Budget COE Car ... I30, Avante, Cerato ?

Oneguy

Hi all 

Thank you so much for all the posts. Reading and learning lots about the ECU. Will keep the ECU maintenance in mind. 

$30K budget ... $5K depri ... is for 5 years. 

Now that you guys have mentioned, seems that the 10 year COE is a much better purchase.

↡ Advertisement

Supersonic

Hi all

Thank you so much for all the posts. Reading and learning lots about the ECU. Will keep the ECU maintenance in mind.

$30K budget ... $5K depri ... is for 5 years.

Now that you guys have mentioned, seems that the 10 year COE is a much better purchase.

Yes 10 years COE better, you have the option to drive on after 5 years if you decide to. I renew 10 years too.

(edited)

I had the same budget as you and have settled for a renewal 5 year coe Toyota Allion. I paid $31,800 for it. 1 owner car with lots of freebies already installed. 2 DIN dvd player with reverse camera, fog lights, window visor, v-kool tinting, rear cig plug and iRoad T8 front and rear car camera.

No upgrades from me required. Will just do a one time major service and change all the fluids + spark plugs and air filter. Also aircon filter. The whole car would be as good as new.

I went for 5 year coe cos i dont see myself driving this car after that age. I dont intend to sell it, drive till scrap.

Edited by Adrianli

Yes, for 10 year COE cars, at the 5th year, if you wish to sell, sure can fetch higher than paper value (remaining COE value).

5 year COE renewals are targeted at cash strapped or financially challenged buyers who want to purchase a car.

There is no additional value for resale of COE car. All car dealers will only quote you paper value, that is the remaining COE value. I used to drive a COE car and tried to sell it off. In the end, had to let go at paper value only.

So for me now, i choose the car i want and drive to 5 year and scrap. Thatz it. Dont want to deal with trying to sell off a COE car.

• Praise 2

Turbocharged

Yes 10 years COE better, you have the option to drive on after 5 years if you decide to. I renew 10 years too.

Now can renew 10 years easily should go for 10 instead cause premium quite affordable. My previous car renewed 4 years back if for 10 years was almost 70k, eventually paid $32k for 5 years  [laugh]

• Praise 3

Supersonic

Now can renew 10 years easily should go for 10 instead cause premium quite affordable. My previous car renewed 4 years back if for 10 years was almost 70k, eventually paid $32k for 5 years [laugh]

Yah now is a good time to renew 10 year COE . But mai Kong liao lah, God is fair to you right ? Hahaha.

(edited)

Can go for Proton Exora - May fit yr Budget

Upon purchase, drive to JB Proton Service Center for Major check & change of parts - always available with standard + original price.

Do not repair in SG - cost you BIG BOMB $

Edited by vkmagik

Neutral Newbie

Best coe car is lancer glx. Even more solid than Altis. Drove 260000km when scrap, only aircon clutch failed on 9th year and radiator top leak on 8th year, total repair cost is 700rm . Air-conditioning and altnator still in good condition. The engine and gearbox are so hardy. Changed tyer twice, front brake pad twice. Oil all changed in Malaysia, some time missed one interval also doesn't matter. FC highway very reasonable at 13 to 14km/l . Still see many glx on the road.

• Praise 1

Twincharged

There is no additional value for resale of COE car. All car dealers will only quote you paper value, that is the remaining COE value. I used to drive a COE car and tried to sell it off. In the end, had to let go at paper value only.

So for me now, i choose the car i want and drive to 5 year and scrap. Thatz it. Dont want to deal with trying to sell off a COE car.

yup. I recall some dealers only offer 500 dollars for a merc c200 on the next renewal.

↡ Advertisement