Marine Parade roundabout changes

Supersonic

Haha .. actually I was just getting used to the roundabout (go about once or twice a week). But most of the drivers are careful (and some confused), will slow down/ stop even when they have right of way in the roundabout . There are those who think the main road going straight have the right of way, just chiong without stopping. 

I find that stretch of road quite dangerous before this project, and now after implemented this project, this road becomes dangerous and confusing.  [sweatdrop]  People seldom drive to this area really dont know where to go and when to stop de. My friend told me he was confused at the traffic junction when turn into this Whampoa, dont know which lane to take, and the distance to decide which lane is so short?! Lol.

There is more road further down. The bus stop there. The bus stop also has a separate passenger car drop-off lane. So maybe can extend the lane to include a taxi stand.

Simple solution lah. No need to blast LTA lah.

Orh bus stop there ah. But the lane at the bus stop only wide enough to accommodate one car lo, so if convert to taxi stand, then private cars cannot drive into the lane to pick/drop off liao. Dont think they can widen the existing lane to fix two cars.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAtGWPlpSwY

Who is this stupid LTA scholar come out with this stupid idea?? I realised nowadays alot of ppl in government agencies solve problem unlike those in older generation in the 80s/90s. Now is solve 1 problem and create 3 problems. On top of that, I also notice many traffic lights created in recent years on old roads. They seem to have stop building overhead bridges and underpass walkway.

• Praise 1

I find that stretch of road quite dangerous before this project, and now after implemented this project, this road becomes dangerous and confusing.  [sweatdrop]  People seldom drive to this area really dont know where to go and when to stop de. My friend told me he was confused at the traffic junction when turn into this Whampoa, dont know which lane to take, and the distance to decide which lane is so short?! Lol.

Orh bus stop there ah. But the lane at the bus stop only wide enough to accommodate one car lo, so if convert to taxi stand, then private cars cannot drive into the lane to pick/drop off liao. Dont think they can widen the existing lane to fix two cars.

When there is a will, there is a way.

I not say convert hor. I say extend the car lane and put in a taxi stand. The car drop-off must still exist. There are still land there to expand the road. Just need LTA and HDB talk only.

Supersonic
(edited)

Who is this stupid LTA scholar come out with this stupid idea?? I realised nowadays alot of ppl in government agencies solve problem unlike those in older generation in the 80s/90s. Now is solve 1 problem and create 3 problems. On top of that, I also notice many traffic lights created in recent years on old roads. They seem to have stop building overhead bridges and underpass walkway.

Solve 1 problem and create many problems, this is their current practise of doing things. Have to get used to it, cause nothing much you can do about it. Lol. Like i said, it is a failed project in this Whampoa area.

When there is a will, there is a way.

I not say convert hor. I say extend the car lane and put in a taxi stand. The car drop-off must still exist. There are still land there to expand the road. Just need LTA and HDB talk only.

Like this think need to wait another 10 more years before it would be materialise and really solve the problem liao.  [laugh]  I have one friend who stay in this Whampoa area, he told me the roads in this area have been the same as long as this estate since built decades ago. And seems like it is getting worst now with this new project instead getting better?  [rolleyes]

Edited by 13177

Solve 1 problem and create many problems, this is their current practise of doing things. Have to get used to it, cause nothing much you can do about it. Lol. Like i said, it is a failed project in this Whampoa area.

Like this think need to wait another 10 more years before it would be materialise and really solve the problem liao.  [laugh]  I have one friend who stay in this Whampoa area, he told me the roads in this area have been the same as long as this estate since built decades ago. And seems like it is getting worst now with this new project instead getting better?  [rolleyes]

I have been coming to Whampoa since 1983, before CTE cuts the Whampoa estate into 2. St George estate was once part of Whampoa.

The roads here are still the same since then. [laugh]

Supersonic

I have been coming to Whampoa since 1983, before CTE cuts the Whampoa estate into 2. St George estate was once part of Whampoa.

The roads here are still the same since then. [laugh]

Haa, so what my friend told me is correct la. Roads there never change at all. So i doubt LTA would change anything to the roads there even now la.

Turbocharged

another 3 carparks near there.

1 near the morning market, 1 is on the other side of the hawker centre and 1 beside the NTUC.

all within walking distance to the hawker centre.

don't know why people die die must park in front of the hawker centre and only there. no lots still want to wait there and block the roads.

park at the other 3 carparks, walk a bit (50m) to lose some weight lor.

Twincharged

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WAtGWPlpSwY

young punks who dont live there to know better. must ask old uncles there especially the kaypo ones. for sure they can give a good suggestion. since they use the roads day in and out.

Supersonic

another 3 carparks near there.

1 near the morning market, 1 is on the other side of the hawker centre and 1 beside the NTUC.

all within walking distance to the hawker centre.

don't know why people die die must park in front of the hawker centre and only there. no lots still want to wait there and block the roads.

park at the other 3 carparks, walk a bit (50m) to lose some weight lor.

Not only this place, anywhere also same lo, people die die must park in front of the place they go de, no lots then just wait and they dont care if they are blocking other people.

↡ Advertisement