You Need 1.4k per old person to meet basic living standard

therock

Supersonic
(edited)

I am in the early 50s working in the banking operation. Most likely will be retrenched by year end as the bank is cutting down some business.

Thankfully have not been retrenched yet.

My investments especially in properties gave me some good returns so even with avg income, can still live ok. No heavy spending on luxury car, travelling on economy class and non SIA, no fine dining type and very happy with CNY beer promotion where i buy a dozen of cartons. Normally drink at the club or at home so spending on drinks is not so high. Cant afford to go out as I have still young kids.

Base on my conscious spending, i think 1.4k is not enough per person. Maid already 800+ liao and I hope to have a helper even when I retire.

But hello hello uncle, you have a maid and you still intend to keep a maid after your retirement, that means you should not be in the 1.4k expense retirement class lah. I read your post up and down a few times trying to figure out what was wrong with that survey before I realise the problem is with you, please dont joke lah. Haha. Edited by Ct3833
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

But hello hello uncle, you have a maid and you still intend to keep a maid after your retirement, that means you should not be in the 1.4k expense retirement class lah. I read your post up and down a few times trying to figure out what was wrong with that survey before I realise the problem is with you, please dont joke lah. Haha.

But hello hello uncle, you have a maid and you still intend to keep a maid after your retirement, that means you should not be in the 1.4k expense retirement class lah. I read your post up and down a few times trying to figure out what was wrong with that survey before I realise the problem is with you, please dont joke lah. Haha.

Lol, sorry for the off topic. Hopefully my wife can lower the cleanliness expectation by then. Otherwise it would be a nightmare for me, because my standard of cleanliness and tidiness is a F9 to her. 

I used to stay in Charlton near Jalan Matsuli that has a huge garden with a lot of trees. That time my helper went on home leave and at the wrong time. The trees are like autumn period... leaves drop non stop for weeks.. I thought once a week sweep can, but my wife insisted of doing it every day.. different expectation sure got problem... Actually leaves are not toxic mah and sometimes when the wind blows the sounds created by the moving dry leaves is also very relaxing.

So this is my story about helper.

• Praise 1

Yah lar Mr Moderator, give chance lar. The world is full of different people. Says for AlfaLove, he is a very fact detail person that cannot stand reasoning/statement with no backings. But there are forumers who are here for talk cock sing song and sometimes stir and stir.

At times its quite amusing to see how the shit stirrer have their opinion like Jamesxxx. But for AlfaLove is a very straight person and at least he shared his profile, his experience when he is down, he does give up and put the blame on others. Instead, he works hard and never give up.

Also at least AlfaLove did not use any foul word in his statement by statement argument. In a forum, we should have fun but we should also be mature and responsible not to spread fake or hatred news just because we are not happy about something.

I respect Moderator's view but I feel the view is a bit bias.

Actually all ur posts are abt u, urself & nothing but urself. U talk as if u know alfalove in person? Majority are not here to tcss. U didnt tcss here either but rather u r here more to show off. As in real life, r u what u r is what we beg to differ.
  • Praise 2

(edited)

Lol, sorry for the off topic. Hopefully my wife can lower the cleanliness expectation by then. Otherwise it would be a nightmare for me, because my standard of cleanliness and tidiness is a F9 to her.

I used to stay in Charlton near Jalan Matsuli that has a huge garden with a lot of trees. That time my helper went on home leave and at the wrong time. The trees are like autumn period... leaves drop non stop for weeks.. I thought once a week sweep can, but my wife insisted of doing it every day.. different expectation sure got problem... Actually leaves are not toxic mah and sometimes when the wind blows the sounds created by the moving dry leaves is also very relaxing.

It is very easy for one to use mouth to say the expectation. Would ur wife pass the test if she did it herself? Distinction if she do it everyday herself?

Whats the pt of telling us having a huge garden here?

If dun wanna hv leaves then dun grow trees lor, grow grass lor.

