You Need 1.4k per old person to meet basic living standard

therock

Supersonic

Wouldn't you say that those who are expressing their own viewpoints are being very subjective in their posts and their rejection of my viewpoints?

So why have double standards for your own "buddies" and old-boys in this forum? The old-boys can express and maintain unverified and negative viewpoints regardless, and all newbies must share their viewpoint (or be bullied/threatened/harassed into silence)?

Take one step back and ask yourself about the background of the regular forumers here. How much is honest and sincere, or have they avoided revealing anything? Why are they shy to reveal more about their experience and background, perhaps work experience and even age?

As a first step, perhaps you can share more about just your work experience and age?

I am just pointing out the possible reasons there are so many unfavorable responds to your posts,  I did not say the rest are right. At times there is no right or wrong but more of what is generally acceptable to the larger audience. Even our ruling party knows that they are unable to satisfy all the SGPrean, so when they get about 60+% votes, they know they are on the right path.  The thing here is, I dont see that many(or i have not found any) people supporting your posts, that  convert to zero vote to PAP context if you get what i mean. And if you think that those who responded to your posts are not being honest, insincere,  and yet  you do not get any sincere or honest forumers here, what is the point of engaging in a meaningless  conversation here still ? 

On your point about myself, I shall refrain from making this conversation just between or about you and me .

↡ Advertisement

Wouldn't you say that those who are expressing their own viewpoints are being very subjective in their posts and their rejection of my viewpoints?

So why have double standards for your own "buddies" and old-boys in this forum? The old-boys can express and maintain unverified and negative viewpoints regardless, and all newbies must share their viewpoint (or be bullied/threatened/harassed into silence)?

Take one step back and ask yourself about the background of the regular forumers here. How much is honest and sincere, or have they avoided revealing anything? Why are they shy to reveal more about their experience and background, perhaps work experience and even age?

As a first step, perhaps you can share more about just your work experience and age?

I have no problem with your posts. You did raise some good points from time to time.  I also think that you should not be banned (multiple times). But your problem is that you like to converse your point of view in a VERY forceful way. You cannot expect to change other forumers' mind by stalking them online. Some people have made up their mind and do't want to change even you make a valid point. 

If you disagree with them, just state your points,show others the real fact with sources, f*ck them hard in one post and let it go. Whatever you think, I think and other think on this virtual forum has a no effect on our daily life. 

• Praise 2

I am just pointing out the possible reasons there are so many unfavorable responds to your posts,  I did not say the rest are right. At times there is no right or wrong but more of what is generally acceptable to the larger audience. ...

Sorry, but posts in this forum are not for affirmation seeking, sayang-sayang or a popularity contest. I am merely sharing my experience with sincerity and being honest with my background.

I also choose to ask pointed questions about the validity and rationale of other's viewpoints and understand their background and experiences.

If they don't actually have the experience in the matter, how is their comment valid, authentic, genuine, meaningful and valuable to others?

Do we have to seek "approval and acceptance" from a panel of old-boys who are being judgmental and subjective? If we uphold forum guidelines of respecting other's opinion, what is there to fear?

If you want to be "generally acceptable to the larger audience", doesn't that mean you are marching to others' tune? You are bending over for their acceptance? But who made them judge, jury and executioner?

...The thing here is, I dont see that many(or i have not found any) people supporting your posts, that  convert to zero vote to PAP context if you get what i mean. And if you think that those who responded to your posts are not being honest, insincere,  and yet  you do not get any sincere or honest forumers here, what is the point of engaging in a meaningless  conversation here still ? 

Again, to be blunt, I am sharing my own experience and actions. Other's have their own experience so I don't expect others to agree, or even share my view.

But surely we cannot condone those who maintain a certain worldview and mindset, and yet refuse to state anything about their background and actual experience in the issue. Why have something to hide?

For example, don't we expect that if you give a review of a car, we would have to declare how long we have owned the car? Shouldn't we speak from experience?

