Singapore Reckless Drivers part VII

RadX

(edited)

I think he has lousy parking skills.

Put cigarettes lor.

Hahaha don’t think he bother parking properly . Probably purposely anyhow one :XD: Edited by Mustank
↡ Advertisement

Taxi? Huh...I tell u all why it skids.

BECAUSE THEY KNN USE WESTAKE TYRES MADE IN CHINA.

No wonder! My last tyre change was Westlake tires recommended by WS guy and it skidded like banana skin on rainy days. I had them changed just after 2 weeks.
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

No wonder! My last tyre change was Westlake tires recommended by WS guy and it skidded like banana skin on rainy days. I had them changed just after 2 weeks.

How much was it? $70 or $170 ?

Supersonic

Wow that is scary. Thanks for sharing.

How much was it? $70 or $170 ?

I cannot remember the price but I did question him "so cheap, good or not?" I was already doubtful at the onset but was in hurry to change tyres and he did not have what I wanted.

Wow that is scary. Thanks for sharing.

Yeah especially round corners with puddles. Thats why I only drove on lane 2 before I changed back to Bridgestone.

(edited)

Taxi drivers are sick and tired of PHV drivers getting all the publicity

for bad driving.

:D

PHV PHV PHV taxi drivers can drive recklessly too.

Take that you bad PHV drivers.  [thumbsup]

Some of the taxi drivers who have been banned/blacklisted from cab companies including the infamous red one end up driving PHV. So both PHV and taxi driving pattern all sama sama. Avoid taking taxis with Westlake tyres during rain.

Edited by Ldlian987

Hypersonic

So now we have to choose taxi base on the type of tyres they use? [laugh] [laugh]

• Praise 3

Twincharged

You have the point but the same taxi with the same set of wheel have been going over painted marking everyday, why there ? Of course a set of good tyres is important, but I have seen many cars skidded there, including vans, lorries, estima, jaguar xf etc, that is the reason I said the stretch is prone to skidding. So, drive safe there.

Some take the slope down at 70km/h even when rain. The problem is that the slope down there is a slight sharper turn. So if drivers just follow the turn than at last moment turn sharper, plus if tyres already not much thread left. What will happen? Skid lor.

• Praise 1

Some take the slope down at 70km/h even when rain. The problem is that the slope down there is a slight sharper turn. So if drivers just follow the turn than at last moment turn sharper, plus if tyres already not much thread left. What will happen? Skid lor.

Downshift!!

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Downshift!!

Hi, while downshift will avoid a wheel locked up because the transmission and the two drive wheels are always engaged. But assuming when one is taking a bend downslope at high speed , and he downshift plus stepping hard on the brake, the two non driving wheels may get locked up and cause an out of control skid or oversteer, or will it not as long as there is a gear downshift? I guest when the speed is excessive, downshift wont help, it is matter of relativity between downshift vs no downshift , when all else are equal ?

Like to hear from you.

Twincharged

Hi, while downshift will avoid a wheel locked up because the transmission and the two drive wheels are always engaged. But assuming when one is taking a bend downslope at high speed , and he downshift plus stepping hard on the brake, the two non driving wheels may get locked up and cause an out of control skid or oversteer, or will it not as long as there is a gear downshift? I guest when the speed is excessive, downshift wont help, it is matter of relativity between downshift vs no downshift , when all else are equal ?

Like to hear from you.

Easy, just don't speed down the slope when raining. Solve the complicated problem..

Supersonic

Easy, just don't speed down the slope when raining. Solve the complicated problem..

That is precisely my style, old car , old man, how to speed ?but my question is more for learning purpose.

The tread-depth limit for safe driving is generally 1.6mm.

Is there a rule somewhere to say it is illegal to drive with a worn tyre, such as with thread lesser than 1.6mm

The tread-depth limit for safe driving is generally 1.6mm.

Is there a rule somewhere to say it is illegal to drive with a worn tyre, such as with thread lesser than 1.6mm

Illegal but most Drivers don’t even know how to check their tyre thread then how?

Twincharged

Maybe Tyre not yet Run In....alot of Tyres needs at least 500Km,to get rid of an layer of Oil...when making the Tyre.

Illegal but most Drivers don’t even know how to check their tyre thread then how?

Don't know how to check.?Very Easy to learn,get caught,fine $100.00 & 6 Demerit Points...then will learn.. [bigcry]

So now we have to choose taxi base on the type of tyres they use? [laugh] [laugh]

Then i think you can forget taking Taxi or most PHV.

• Praise 1

Maybe Tyre not yet Run In....alot of Tyres needs at least 500Km,to get rid of an layer of Oil...when making the Tyre.

Don't know how to check.?Very Easy to learn,get caught,fine $100.00 & 6 Demerit Points...then will learn.. [bigcry]

Then i think you can forget taking Taxi or most PHV.

I’ve seen a lot of bald tyres still driving on the road, told the driver and they gave me the stupid look that I am kaypoh. Hardly caught for those whom tyres are worn out, unless you make it mandatory for check every year
  • Praise 1