Would ur wife sweep the leaves herself if no one ard to help? Lead by example is always better by just lip svc. I m sure u know that!

U like to use the word helper but I think u would prefer to use the word "maid" as that would suit ur superior personality. Sorry but I just couldnt smell that change in u.

Edited by Unfazed

(edited)

Actually all ur posts are abt u, urself & nothing but urself. U talk as if u know alfalove in person? Majority are not here to tcss. U didnt tcss here either but rather u r here more to show off. As in real life, r u what u r is what we beg to differ.

U see, this is what I meant. When we disagree on views, all these -ve comments comes in. When someone ask, I just reply. If you call it show off, i think there are certainly more people. So when all these so call people shows off, its ok because their views and your views are in line.

For AlfaLove, I see alot of guys like him and myself will be labeled as ICB if the views are different. Not sure who you are, not interested to read your previous posts.

Edited by grandis123

Lao seet kong, who can survive with $1.4k upon retirement , please kee chiu!!!

Lets not talk about basic or luxurious.

Can you continue a toned down lifestyle upon retirement with $1.4k?

I admit first, i confirm cannot.

U see, this is what I meant. When we disagree on views, all these -ve comments comes in. When someone ask, I just reply. If you call it show off, i think there are certainly more people. So when all these so call people shows off, its ok because their views and your views are in line.

For AlfaLove, I see alot of guys like him and myself will be labeled as ICB if the views are different. Not sure who you are, not interested to read your previous posts.

Ask urself what value hv u added so far other than what I hv mentioned.

Its not abt -ve comments whatsoever.

U know what u typed. And fr what we can clearly see, ur past postings just shows how disconnected u were and how disconnected u still are.

Pls thank me for pointing this out to u.

And no, ppl like Jamexxx didnt tcss here, it just u didnt know how to read between the lines of reality with sarcasm jokes.

(edited)

Ask urself what value hv u added so far other than what I hv mentioned.

Its not abt -ve comments whatsoever.

U know what u typed. And fr what we can clearly see, ur past postings just shows how disconnected u were and how disconnected u still are.

Pls thank me for pointing this out to u.

And no, ppl like Jamexxx didnt tcss here, it just u didnt know how to read between the lines of reality with sarcasm jokes.

I agree on your comments on Jamexxx, thats is why i enjoy reading his posts.

See how arrogant you are to judge a person. So it becomes a "we"  views and not "I" view.

Again, I will not read your past posts to judge you. Not necessary.

As for Alfa, I do find his posts very straight forward and most of the time it makes sense. But this is his view and my view, if you do not agree, learn to move on and instead of finding fault.

It is very easy for one to use mouth to say the expectation. Would ur wife pass the test if she did it herself? Distinction if she do it everyday herself?

Whats the pt of telling us having a huge garden here?

If dun wanna hv leaves then dun grow trees lor, grow grass lor.

Would ur wife sweep the leaves herself if no one ard to help? Lead by example is always better by just lip svc. I m sure u know that!

U like to use the word helper but I think u would prefer to use the word "maid" as that would suit ur superior personality. Sorry but I just couldnt smell that change in u.

I feel like digging out your posts one by one and judge you. But think about it, not really worth the effort because you are so easily offended. 

In any case, this is a rented house. 

Anyway learn to move on. 

Edited by grandis123

Br...isnt it Jalan Mastuli. I went to Aroozoo Primary School and always go to Charlton Park to play at the playground before and after school.

(edited)

Br...isnt it Jalan Mastuli. I went to Aroozoo Primary School and always go to Charlton Park to play at the playground before and after school.

Yah Sorry for the mispelling.. I was staying there briefly. Yes there are 2 parks near there. I prefer the bigger one. The play ground is even better now. My children really like it and I am thankful to the planner for the park.

I remember Aroozoo Primary school beat us once in a football match. My primary is Serangoon Garden South School but no more liao.

