Join us at the SGCM Arcade Drive and win up to $27,000 discounts from Volkswagen and ŠKODA! Read more... ×
Anakinsky

2010 Audi A6 - good for COE extension ?

Hypersonic

wah seh. i bummed rides off my friends for my schooling life.

Sometimes can drive my dad's car at night go supper or when he go holidays with my mum only.

haha sat in many a sunny, vios, corolla, lancer, peugot 206 etc etc.

once in a while got bmw 320 lol.

My most memorable ride then was Saab 900s where my friend borrowed from his uncle. The styling is so unique till today with the upright windscreen.

It was a bucket list for me to own a Saab, although I did only with a 9-3.

↡ Advertisement

Turbocharged

I drove a Datsun 100A FII in my poly days while the ah sia kia drove the CRX. Thats the difference....hahahahhahaha

In the late 80's,while i was in Army,the CO of AETI [Airforce training School in Changi],drive the Datsun 120Y :mellow: ,while it Cook[a Very rich Brat],drive a Nissan 200SX Sports Car. [:)]

6th Gear

A friend told me he rather take public transport than be seen driving a Mitsubishi Attrage.

Possible. Different people different views towards attrage

A friend told me he rather take public transport than be seen driving a Mitsubishi Attrage.

Possible. Different people different views towards attrage

Hypersonic

In the late 80's,while i was in Army,the CO of AETI [Airforce training School in Changi],drive the Datsun 120Y :mellow: ,while it Cook[a Very rich Brat],drive a Nissan 200SX Sports Car. [:)]

Lagi big contrast....haahahahah

6th Gear

Wah from the car models you all describe during your schooling or army days, i can roughly estimate your age. Haha..

When my time, Datsun 100A not so popular liao. It was Daihatsu Charade, Starlet, CRX, EG civic, Mazda Astina..

Hypersonic (edited)

Wah from the car models you all describe during your schooling or army days, i can roughly estimate your age. Haha..

When my time, Datsun 100A not so popular liao. It was Daihatsu Charade, Starlet, CRX, EG civic, Mazda Astina..

Cos during my time the 100A FII is the first car i got that Coe was introduced. Edited by Hamburger

Clutched

A6 2.0T FSI MU CVT ABS D/AB HID 2WD 4DR

Is multitronic cvt reliable ? Should I find one having S Tronic instead ?

• Praise 1

4th Gear

Some people rather spend $80K on a prestigious branded 10 year old car with renewed COE instead of a brand new bread and butter car that costs the same, for the snob appeal, and they want to be perceived by their peers as highly successful and having made it in life.

There are also property agents and insurance sales staff who need the image. If 2 insurance agents approach you, one drives a Toyota Corolla and the other a Mercedes Benz or BMW, whom would you perceive to be more successful and feel more inclined to deal with?

Read this -

Powerful message The painting tells the story of when the Truth and the Lie met on a summery day. The Lie said to the Truth: "It's a marvelous day today"!

The Truth looked up to the skies and sighed, for the day was really beautiful. They spent a lot of time together, ultimately arriving beside a well.

The Lie said to the Truth: "The water is very nice, let's take a bath together!" The Truth, once again suspicious, tested the water and discovered that it indeed was very nice. They undressed and started bathing.

Suddenly, the Lie came out of the water, put on the clothes of the Truth and ran away. The furious Truth came out of the well and ran everywhere to find the Lie and to get her clothes back.

The World, seeing the Truth naked, turned its gaze away, with contempt and rage. The poor Truth returned to the well and disappeared forever, hiding therein, its shame.

Since then, the Lie travels around the world, dressed as the Truth, satisfying the needs of society, because, the World, in any case, harbours no wish at all to meet the naked Truth.

"Truth coming out of her well", by Jean-Léon Gérôme, 1896.

I think people will know it is a pre-owned COE car if it is using new SLx/SMx no. plate.

Btw, I do not judge property agent by the car that they are driving. I am more concerned whether they can sell my house at a better price.

• Praise 1

Hypersonic

A6 2.0T FSI MU CVT ABS D/AB HID 2WD 4DR

Is multitronic cvt reliable ? Should I find one having S Tronic instead ?

Very reliable gearbox. So far no complaints from my A6 WhatsApp group.

But as a cvt gearbox, slow off the line and max torque limit is 400NM. So tune with caution.

• Praise 1

1st Gear (edited)

As with any COE cars. Spend sometime to read up on how car actually operates and pick up some DIY skills from there.

Also get a copy of repair manual for your COE car to perform troubleshooting. It will help you to save both time and money by not replacing unnecessary parts.

