Learn from my mistake.

Marry an orphan, marry an orphan.

:D

With a kinky twin sister would be good too. [thumbsup]

93f9cc389dd997de2fd217fb18651569.jpg

Non identical twin better...otherwise mon-sun no difference

↡ Advertisement

Twincharged

Ya haha. Marriage is tough journey and not for all esp those with little shared belief eg religious, cultural systems I feel.

And yes people with access like celebrities tend not get married or get divorced anyway.

To each their own - but do heed wisdom of others like Turboflat4 haha.

On gay marriage, anti-gay people object on religious grounds - not realising they do NOT own the institution of marriage (largely legal) in a secular society. They will come up with many non-religious reasons which are mostly unconvincing.

But my point is this: if I am a practicing gay and have material access and no need to own hdb blah blah, why should I let the availability of the marriage complicate my relationship as it has always been with heterosexuals and suffer one-anusitis/vaginitis? Hahaha

On this basis, most gay people should be most anti-gay marriage. Right or not? :-)

The thing is, if you are gay, when you are old, or weak.. your partner have no way to help you, and vice versa.. imagine you in icu, and as far as hospital is concerned, your partner is not welcome.

Or your relatives who have disowned you.. come and claim your assets cos you "No family"..

There are many legal implications.

The thing is, if you are gay, when you are old, or weak.. your partner have no way to help you, and vice versa.. imagine you in icu, and as far as hospital is concerned, your partner is not welcome.

Or your relatives who have disowned you.. come and claim your assets cos you "No family"..

There are many legal implications.

Taiwan legalised marriage do give the partner legal right il when come to medical consent.

only the adoption where Taiwan still forbid.

(edited)

deleted

If there is any good time to resurrect, this would be it.

come to think of it..grand children. one sick. one sexual desire very much against the norm of society. one son suing one nephew.

hmmmm..3rd generation of LKY legacy?

Edited by Kopites

(edited)

富不过三代

whether it’s money or power ...

this 5000 years old idiom seems still valid

Edited by Wt_know

Twincharged

deleted

come to think of it..grand children. one sick. one sexual desire very much against the norm of society. one son suing one nephew.

hmmmm..3rd generation of LKY legacy?

Huh? Sick? Which one?

Taiwan legalised marriage do give the partner legal right il when come to medical consent.

only the adoption where Taiwan still forbid.

From what I heard.. roc quite balanced solution. May be a template for others.

Hypersonic

Yes. By transforming bliss into suffering, it makes unmarried friends feel better about their life "choices" (in quotes, because choices imply volition and many are involuntarily unattached).

Basically, marriage democratically distributes suffering. Thereby reducing envy. And brings more people into a world already dangerously overpopulated, thereby solving another problem that never needed solving.

Marriage, as they say, is a three ring circus.

First the engagement ring.

Then the wedding ring.

Finally the suffering.

Seriously, "happily married" is almost always an oxymoron. But while there are some who swear off marriage entirely, it's interesting how even highly intelligent people keep going back for more, almost as if it were an addictive drug. Look up Bertrand Russell and see how many times that high level genius IQ dipshit got married.

(edited)

Elephant in the room........ In order to even get gay marriage, passed, they need to first get the gay sex law revoked. 

Not happening in this generation or 2.

You can get married but cannot have sex....  :blink:

If there is any good time to resurrect, this would be it.

Edited by Vratenza
  • Praise 1

Supersonic
(edited)

Ya haha. Marriage is tough journey and not for all esp those with little shared belief eg religious, cultural systems I feel.

Shared beliefs can become a crutch, or worse - a cage. How many "happily married" couples seethe and roil in quiet desperation because of worries of being seen as failures by those who share their faith or belief system? And people can fall in love despite barriers like religion or skin colour, yet many of them still fail to end up married to each other because of parental objections due to anachronistic and irrational prejudices. Then again, I know of people of different races who go to the same church and end up married to general acceptance and even blessing. So I guess it's six of one and half a dozen of the other. :D

And yes people with access like celebrities tend not get married or get divorced anyway.

One way to look at it is that these actor/actress types have various mild personality disorders, like that of the histrionic type, which propel them to jump into and out of commitments like they were nothing. But another way to look at it is that when there is little to no stigma attached to divorce, the reality is that marriages almost never last too long. Maybe the latter is the right conclusion to draw in the modern era.

To each their own - but do heed wisdom of others like Turboflat4 haha.

You're too kind. I've been called many things. "Wise" is not among them unless you're counting "wiseass". Edited by Turboflat4

Twincharged

Elephant in the room........ In order to even get gay marriage, passed, they need to first get the gay sex law revoked.

You can get married but cannot have sex.... :blink:

Just name it "partner emeritus"... " teleportation marriage".... "friendzone union".. " gay represented constituency"

Stranger things have happened

Of course I totally agree with you as usual.

More gay marriages means more MILs.

Spread the suffering around.  [thumbsup]

I wonder will MIL behaviour differently in such case ........  <_<

• Praise 2

You can get married but cannot have sex....  :blink:

A legislation enforcer choose to close both eye

:XD: :XD:

Call me whatever, i will never support gay marriages.

It obviously goes against the nature, even if you put aside the concept of God and religion. Just look around the nature and you will have a good idea why we have male and female of almost everything.

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 6