Actually, my interest in the car forum initially was about properties. So many views and posts, after that also sianz liao. As for car discussions, not really keen since i am not a fussy driver and just drive a normal Japanese car. The other interest in the forum is the different views on government policies. Everyone's view is different and I get quite a few -ve points for being pro PAP.  I feel that it is a bit bias on Alfa. His previous nickk was CSBxxxx and people call him all kind of names including foul language etc. But these names calling is tolerated and I thought its a bit unfair. 

Better dont talk so much, wait I am mistaken as show off. lol..

Edited by grandis123

Yah Sorry for the mispelling.. I was staying there briefly. Yes there are 2 parks near there. I prefer the bigger one. The play ground is even better now. My children really like it and I am thankful to the planner for the park.

I remember Aroozoo Primary school beat us once in a football match. My primary is Serangoon Garden South School but no more liao.

Actually, my interest in the car forum initially was about properties. So many views and posts, after that also sianz liao. As for car discussions, not really keen since i am not a fussy driver and just drive a normal Japanese car. The other interest in the forum is the different views on government policies. Everyone's view is different and I get quite a few -ve points for being pro PAP. I feel that it is a bit bias on Alfa. His previous nickk was CSBxxxx and people call him all kind of names including foul language etc. But these names calling is tolerated and I thought its a bit unfair.

Better dont talk so much, wait I am mistaken as show off. lol..

i remembered only 1......that was do long ago maybe they have added another as there were a few empty lots in that area amidst the terrace houses. Brought back a lot of memorues when you mentioned those names.

Turbocharged
(edited)

Just checking .. are you related to cscbb, Dafttrue? U quite similar leh.. brothers huh?

Lol confimz Edited by BenTong

Turbocharged

Yah lar Mr Moderator, give chance lar. The world is full of different people. Says for AlfaLove, he is a very fact detail person that cannot stand reasoning/statement with no backings. But there are forumers who are here for talk cock sing song and sometimes stir and stir.

At times its quite amusing to see how the shit stirrer have their opinion like Jamesxxx. But for AlfaLove is a very straight person and at least he shared his profile, his experience when he is down, he does give up and put the blame on others. Instead, he works hard and never give up.

Also at least AlfaLove did not use any foul word in his statement by statement argument. In a forum, we should have fun but we should also be mature and responsible not to spread fake or hatred news just because we are not happy about something.

Agree on fakes..

Esp open so many nicks..

• Praise 1

Supersonic

Guys, weekend is around the corner, in fact my weekend has started. Wishing everybody a good, peaceful and happy weekend ahead!

• Praise 2

Mr Moderator, 

Thank you for the like. I appreciate it. I like to be given a chance to explain why it is important. 

I am not a good writer and I have a lot of views but i always hesitated in sharing because I know i will offend a lot of people. You give a like, much appreciated.

I like this forum because we have forumers like Jamesxxx, Tianmo, Lala81. CTX883, TheOldJaffa  and especially Psp415 who argued on the NUS video thinghy. Very good at his writing (Psp415). I cant write as good as these guys and of course not necessary I agree with what they posts. This is a much matured forum then those we come across in SG context. To this, AlfaLove can surely attest to this because the folks here are more mature, but expectations are now different and posts should be without support unlike other forums.

In my own view, I cant feel that it is sometimes one sided. Those who agree, will be sided. Those who do not will be targeted. Again, this is a car forum where we have matured forumer like doctors, agents, profressionals.

On the topic when I was accused of not on the ground. I worked as a Caddy when I was 12 years old in SICC earning $8 a day. I once got hit by a golf ball and on another occasion slipped badly because i was wearing slippers because I don't have money to wear a proper shoe. This is only one eg why I appreciate the country did not do so badly to bring us to where we are now.

Again, I think that I am oversharing. Pai seh.

Happy weekend

↡ Advertisement