rusty worn out gate. Got him to settle privately and I got a new gate plus compensation for the damage to my car that was parked inside the house. If I had reported him, very likely I have to fix my car and gate myself.

If the society follow this recommendation, the drunk drivers may cause more severe accidents in future. Like two years ago the accident at Tanjong Pagar...

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/tanjong-pagar-accident-suspect-charged-with-drink-driving

U mean insurance dont cover if the culprit is drunk? Even if he is in the wrong?
  • Praise 1

If the MPV driver's trained with advanced driving tactics (esp collision avoidance), the adjacent lane still have enough space for him to steer clear of the taxi. [laugh]

Need honda sensing

If the society follow this recommendation, the drunk drivers may cause more severe accidents in future. Like two years ago the accident at Tanjong Pagar...

https://www.straitstimes.com/singapore/courts-crime/tanjong-pagar-accident-suspect-charged-with-drink-driving

You need to realise that the people who were injured probably had to pay out of their own pocket for the hospitalisation bills. Doesn't make sense especially when you're the victim.

U mean insurance dont cover if the culprit is drunk? Even if he is in the wrong?

Some insurance companies do not cover. Why not you go read up about what happened to one of the MCF members years ago when a vios driven by a drunk driver smashed into his GTR? They may refuse liability completely.

That aside, insurance companies are scams. They are legal gangsters who take protection money from you when you don't need protection and when you eventually need it, they try to be as stingy as possible. Insurance policies are nothing more than a ponzi scheme. Sadly insurance policies are mandatory.

Some people mindset is with principle, so to each of it own.

Some insurance companies do not cover. Why not you go read up about what happened to one of the MCF members years ago when a vios driven by a drunk driver smashed into his GTR? They may refuse liability completely.

That aside, insurance companies are scams. They are legal gangsters who take protection money from you when you don't need protection and when you eventually need it, they try to be as stingy as possible. Insurance policies are nothing more than a ponzi scheme. Sadly insurance policies are mandatory.

Wait... You missed out one part.. Inflated insurance claim. So that contradict what you say. If insurance company is/are stingy in giving out claims, then how come there are so many news of people inflate insurance claim and get caught? What about those that do it but never get caught?

I do feel motor insurance company still approved claims too easily even with big amount claim. That resulted in many people do inflated claims.

Edited by Yewheng
  • Praise 1

If the drink driver is bankrupt, have no money to pay, run road, there's little you can do also.

LLST

• Praise 2

1) one of the members here (whom I know and trust) had his GTR stopped at a red light when he was rear-ended by a drunk driver. Drunk's insurance refused cover. Both parties LLST.

2) just this Sunday at a meetup, i met a guy whose civic had recently been involved in a hit and run in moving traffic by a red light beater. He made the report to insurance and police with video camera footage but guess what? No claim against the offending party could be made because that fella hadn't reported to his carrier. Victim LLST.

So: at least two loopholes illustrated here: if you're drunk, your insurance can taiji. If you don't report, you and your insurance can taiji together.

Power, right?

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 7

The law should be such that drunk driver cannot claim his own insurance but third party can claim from the drunk driver insurance. Otherwise, everyone will not report drunk driving if they are the victim.
  • Praise 1