Or in the same vein, some like to complain about high cost of living and act like life very tough in singapore, but if you find out that they buy premium conti cars and live in private landed property, and have been earning high salary for decades, how genuine, sincere and honest are their comments then?

Is there anything you can learn from them? Aren't they making a fool of you and stirring up emotions for amusement?

...And if you think that those who responded to your posts are not being honest, insincere,  and yet  you do not get any sincere or honest forumers here, what is the point of engaging in a meaningless  conversation here still ? 

On your point about myself, I shall refrain from making this conversation just between or about you and me .

Because when we engage in conversation, there presupposes some honesty and being upfront with answers.

I choose to try to verify with questions about other's background and experience because that says alot about others' sincerity, and validates the truth about their actual experience.

Other's can choose to avoid or lie or ignore. But what does that action say about that person and how genuine his posts are?

Remember, this is a car forum. Most are already working adults who qualify for car loan. Most are actually older adults and maybe nearly retired. Should they be holding an attitude and mindset of being right all time, that only their viewpoint is valid and important and correct?

re: I shall refrain from making this conversation just between...

The fact that our replies are in the open for all to read shows sincerity and honesty. Could you share abit about your age and career?

...But your problem is that you like to converse your point of view in a VERY forceful way. You cannot expect to change other forumers' mind by stalking them online. Some people have made up their mind and do't want to change even you make a valid point. 

Thanks for your feedback. I appreciate it.

I do choose words carefully. However, if you consider the backgrounds of most of the regulars here, they are already older citizens with years of working experience. They are not shrinking violets or trembling virgins. None are shy, fragile schoolkids.

You mean cannot take the heat of a rational, reasoned discussion?

Maybe the truth is that some are self-important from their jobs, salary, cars they own, and have too much pride. It hurts their ego when someone tells them they are incorrect. They get angry, offended and triggered when lost face.

That's why it's important to try to verify experience and background against their comments. Once you start doing this, you will be surprised at how many try to evade. I wonder why?

Why the need to be blunt? Anyone offended you? You can PM them to seek clarifications.

Again, to be blunt, I am sharing my own experience and actions. Other's have their own experience so I don't expect others to agree, or even share my view.

But surely we cannot condone those who maintain a certain worldview and mindset, and yet refuse to state anything about their background and actual experience in the issue. Why have something to hide?

For example, don't we expect that if you give a review of a car, we would have to declare how long we have owned the car? Shouldn't we speak from experience?

Or in the same vein, some like to complain about high cost of living and act like life very tough in singapore, but if you find out that they buy premium conti cars and live in private landed property, and have been earning high salary for decades, how genuine, sincere and honest are their comments then?

Is there anything you can learn from them? Aren't they making a fool of you and stirring up emotions for amusement?

Thanks for your feedback. I appreciate it.

I do choose words carefully. However, if you consider the backgrounds of most of the regulars here, they are already older citizens with years of working experience. They are not shrinking violets or trembling virgins. None are shy, fragile schoolkids.

You mean cannot take the heat of a rational, reasoned discussion?

Maybe the truth is that some are self-important from their jobs, salary, cars they own, and have too much pride. It hurts their ego when someone tells them they are incorrect. They get angry, offended and triggered when lost face.

That's why it's important to try to verify experience and background against their comments. Once you start doing this, you will be surprised at how many try to evade. I wonder why?

I support your reasoning points but this is a forum...some here to pass time, talk cock sing song, some are shit stirrer for fun ....

I support your reasoning points but this is a forum...some here to pass time, talk cock sing song, some are shit stirrer for fun ....

I fully support the need to have fun. I have pretty black sarcasm on the tip of my tongue most of the time.

But can see the maturity levels of some older established forumers here when someone point out their contradictions and factual errors. They get so offended when lose face.

They demand the right to stir and poke, but when someone sharper poke them, they lose it and try to censor and silence their critics.

They are older working adults but cannot take it as good as they try to dish out.

Anyway, peace to you.

btw care to share your age and working experience / career so far? Any retrenchments or near to retirement age?