Singapore workshop doesn’t seems to prefer troubleshooting items to component level. Most of them just like to replace the whole spare part which is often unnecessary. Look out for online forum etc to find tips and tricks to get your vehicle repair in an affordable way.

Edited by Goldenvodka
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

A6 is an underrated & comfy car and not as ubiquitous as the 5 or E

But pre-2016 A6s were using CVT which i would not recommend

The 7-spd wet clutch DSG on post-2016 cars is excellent. Smooth, responsive and problem-free. Don't be put off by those horror DSG stories. Those were probably the dry clutch 7-spd on lower spec cars. B4 my current A6, i had a GTI using wet clutch 6-spd and it was excellent

So I will try to remember wet good dry no good.

I think I can remember that.

• Praise 4

Twincharged

So I will try to remember wet good dry no good.

I think I can remember that. ð

:D

Wetz always good bah...

If not, KY jelly invented for what?

4th Gear

Let's compare 2009 examples with fresh 10 years COEs

Mercedes E200 @ $78,000

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=793032&DL=3194

Jaguar XF @ $36,000 + new 10 yr COE $40,000 = $76,000

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=827594&DL=1433

Audi A6 @ $67,000

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=810457&DL=1120

BMW 520i @ $66,000

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=822744&DL=3024

Volvo S80 @ $65,000

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=811182&DL=3415

Toyota Camry 2.0 @ $61,000

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=818326&DL=2469

Honda Accord 2.0 @ $60,000

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=824270&DL=1010

Nissan Teana 2.0 @ $59,000

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=824163&DL=1288

Mazda 6 2.0 @ $56,000

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=827370&DL=3256

Ford Mondeo 2.3 @ $15,000 + new 10 yr COE $40,000 = $55,000

https://www.sgcarmart.com/used_cars/info.php?ID=816157&DL=3381

I would go for either the -

* 4 speed auto Toyota Camry, or

* 5 speed auto Honda Accord, or

* 5 speed Mazda 6

... for simplicity and ease of maintenance.

The Camry and Accord are more Executive with more refined engines while the Mazda 6 is a little noisy and geared towards that sporty image.

The Teana is just as reliable but i don't like the rubber band effect of CVT gearboxes.

Pre-Skyactiv Mazda models are not worth it as they are fuel drinker.
  • Praise 1

Hypersonic

Wetz always good bah...

If not, KY jelly invented for what?

That's right.

Lubrication is very important.

Dry dsg spoil because metal against metal so much friction cos the parts to break down.

:D

• Praise 1

4th Gear

I find this video review to be informative for the Audi A6. The series also review other used cars models and I find them to be good summaries for across different year range for comparisons.

5th Gear

what is the different between 09 and 10 model? one thing for sure is dep is lot of different.

get a coe a6 which I think no different in specs between 09 and 10, and invest $10k to replace wear and tear, workout to be dep around $8k per year.

• Praise 1

2nd Gear

A6 C6 no doubt is a good solid car to drive. But you might need to find a good condition. number 1 big ticket item is you need engine overhaul as piston got issue which i need to top up 1L oil every 1500km-2000km depending on the traffic condition you drive. more start stop city jam and i'm sure you need top up even faster. heard some bad case is like 500km need top up 1L. 2nd big ticket item should be the transmission cvt which maybe the transmission ecu might uplorry which is like 2-3k to replace i guess.

then it still have electronic problem like the rear electric blind roller uplorry, door lock uplorry, windows can't close properly due to window stuck as it thought there is a object preventing it to close( sorry might not explain well but is a safety feature which i think all 3 big german brand car have) and plus bonnet gas struts uplorry.

wear and tear will be those front control arm bushing, engine mounting and those anti roll bar bush n front linkage bushing.

the good side of this car is parts easily available on taobao especially the control arm bushing and engine mounting which you can get at really cheap price but fake or oem no idea but i use before and is good. i only drive the a6 c6 for 1 year and end of coe is at 170+k km which i clock around 15-20k km for the year i own 

Anyway, i strongly suggest you bring the car to a pro vag workshop to do a check before commit as vag car got some issue not easy to fix and is very common or easy for check engine light to come out. good luck and all i can say vag car is not for those really not willing to part with alot money to own

• Praise 2

5th Gear

i would not want to touch audi, as my brother sold away his a4 2.0t due to engine oil issue.

every 1kkm top up 1L engine oil if I don't remember wrongly.

bmw 5 series will be a better choice for coe or near coe car. between 528 and 520, I will pick the 520 to avoid engine oil leak.

↡ Advertisement