Swapping Numberplate in Msia

zipping

Supersonic

Lol. I just can't figure out why else the summons would've been reported to have been cleared so quickly. Why would an innocent victim pay on his behalf? :D

That was my initial thought too.

Its as if he wants all "bad records" of the BMW to be on the Hyundai or he doesn't want his BMW to be "recognised" by original set of numbers.

Guesstimates at best. But those summons sure paid very fast so that perhaps the Msia govt have no real reason to stop and pay that 2 years old summon.

Safe ride

Cheers

↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 2

Supersonic

Maybe the innocent guy who borrowed the license plate paid up the fine ?

You mean the innocent guy who unwillingly lent the plate number? Why would he?
  • Praise 1

Supersonic
(edited)

You mean the innocent guy who unwillingly lent the plate number? Why would he?

The "innocent guy" who "borrowed " someone else license plate. I mean that BM guy quickly went to pay to avoid additional attention or even additional law suits. Edited by Ct3833
  • Praise 2

Supersonic

The "innocent guy" who "borrowed " someone else license plate. I mean that BM guy quickly went to pay to avoid additional attention or even additional law suits.

Interesting. Hadn't considered that. Yes, under the current setup I suppose it is possible to just pay with AXS etc. for any random plate. Good thought.

Supersonic

Can you find his name, where he works, his address, mobile number etc in the internet like others such as the cyclist who broke the side mirror of the lorry and others who were CSI?

Technically, dunno. May be possible.

Legally, you'll almost certainly be guilty of an offence - doxxing.

Technically, dunno. May be possible.

Legally, you'll almost certainly be guilty of an offence - doxxing.

Not a lawyer but thought I would be guilty of doxxing if I publish his personal information which I didn't.

Supersonic
(edited)

Not a lawyer but thought I would be guilty of doxxing if I publish his personal information which I didn't.

Well, if you managed to find it out all by yourself and kept it to yourself, that wouldn't be doxxing.

Of course you could've broken other laws finding the info out and broken more laws if you did anything umm... direct with the info.

If you relied on someone else finding out the info and then revealing it to you to privately (or you revealed it to someone else privately), it's my understanding that that's not doxxing. But the line is blurred if you used social media, even in private mode. And what if someone else publicly shares the info you gave them privately?

Then there's the whole intent to harass thing. It's hard to see why you'd want to possess this info for an innocent or legitimate reason.

Right now, no Singapore Court has yet had to decide on any given case and set a precedent. Do you really want to be a test case? Does anyone?

I think it's very easy not to fall afoul of this new law. It's basically what used to be said to us (and what we used to say) as kids : MYOB.

Edited by Turboflat4

Well, if you managed to find it out all by yourself and kept it to yourself, that wouldn't be doxxing.

Of course you could've broken other laws finding the info out and broken more laws if you did anything umm... direct with the info.

If you relied on someone else finding out the info and then revealing it to you to privately (or you revealed it to someone else privately), it's my understanding that that's not doxxing. But the line is blurred if you used social media, even in private mode. And what if someone else publicly shares the info you gave them privately?

Then there's the whole intent to harass thing. It's hard to see why you'd want to possess this info for an innocent or legitimate reason.

Right now, no Singapore Court has yet had to decide on any given case and set a precedent. Do you really want to be a test case? Does anyone?

I think it's very easy not to fall afoul of this new law. It's basically what used to be said to us (and what we used to say) as kids : MYOB.

I have no intention of doing what you have suggested but was just replying to comment on my post on page 244.

Supersonic
(edited)

In any case, and I'm not addressing this at anyone in particular, but I welcome the anti-doxxing law, as it really is high time Singaporeans learned to mind their own damn business where things happening to others really don't concern them. Social media has assumed menacing proportions, so let's hope this law cuts all these would-be online vigilantes down to size. They can still post videos of cars with plates intact, but they can't try to "CSI" out identities anymore without risking falling afoul of the new law.

(Addressed to IB trolls who might be lurking) See? I have no problem giving the gahmen credit where I feel its due.

Edited by Turboflat4
  • Praise 5

Speeding is speeding. Of course all who speed are prepared for the consequences, except for this bo lj BMW 320i driver.

to be honest ... how many drive at <110 in nshw? [sly]
even MPV with old folks and chidren also smelly smelly maintain 120 la ...
as msia car reviewer bobby said, today car 120-140 is last time 80-100 ...

in nshw

majority = 120 to 140
some = 140-160
few = 160-180
handful = 180-200+

all are speeding ... change plate to siam summon [hur]
each of everyone sure fall in the above 4 category, just want to admit or not [laugh]

Sue? How to sue?

Poor ass PMD rider riding without insurance and not even sure whether registered or not, not sure if anyone wants to spend that much money on a lawsuit only to find out the poor ass PMD rider got no money to pay anything.

Looks like van have to claim own insurance. Then sue that bugger.

If you are stupid enough to swap numberplate in broad daylight at GP where there are also so many SG cars over there, you must be really quite dumb. If you can afford to buy a bmw pretty sure you can afford to pay your fines.  [rolleyes] And it just has to be a bmw.

post-186600-0-10254800-1558921315_thumb.jpg

While waiting for his car's petrol tank to be filled at a station in Johor, the driver of a Singapore-registered gold BMW 320i switched his licence plates to that registered to a Hyundai car before speeding on a Malaysian highway. The incident on May 18 has prompted an investigation by the Land Transport Authority (LTA) which told The Straits Times that the owner of the Hyundai vehicle has filed a report with the authority. It happened around 7.30am at a Petron station in Gelang Patah, Johor, about a 10-minute drive from the Tuas Checkpoint.

The male driver was seen switching the original licence plate SLX27E to one bearing the registration number SKD2777C. A check on the LTA's One Motoring website showed that the other number belongs to a Hyundai Elantra. The BMW was caught speeding on a Malaysian highway about an hour after switching the plates. But the RM150 (S$49) summons was issued to the Hyundai vehicle instead.

• Praise 6

(edited)

Moron... Want to do also at least do in a secluded plate. Or maybe he wants to sabo his father.

Edited by Tjkbeluga
  • Praise 1

Twincharged
(edited)

swee la. fine the bugger...

theory of the bozo owning both cars has been debunked.

Edited by Mkl22