You Need 1.4k per old person to meet basic living standard

therock

(edited)

propaganda to up the minimum sum in cpf

someone just started burning monies to fight Starbucks

Edited by Staff69
  • Praise 3

Woah. Your monthly maintenance is really high...

Woah. Your monthly maintenance is really high...

Dont be jealous

• Praise 1
  • Haha! 1

Supersonic

U fellas neber factor in retirement job as table wiper ah? Heard in MCF easily $500k pa in a bad month wor...

Fakenews is a crime now hor.

Not jealous.

Just think his monthly maintenance isn't in line with his other expenditure.

He from well to do family and pass down from parent  ... pte house , car etc ... 

as long as got budget , no worry with lifestyle 

If for me ........  bo bian , bread everyday + cheap $2 chai png . No need TV . Maybe just internet + 1 shared mobile . If no need see doc , I think can survive . 

• Praise 3

Wife and I take public transport to work and back leh.

Past one year, only brought my family to eat in a restaurant 3 times. No cafes.

I really think that that is not healthy.

Not to you, not to your wife nor your family.

• Dislike 1

Turbocharged

One of the frightening costs is medical. Inflation will also see your saving strank. Of course, if we are just happy to pass the balance days the same way and hoping we need not have to spend anything extra. I don't think it is wise to bet on $1.3k but if that is what you have then you really have to watch your budget very carefully.

One of the frightening costs is medical. Inflation will also see your saving strank. Of course, if we are just happy to pass the balance days the same way and hoping we need not have to spend anything extra. I don't think it is wise to bet on $1.3k but if that is what you have then you really have to watch your budget very carefully.

Confirm

Stamp

Chop

If $1.4k per mth is all the liquidity we hve upon retirement, it's probably better to keep working

My savings also depleting fast.

I need to get some money soon

Still have many years to live before can touch CPF.

Maybe need to sell Rolex again

Supersonic

I really think that that is not healthy.

Not to you, not to your wife nor your family.

The public transport part or the not eating in restaurants?

U fellas neber factor in retirement job as table wiper ah? Heard in MCF easily $500k pa in a bad month wor...

Hmm.. this survey is looking at the cost side of things, assuming the income stream comes from cpf payouts only..

In reality, if the couple is fit n healthy n financially planned well, the income could be better n their living std can be higher..

Going by current situation, the husband/& or wife, can get a coe car n drive grab together to earn net about 2k+ a mth between them, after all car exps HV been paid. Time frame is assumed to be 10 yrs after 65,so this income add quite a lot. Since the kids have grown up, so can act as personal chauffeur to the Grand kids too.. plus can take drive holidays to Malaysia with friends n family at low cost..

Also, if HV another paid up property, can HV about 2.5k monthly rent income. Add in other investment income like ins policy payouts, stock dividends n appreciation, bond payouts etc, can HV abt Ave ?1k? A mth income.. of course HV tax to pay, but still got substantial mthly income, abt net after tax Abt 4k a mth between them..

Additional cost omitted in this study is the insurance, for h&s (impt!),pa, gp exps etc.. these can cost about 9k a year for both, or 4.5k a pax or 375 a mth a pax..

So total mthly income per pax is 1.4k from cpf, other income 2k per pax, less med ins $375 = Abt $3k a mth a pax to spend on food, utilities, leisure etc. Quite ok based on today's cost of living std..

So is impt to start early to keep fit, physically & financially, to achieve a reasonable retirement std of living from 65.. these assumptions r based on staying in SG after retirement, but if retiring overseas, then std of living will vary depending if you're staying in regional lower cost countries or elsewhere.. 2¢

• Praise 1

The public transport part or the not eating in restaurants?

The overall

There is no need to splurge but to stinge is also not good.

Recall you earn about $100k per yr right?

Its decent for a mid 30s guy.

Anyway,just my opinion base on my understanding which could be wrong

You hv your reasons, of course.

Am not saying its wrong as i respect peoples choices but i feel can be better for you and family

• Praise 1

Supersonic
(edited)

The overall

There is no need to splurge but to stinge is also not good.

Recall you earn about $100k per yr right?

Its decent for a mid 30s guy.

Anyway,just my opinion base on my understanding which could be wrong

You hv your reasons, of course.

Am not saying its wrong as i respect peoples choices but i feel can be better for you and family

So I said he is another millionaire in the making 是对的。

Must stay in the cheapest rate ward of a public hospital to maximize subsidies. Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 1

So I said he is another millionaire in the making 是对的。 .

Confirm, he is the 1st disciple of Sifu @enye

↡ Advertisement