New Funan IT Mall

Thaiyotakamli

That was in the past.

These days people will just go down to funan to check out the models, touch here touch there a bit and then get some food. While getting food, can do price comparison on the internet and place order if the price difference is significant.

So how to have an entire mall of showroom space?

I miss the Funan mall from the olden days.

The place so dim and nice to explore plus the food court upstair.

Corona chicken rice! Yummy!

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

upstair wywy wonderspace ah?

You like DIM places?  :slow:

• Praise 1

Supersonic

yet another mall.

how many malls, selling the same thing, doing the same thing, do you want ?

Went there last week afternoon. Traffic was crazy because of ndp rehearsal.

There are a lot more eatery than IT shops. Bicycle lanes are a joke. It's so narrow I think it's around 0.5meters wide. It has a plant farm, outdoor soccer court with netting, cinema(gv), roof top garden....etc. Quite boring. Will not go any time soon.

I wont go back, the design is a mess, very crampy and boring. Nothing excite me rather go bugis plus and have connecting bridhe to bugis junction and can walk to bugis street too.

yet another mall.

how many malls, selling the same thing, doing the same thing, do you want ?

Funny thing they trying to upsell this mall as only bicycle friendly mall, and when i went there bicycle can only go 7-10am lol. And bicycle route less than 200-300m

I wont go back, the design is a mess, very crampy and boring. Nothing excite me rather go bugis plus and have connecting bridhe to bugis junction and can walk to bugis street too.

Funny thing they trying to upsell this mall as only bicycle friendly mall, and when i went there bicycle can only go 7-10am lol. And bicycle route less than 200-300m

Yeah, bicycle track is a joke lol, more like jogging track  :a-good:

These days, mixed development is the in-thing, even HDB has mixed development BTOs.

Money not spent to revive its soul and character.

Its more like huge money spent on a lavish and protracted wake. Funan "the NO MORE the IT Mall" is truly dead.

Now computers and parts are sold on line so sellers can enjoy cheaper rental in industrial parks

Even computer assembly is advertised in Carousell

Really no need to maintain a physical shop

Basically computer physical retail harder to make money due to rental

Haha these days I see who donât want old laptop PC

Then I put in ssd and install win10

Then can work already

With a bit of tweak and ingenuity maybe industrial parks can be more popular than these mass produced malls since prices has totally dumbed down the enthusiasm. That will mean the malls dun even has a place for their ashes then. And then the whole profit at all cost will rinse and repeat again.

Our country development plans is indeed soul cleansing, people lose soul, businesses also lose soul.

• Praise 1

Money not spent to revive its soul and character.

Its more like huge money spent on a lavish and protracted wake. Funan "the NO MORE the IT Mall" is truly dead.

Most malls are 50% makan anyway, no souls cos only got fats  :a-happy:

Supersonic

I also don’t like the look and feel of Funan mall. But no choice, gotta go there every day cuz my office is there.

Supersonic

I also don’t like the look and feel of Funan mall. But no choice, gotta go there every day cuz my office is there.

Still havent go to Funan mall yet.  [:p]

Most malls are 50% makan anyway, no souls cos only got fats :a-happy:

Every time major reno, or a shop close down, will pop up more and more f&b.

Twincharged
sample of what to come !!

Food deliveryman hit 3-year-old boy while riding e-scooter in crowded Nex mall

The Straits Times
July 26, 2019

A food delivery worker riding an e-scooter along a crowded corridor in Nex shopping mall knocked into a toddler, who hit his head on the floor when he fell.

Neo Jia Ming, 20, who used to work for Deliveroo, was sentenced yesterday to a year's probation.

As part of the conditions, he has to perform 80 hours of community service and remain indoors from 10pm to 6am every day.

His paternal uncle and mother were also bonded for $5,000 to ensure his good behaviour.

Neo pleaded guilty on June 27 to causing hurt to the three-year-old boy by riding the e-scooter in a rash manner at the Serangoon Central mall.

The toddler, who cannot be named due to his age, was walking out of a shop towards his mother around 7pm on March 18 when Neo spotted him but could not stop in time.

Deputy Public Prosecutor Nicholas Lai told District Judge May Mesenas that the e-scooter hit the boy's forehead, causing him to fall backwards and hit his head against the floor.

The DPP added that the area near the shop on the fourth storey was crowded at the time of the incident, with "many people walking to and fro".

Neo got off his e-scooter and gave the boy's mother his particulars before leaving to deliver food.

The 29-year-old mother alerted a security officer, who advised her to lodge a police report.

Her son was taken to the National University Hospital where he was found to have a bruised forehead and mild tenderness at the back of his head.

The toddler was discharged later that day.

Offenders convicted of causing hurt to others by performing a rash act can be jailed for up to a year and fined up to $5,000.

Turbocharged

finally visited new Funan mall last week

not bad lah, nice design and with good crowd

but only level 2-3 feel like IT mall.... level 1 more like lifestyle, and B1-B2 are makan

↡ Advertisement