You Need 1.4k per old person to meet basic living standard

therock

Agree on fakes..

Esp open so many nicks..

You mean I am AlfaLove or his nicks? 

Unpossible lar, you are more cleverer to distinguish this. 

Good weekend.

↡ Advertisement

Everyday weekend for retrenched person .

Working only 830am to 1230pm

Now lunch time.

Huat ah everyone

Not again? We all know you doing very well in life already.

Twincharged

But hello hello uncle, you have a maid and you still intend to keep a maid after your retirement, that means you should not be in the 1.4k expense retirement class lah. I read your post up and down a few times trying to figure out what was wrong with that survey before I realise the problem is with you, please dont joke lah. Haha.

What makes u think that @ 55 would kanna stoke or become crippled or need help with diapers or shower?

I truly understand & also experienced being with a dumbfark. Cant gain genuine support so take it to pte msg level & whine abt mods not being fair blah blah blah, no diff fr a gossiper.

If dun agree with his or her values, will try to degrade u in all sorta ways. In return like labelling another as lackey blah blah blah. Now this is really the type of hypocrite whereby type in a sincere way but behave otherwise.

Making statements w/o substantiated grounds then bring in all sorts of rojak issues yet tell ppl to agree to disagree. When he himself or herself cant debate on a pt-to-pt.

Siao lang aplenty it seems. In life already not so simple. Put in writing can be so simple, wonder why some ppl just lack it.

When I told him or her if not happy with whoever, wherever it starts, dispute there. What for pm me tell me which mod is screwed up. It doesnt concern me anyway as it is between the mod & him or her. Or he or she want my shoulder but dunno how to express correctly har?

Yes, we should ignore a dumbfark.

• Praise 3

Do what is right!!

NOT popular!

That’s my motto

Gd wknd

Agreed

Buy my Rolex

Do the right thing

Muayhahaha

Turbocharged
(edited)

You mean I am AlfaLove or his nicks?

Unpossible lar, you are more cleverer to distinguish this.

Good weekend.

Lol.. u not his standard la.. no worries.. he’s way ahead of u Edited by BenTong

I could expose the pm to me and showing the ill state of mind but I shal reserve that for now. This infidel is clearly ill in the head and I can only feel Sorry for its presence of mind

Must be a very sad individual and stuck in a certain frame of mind. Hope it seeks mental

Help soon

Anyway back to the 1.4k debate

Twincharged

I could expose the pm to me and showing the ill state of mind but I shal reserve that for now. This infidel is clearly ill in the head and I can only feel Sorry for its presence of mind

Must be a very sad individual and stuck in a certain frame of mind. Hope it seeks mental

Help soon

Infidel sounds very religious to me..lol

I also kanna spam

So I supposed it’s a cookie cutter template

• Praise 2

First of all, one must clearly define NEED vs WANT to have any meaningful discussion of 1.4k is sufficient.

Then we need to agree on what is BASIC living standard to make sure we are not just chasing our own tails arguing over something so nebulous and everyone has their own idea of what is basic standard. 

Otherwise, this is just a TCSS thread which is all fun and good until something comes along to preach older workers to fall in line, submit our free will to the propaganda, "I say therefore I am right" holier than thou and not forgetting haolian at every opportunity.

Oh oh... And it comes with free daily junk PMs...  :D

Help soon

must be that idiot lar....mai kong!
  • Praise 1

must be that idiot lar....mai kong!ððð........but he very brave wan.......calling people spineless in msg.....very brave man!

Shd start a love letter thread and al can contribute to see the pattern and how much copy paste it performs

At the very least, this is harassment

must be that idiot lar....mai kong!ððð........but he very brave wan.......calling people spineless in msg.....very brave man!

not template bro.....some short some long. Mine was rather long.....2 or 3 short paragraph!ðððð

He got quote references anot? Hahhah

Need to reference mah

Supersonic
(edited)

I think 1.4k per person per month is really doable but we cannot expect to live like we still have income. Life style will have to be adjusted. To some, in fact it is their lifestyle even before their retirement. And for MCFers here, car ownership must go, we cannot expect to drive and expect 1.4k expense. Those who could afford can continue drivig but should expect to spend more than 1.4k and this is not the consumer group the study is referring to.

I am not a retiree and I am also wondering how much is enough though I believe 1.4k it is enough. I have to openly confess that I will not be in this group, so I have never sat down to work out item by item.

For the interest of discussion, let me start it here and all could chip in and rework the sum.

Good to keep one alive:

Breakfast -$5

Lunch - $6

Dinner - $7

1 kopi session - $3

Total daily - $21,

AVERAGE Total monthly - $630.

Utility bill plus gas(per person) - $50

Transport -$100

Property tax - $50

Groceries plus maintenance - $150?

Avg medical plus insurance $150?