Why the need to be blunt? Anyone offended you? You can PM them to seek clarifications.

No need to hide in PMs. Everything is in the open for all to read. Sincerity and straightforward honesty is all I ask for.

So to move this topic along, care to share your age, your working experience and whether you have been retrenched before?

I fully support the need to have fun. I have pretty black sarcasm on the tip of my tongue most of the time.

But can see the maturity levels of some older established forumers here when someone point out their contradictions and factual errors. They get so offended when lose face.

They demand the right to stir and poke, but when someone sharper poke them, they lose it and try to censor and silence their critics.

They are older working adults but cannot take it as good as they try to dish out.

Anyway, peace to you.

btw care to share your age and working experience / career so far? Any retrenchments or near to retirement age?

No need to hide in PMs. Everything is in the open for all to read. Sincerity and straightforward honesty is all I ask for.

So to move this topic along, care to share your age, your working experience and whether you have been retrenched before?

Are you a keyboard warrior?

Everybody please be sincere and honest. Come and doxx yourself.

Please publish NRIC/rank/name, resume, payslip and retrenchment experience.

Anyway, peace to you.

I am in the early 50s working in the banking operation. Most likely will be retrenched by year end as the bank is cutting down some business.

Thankfully have not been retrenched yet. 

My investments especially in properties gave me some good returns so even with avg income, can still live ok. No heavy spending on luxury car, travelling on economy class and non SIA, no fine dining type and very happy with CNY beer promotion where i buy a dozen of cartons. Normally drink at the club or at home so spending on drinks is not so high. Cant afford to go out as I have still young kids.

Base on my conscious spending, i think 1.4k is not enough per person. Maid already 800+ liao and I hope to have a helper even when I retire.

• Praise 1

(edited)

I, CPL(ROD) T2, ic number S1381688H, retrenched in Dec2015, now earn $1800 pm mth , part time at Sungei Kadut Timber mill, asst manager rank. HDB ownership at Puggol. Imagining that i am driving Mercedes GLC250.

Can boh? Enough boh?

Edited by Throttle2

Supersonic
(edited)

I, CPL(ROD) T2, ic number S1381688H, retrenched in Dec2015, now earn $1800 pm mth , part time at Sungei Kadut Timber mill, asst manager rank. HDB ownership at Puggol. Imagining that i am driving Mercedes GLC250.

Can boh? Enough boh?

Edited by Kusje

No, doxxing is with the intent to harass and cause/incite hurt or harm against an individual.

I am only asking for some honesty about forumer's experience in the matters they comment about. Age, job roles, which industries worked, are non-intrusive in this anonymous forum.

This basic info just adds weight to one's comments and shows how genuine one is. Unless your real world background is a contradiction to the image you portray in this forum.

I am in the early 50s working in the banking operation. Most likely will be retrenched by year end as the bank is cutting down some business.

Thankfully have not been retrenched yet. 

My investments especially in properties gave me some good returns so even with avg income, can still live ok. No heavy spending on luxury car, travelling on economy class and non SIA, no fine dining type and very happy with CNY beer promotion where i buy a dozen of cartons. Normally drink at the club or at home so spending on drinks is not so high. Cant afford to go out as I have still young kids.

Base on my conscious spending, i think 1.4k is not enough per person. Maid already 800+ liao and I hope to have a helper even when I retire.

Thanks for being upfront.

After my retrenchment late last year I have been looking to minimise some expenses. My old friend who is financial adviser mentioned that new expenses will crop up as one grows older.

Mostly will be in areas of personal comfort. eg spend more time at home so aircon need to clean and service more often. Even have to budget for new upgrade every 8-10 years as the outdoor unit compressor ages and will breakdown.

I have been using a weekly housekeeper for cleaning and dusting for years already. Have to prepare to pay more for this service to include maybe cooking dinner 3 times a week once I cross 60.

Then there are lifestyle costs like keeping a dog. Pet food and vet visits, even if adopt from animal shelter.

• Dislike 2

He did ........  :XD:  

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 3