Get a new car plate number for used car

Guanleng

Hi ,

Anyone know how to apply for new car plate number when buying used car ?

Can’t find the detail from one motoring , just wanted a new number without bidding .

The bidding or retain old car number cost min 1000 .

Thanks

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged
(edited)

Hi ,

Can’t find the detail from one motoring , just wanted a new number without bidding .

Thanks

Nope,you need to bid for 1....Unless the 1st Owner wanted back his Number,then it is Free...or else $1,070.00....min Bid.

Edited by ER-3682

Only 2 options:

1. Bid a number for 1000$ min and spend 300 more to put it on you old car

2. Buy a number from market and put it. Plate market cost + 1300$

Hi ,

Thanks

Onemotoring website mention new plate auto generated by system cost $321. Pls call lta to confirm this

This only applicable for new car right ? The website is confusing

(edited)

This only applicable for new car right ? The website is confusing

Yes, my bad. The $321 in this case refer to the charge for exchanging the vehicle plate with the one from another car. Sorry.

Edited by Ceecookie

(edited)

Just walk into LTA and ask for a new assign carplate, pay 1300 and done.

Old existing number will be omitted from system immediately.

* online i think able to do but i am just not sure of the steps.

Edited by cmcex

If need to pay 1300 for new assigned number, might as well try to bid 1000 on a number you like and pay 321 to put it on the car?

If need to pay 1300 for new assigned number, might as well try to bid 1000 on a number you like and pay 321 to put it on the car?

If TS can register a few nicks and post few threads to find out means his pants on fire. Luxury of time is probably what he is short of to conduct a bidding and choose numbers and wait for results

Correct

If TS can register a few nicks and post few threads to find out means his pants on fire. Luxury of time is probably what he is short of to conduct a bidding and choose numbers and wait for results

Hahaha... this shows you very attentive to all the posts in this forum.

If true, it's a sound advice from you then.

Neutral Newbie

sorry for resurrecting this thread after half a decade! but how much does it cost to just deregister the old car's plate and get a random number for the used car? on one motoring website they say new number is free, but nobody seems to be saying that here so I'm a little confused :<

Twincharged
On 1/20/2024 at 1:30 PM, tfm said:

sorry for resurrecting this thread after half a decade! but how much does it cost to just deregister the old car's plate and get a random number for the used car? on one motoring website they say new number is free, but nobody seems to be saying that here so I'm a little confused :<

You need to bid a new Plate,min $1,090.00.

Supersonic
On 1/20/2024 at 2:01 PM, ER-3682 said:

You need to bid a new Plate,min $1,090.00.

I think he wants to change a car number but not bidding a number. Just want to get a random number from the system. Maybe it should be free? 🤔

Twincharged
On 1/20/2024 at 9:28 PM, 13177 said:

I think he wants to change a car number but not bidding a number. Just want to get a random number from the system. Maybe it should be free? 🤔

I don't think is free,if like this,everyone got a not nice number,will tell LTA He or She wanted a new Number,LTA will be damm''Boh Eng''...Busy.

• Haha! 1

Twincharged

@tfmNew Number is free,when someone sold you the Car,but He or She wanted back the Old Number,on His or Her New Car,if He or She bought a 2nd Hand Car & wanted to retain the current number,He or She needed to pay $1,300.00.

• Praise 1

Supersonic
On 1/20/2024 at 9:42 PM, ER-3682 said:

I don't think is free,if like this,everyone got a not nice number,will tell LTA He or She wanted a new Number,LTA will be damm''Boh Eng''...Busy.

Like that even the owner just change number from the random generated system, also need to pay $1090? Maybe not free but only need to pay some admin fees?

Twincharged
On 1/20/2024 at 9:56 PM, 13177 said:

Like that even the owner just change number from the random generated system, also need to pay $1090? Maybe not free but only need to pay some admin fees?

$1,090.00 is the Min Bid,if the number you fancy,someone bidded higher,then you won't get it.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2