Total about $1,130, leaving behind $270 for saving, contingency , angbao , short holiday once in a while etc etc.

And my assumption is:

1. For lower income bracket group who just need to live by reasonably.

2. Stay in fully paid HDB

2. not a car owners who is about 20% of the population

3. not for condo owners , again those are 20% of the population who are at the higher income bracket.

4. No car expense, no condo maintenance fees etc.

5. When sick, the only place to go is polyclinic and public hospital, and there is medical insurance to cover already.

6. Basic lifestyle, any expensive hobbies, high end stuffs are by choice, those must not be added into the expense here.

The food expense assumption is a very rough estimate, if one goes by ntuc groceries and home cooked food, the per meal cost can be lower, this is where the expense could be further adjusted,.not much though.

Please help suggest what else..

And no but.. ,because.., if.., then again.. , because this is about lowest minimum, so no high end food, no luxury items etc.

Suggestions and comments are all welcome, anonymous dislike is ok with me.....Haha. have a good weekend.

Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 7

I think 1.4k per person per month is really doable but we cannot expect to live like we still have income. Life style will have to be adjusted. To some, in fact it is their lifestyle even before their retirement. And for MCFers here, car ownership must go, we cannot expect to drive and expect 1.4k expense. Those who could afford can continue drivig but should expect to spend more than 1.4k and this is not the consumer group the study is referring to.

I am not a retiree and I am also wondering how much is enough though I believe 1.4k it is enough. I have to openly confess that I will not be in this group, so I have never sat down to work out item by item.

For the interest of discussion, let me start it here and all could chip in and rework the sum.

Good to keep one alive:

Breakfast -$5

Lunch - $6

Dinner - $7

1 kopi session - $3

Total daily - $21,

AVERAGE Total monthly - $630.

Utility bill plus gas(per person) - $50

Transport -$100

Property tax - $50

Groceries plus maintenance - $150?

Avg medical plus insurance $150?

Total about $1,130, leaving behind $270 for saving, contingency , angbao , short holiday once in a while etc etc.

And my assumption is:

1. For lower income bracket group who just need to live by reasonably.

2. Stay in fully paid HDB

2. not a car owners who is about 20% of the population

3. not for condo owners , again those are 20% of the population who are at the higher income bracket.

4. No car expense, no condo maintenance fees etc.

5. When sick, the only place to go is polyclinic and public hospital, and there is medical insurance to cover already.

6. Basic lifestyle, any expensive hobbies, high end stuffers are by choice, those must not be added into the expense here.

The food expense assumption is a very rough estimate, if one goes by ntuc groceries and home cooked food, the per meal cost can be lower, this is where the expense could be further adjusted,.not much though.

Please help suggest what else..

And no but.. ,because.., if.., then again.. , because this is about lowest minimum, so no high end food, no luxury items etc.

Suggestions and comments are all welcome, anonymous dislike is ok with me.....Haha. have a good weekend.

I concur

If one lives frugally and without the frills , n be achieved

Save a bit for holidays annually etc

But save more for those medics expenses

Shd start a love letter thread and al can contribute to see the pattern and how much copy paste it performs

At the very least, this is harassment

He got quote references anot? Hahhah

Need to reference mah

you start the thread....titled love letter from an idiot......eh sorry....from sccsb...eh...sorry....alfa male!

Supersonic
(edited)

I concur

If one lives frugally and without the frills , n be achieved

Save a bit for holidays annually etc

But save more for those medics expenses

The problem is almost all MCFers here own a car, and once we spend on large ticket item like a car, we are not so calculating with lower cost items and will spend more freely. I believe many of us here hardly ever sit down to think harder how much MINMALLY is needed for very basic spending. When doing this calculation, we need strip away car, private housing, just imagine we have to migrate our lifestyle to the average household group and start figuring out the sum. Now we may use our money to fit our lifestyle, when there is not enough money, one has to adjust his lifestyle to fit the pocket. Edited by Ct3833

you start the thread....titled love letter from an idiot......eh sorry....from sccsb...eh...sorry....alfa male!ððð....no lah...he no give reference...just shoot using mouth as blanks........knn!

Nah

Go steam

https://www.mycarforum.com/topic/2715976-the-love-letter-thread/?p=6694088&do=findComment&comment=6694088

The problem is almost all MCFers here own a car, and once we spend on large ticket item like a car, we are not so calculating with lower cost items and will spend more freely. I believe many of us here hardly ever sit down to think harder how much MINMALLY is needed for very basic spending. When doing this calculation, we need strip away car, private housing, just imagine we have to migrate our lifestyle to the average household group and start figuring out the sum. Now we may use our money to fit our lifestyle, when there is not enough money, one has to adjust his lifestyle to fit the pocket.

Definitely

Have enjoyed and now time to just live simply and heathy

↡ Advertisement