Taobao Headunits

Goldenvodka

Just for sharing here.

Recently I bought a headunit, face plate and harness from Taobao, costing less than $150.

Touchscreen quality is as good as other branded head units, sound quality I have no comments.

Bascially it comes with a harness that fits to your vehicle without any cable cutting or whatsoever. Plug and Play.

Best it comes with andrioid auto and Apple Carplay.

I saw other basic headunit that cost than $100 with all in accessories.

My unit was a stock HU that was removed from a Nissan Vehicle.

They managed to do modification to the stock head unit to make it usable on any other Japanese/korean cars.

Just doing a sharing here. No sale or advertisement.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 7

Turbocharged

Just for sharing here.

Recently I bought a headunit, face plate and harness from Taobao, costing less than $150.

Touchscreen quality is as good as other branded head units, sound quality I have no comments.

Bascially it comes with a harness that fits to your vehicle without any cable cutting or whatsoever. Plug and Play.

They managed to do modification to the stock head unit to make it usable on any other Japanese/korean cars.

i'm guessing it's an Android HU?

specs?

android version

RAM

ROM

I have been looking for an Android HU too, to run a dual HU set up; One "normal" one for audio and old-school GPS, and a 2nd one running Android for google maps/waze and other apps.

Been looking at 3 brands in particular: Pumpkin Auto, Joying and Atoto.

Currently I am using an Android Tablet until I find an Android HU that meets my preferred specs.

Can share the link? Thanks!

Search for your car name/model in Chinese and add in CarPlay behind.

Example Suzuki swift would be

铃木雨燕 CarPlay

i'm guessing it's an Android HU?

specs?

android version

RAM

ROM

I have been looking for an Android HU too, to run a dual HU set up; One "normal" one for audio and old-school GPS, and a 2nd one running Android for google maps/waze and other apps.

Been looking at 3 brands in particular: Pumpkin Auto, Joying and Atoto.

Currently I am using an Android Tablet until I find an Android HU that meets my preferred specs.

Nope. It’s not android HU. I don’t have good experience in android HU sorry.

The cheap HU they are selling is Stock HU from new vehicles.

Example my unit was a Nissan HU from a new stock vehicle.

I guess these cheap head units are head units that the previous owner traded in to shops for a new premium HU.

Quality wise, I have not much of concern. Can listen Bluetooth music/Google maps and $100-$150 really nth much to complain

• Praise 1

Turbocharged

Search for your car name/model in Chinese and add in CarPlay behind.

Example Suzuki swift would be

铃木雨燕 CarPlay

Nope. It’s not android HU. I don’t have good experience in android HU sorry.

The cheap HU they are selling is Stock HU from new vehicles.

Example my unit was a Nissan HU from a new stock vehicle.

I guess these cheap head units are head units that the previous owner traded in to shops for a new premium HU.

Quality wise, I have not much of concern. Can listen Bluetooth music/Google maps and $100-$150 really nth much to complain

ah ok thanks for the clarification

Just for sharing here.

Wow... if that is true then you really got a steal there. I am quite skeptical if it is really the function you stated or is it just plain phone mirroring.  It is not so easy to obtain license from Apple and it require a hefty investment for development as well as payment to Apple before the manufacturer are allowed to produce.

(edited)

Wow... if that is true then you really got a steal there. I am quite skeptical if it is really the function you stated or is it just plain phone mirroring. It is not so easy to obtain license from Apple and it require a hefty investment for development as well as payment to Apple before the manufacturer are allowed to produce.

The only thing they did there was to modify stock car HU (which most cars stock HU have CarPlay/android auto).

The bad thing is whenever you start up your vehicle you will be forever stucked with the boot screen which does not match your car model.

Edited by Goldenvodka

Usually your freight forwarder like ezbuy will lias with you for return if u used their buy for me service. Maybe cost like 20 30? Not sure about this.

But to be safe, don’t buy expensive things there. I set a limit to about $200 when importing things from Taobao

Looks really good, its been a month since you used, how was to thus far? 

care to share  [:p]

Nothing much

basically just plug in your phone and the necessary car apps like google map, spotify will be on your HU.