Marine Parade roundabout changes

Newton Circus is an extremely fcked up example of a roundabout.

Not recommended to practice there.

Actually still can find a few roundabouts in sg la. Newton circus almost everyone sure have drive thru it before. And places in marine parade, stadium, serangoon garden also have roundabout. Where else? Lol.

↡ Advertisement

Elections coming, so everything very chop chop.

It's a roundabout. No need to politicised the issue. They are doing their best to up the safety level in that area. If you want to attack the govt, do it in a constructive manner.

Hypersonic
(edited)

Actually this round about was a fun one back in the 80's, when the previous Amberville Apts were there (before silversea) 

Now its a nightmare ..... everytime got works going on somehow or rather (lotsa blurr coks)

Army daze used to race around in Mini's/Datsun's or whatever 1.2 or 1.3L cars we could land our hand on (Parkway Parade was just coming up) so the road was dead quiet, dunno Abang @evillusion got try or not  [laugh]..... like sowing wild oats

But Newton is still a nightmare, Enter also scared, Exit also scared

Actually another one thats gone missing is at Kallang near the Stadium   (exit to Nicoll highway/Guillemard/Mountbatten Road)

I think the main problem is there are hardly any roundabouts in SG. For me who grew up in the East and is a regular to PP, easy peasy. Last time is 3 lanes, no problems at all! For many, it might be the 1st time they encounter a roundabout. Hence blur-co*k !!!! 

alamak !! this roundabout has been there for more than 40 odd years I'm sure ...... whats got to do with Elections 

Elections coming, so everything very chop chop.

Edited by BanCoe

Supersonic

Newton Circus, i mean Circle is really bad?

I find it ok. Good to be in correct lane and be alert, slow down for kancheong spiders to move along. Dun demand right of way mentality too much and cars/buses/bikes will move along much faster.

With signalised system i find it less smooth in that its no longer a one time circular travelling pattern to exit. Most times vehicles get stuck cos of the red light and that prevented those coming from lane without traffic light to not be able to move out.

But i suppose accidents have lessen.

Just my tots. But drivers must really be calm and patient ya. It helps to give u and others an enjoyable ride most times.

Safe ride

Cheers

• Praise 2

Twincharged

Just now a motorbike just chiong pass the marine parade roundabout. He's riding like driving moto gp. So with these type of rider mentally. How not be safe?

Twincharged

Just now a motorbike just chiong pass the marine parade roundabout. He's riding like driving moto gp. So with these type of rider mentally. How not be safe?

Hmmm...next LTA will put Speed Bumps in the Circus...8 Spped Bumps in the Whole Circus will sure Slow down these Idiots.

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Newton Circus is an extremely fcked up example of a roundabout.

Not recommended to practice there.

Newton cicrcus even with signal lights still very chaotic and dangerous.
  • Praise 1

Cos our roundabouts are too small. Up to the late 90s still ok, after that simply too many cars

Actually this round about was a fun one back in the 80's, when the previous Amberville Apts were there (before silversea) 

Actually another one thats gone missing is at Kallang near the Stadium   (exit to Nicoll highway/Guillemard/Mountbatten Road)

Last time younger days visit Rose Gardens huh  :inlove:  [inlove]

Yes Guillemard Roundabout gone many years liao  [drivingcar]

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

Last time younger days visit Rose Gardens huh :inlove:[inlove]

Yes Guillemard Roundabout gone many years liao [drivingcar]

Yeap Rose Gardens and Katong Shopping Centre ... park FOC in Rose Gardens & walk over to KSC

and going A&W

Actually I become more blurr becos of Newton traffic lights
  • Praise 1

Yeap Rose Gardens and Katong Shopping Centre ... park FOC in Rose Gardens & walk over to KSC

and going A&W

still got emporium at KSC  [thumbsup]

next door watch movie at Odeon

take shower at lailai

stone throw got Tay Ban Guan 

last time SG is so fun  :a-toast:

• Praise 2

Now its a nightmare ..... everytime got works going on somehow or rather (lotsa blurr coks)

Army daze used to race around in Mini's/Datsun's or whatever 1.2 or 1.3L cars we could land our hand on (Parkway Parade was just coming up) so the road was dead quiet, dunno Abang @evillusion got try or not [laugh]..... like sowing wild oats

But Newton is still a nightmare, Enter also scared, Exit also scared

Actually another one thats gone missing is at Kallang near the Stadium (exit to Nicoll highway/Guillemard/Mountbatten Road)

alamak !! this roundabout has been there for more than 40 odd years I'm sure ...... whats got to do with Elections

Of course de.....was living in Marine Parade in the 90s aftet getting married.....after watching football matches at the stadium sure take the route passing the roundabout just for the thrill......got once a biker on an sdr 200 behind me got to one round as the line was block by a slow moving car....
  • Praise 1

Twincharged

Cos our roundabouts are too small. Up to the late 90s still ok, after that simply too many cars

I love the 70's QueensTown Roundabouts..where there is a Fountain in it,i weather anybody still got Photos of these Fountains.?

actually roundabout is more efficient in design but Singapore drivers are not experienced in driving in roundabout and don't follow roundabout rules.

and going A&W

Actually I become more blurr becos of Newton traffic lights ð¦, no smooth flow , defeats the purpose of flow

Bro.......my oc family lived in Rose Gardens and had relatives staying in Jln Kechot......small world!

Hypersonic

Bro.......my oc family lived in Rose Gardens and had relatives staying in Jln Kechot......small world!ððð

Ooops ..... hope she neber see me illegally parking at Rose Gdns

Ooops ..... hope she neber see me illegally parking at Rose Gdns ð¤£ð¤£, but KSC bus stop and the platform there was the âmeeting spotâ or interchange KC /St Hildaâs and Minahs from TSL ððð

Hahaha...they stayed there in the 70s-80s......now the area very different, a lot of redevelopment......rose garden has been sold and demolished right? Thats what her uncles tell me lar......

Hypersonic

Your wifey stay Rose Gdns  considered atas apt in those days, I stay  in long house (5 houses in a row) in  Jln Kechot/Nanas(gone from the map) area.... only 1 jamban (rest room)  outside  [bigcry]  ha ha ha 

Hahaha...they stayed there in the 70s-80s......now the area very different, a lot of redevelopment......rose garden has been sold and demolished right? Thats what her uncles tell me lar......

↡ Advertisement