New Funan IT Mall

Thaiyotakamli

Supersonic

IT products ppl still buy in retail shop?

Nope

Now buy at lelong sales like comex

↡ Advertisement

Which part hurts your eyes? So fast this mall torned down and now reopen liao?! ð

U see the interior design, damn complex lol

No mall beats the SLS in terms of IT stuffs, too bad SLS also going.

True no other place like SLS, SLS should remain the same to attract tourists

Supersonic

U see the interior design, damn complex lol

True no other place like SLS, SLS should remain the same to attract tourists

Let me go see look when the mall is opened, how complex the interior design is, see if i get headache or not?  [:p]

4th Gear

With the prevalence of e-commerce, for quite a while I've been anticipating the downfall of malls but there's apparently quite a bunch of people who would still buy stuff only if they can touch.

The like of Challenger which is still thriving is a good example.

With this new building, don't expect things to be cheap or even marginally more expensive than SLS anymore. Definitely will be hell lot  more expensive than SLS.

The landlord will jack up the rental to cover the cost of rebuilding and soon it will be a ghost town just like other malls in town.

I don't expect any tenant there to be able to offer competitive prices for IT products and sustain their business there in the long term.

Supersonic

With the prevalence of e-commerce, for quite a while I've been anticipating the downfall of malls but there's apparently quite a bunch of people who would still buy stuff only if they can touch.

The like of Challenger which is still thriving is a good example.

Challenger downsize their store, this could be the reason why they are able to sustain the business?!

Supersonic

Visited the mall in the noon today. Very crowded still. :a-whiteflag:  :a-noway:  :a-SOS:  :a-aggressive:  :a-cya:

New mall always crowded when it newly opened de. I still havent go see look yet, cause forgotten about this new mall?! Now see this thread then remember funan mall just opened and i havent go there yet?! Lol.

Turbocharged

Hahaha haven’t even go jewel yet :XD:

Jewel is ok lah.. space big enuff to cater for the crowd unless you wanna try those "to die for" eatery..

The crowd shld be more or there stabilize oredi. 

• Praise 2

Was at funan mall over weekend to scout out the place. In the past, i use to visit funan from time to time to scout out the latest IT gadgets and stuffs.

The people who are managing Funan now has manage to transform it from Funan IT Mall to Funan Food Mall. What use to be level after level of different IT shop has basically been reduce to a single level of IT shops with levels after levels of food outlets sprinkle with a bit of clothings, bedsheet...etc outlets

To sum it up, if i need to look for IT stuffs. I think that i would be better off at sim lim square. Food wise, maybe i will consider funan. But then again the food there dun look so fantastic. Just ur usual normal restaurant hunts. Nothing to shout about. Over time, Funan will just be another forgotten mall like majority of the rest of the mall out there. The identity of funan as a IT place aside from sim lim square is no more. [:p] 

Turbocharged

Was at funan mall over weekend to scout out the place. In the past, i use to visit funan from time to time to scout out the latest IT gadgets and stuffs.

The people who are managing Funan now has manage to transform it from Funan IT Mall to Funan Food Mall. What use to be level after level of different IT shop has basically been reduce to a single level of IT shops with levels after levels of food outlets sprinkle with a bit of clothings, bedsheet...etc outlets

To sum it up, if i need to look for IT stuffs. I think that i would be better off at sim lim square. Food wise, maybe i will consider funan. But then again the food there dun look so fantastic. Just ur usual normal restaurant hunts. Nothing to shout about. Over time, Funan will just be another forgotten mall like majority of the rest of the mall out there. The identity of funan as a IT place aside from sim lim square is no more. [:p] 

IT shops is a dying trend, that's why it may not make sense for them to revamp as an IT mall again. Even sim lim square is going for enbloc and may be gone soon, the best bet is to buy online or patronize shops like challenger. 

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2