2019 3rd Generation BMW 1 Series (F40)

Wt_know

(edited)

I find that both the front and rear of the vehicle was designed by 2 different architects. The rear looks very good but the front face especially the kidney grille just looks too big , in some angles, looks like a drowned gold fish

Edited by No_worries
↡ Advertisement
  • Praise 1

how sad that a new model that everyone is waiting and now have to wait another 5 years for LCI to fix it ... [laugh]

2020 BMW 1 Series Styling Explained By Head Of Design

To help walk us through the new car, BMW’s Head of Design Domagoj Dukec took to Facebook with an in-depth tour of the compact from front-to-back. Naturally, it starts with a larger Kidney Grille up front that brings the car more in line with BMW’s other offerings. The headlights are mounted a bit higher to also reflect BMW’s current design language, and in top-tier M135i trim, the front fascia is a bit more muscular as well.

Along the side, a new character line running beneath the door handles gives the car a bit more visual punch, while the rear has sharper lines with the L-shaped taillights as and an aggressive lower fascia. And by switching to a front-wheel-drive platform, the 1 Series gains a bit of interior space while actually shrinking slightly out on the outside.

Interestingly, Dukec talks at-length about the platform shift to front-wheel drive. He concedes that customers in the entry-level segment weren’t particularly interested in having a rear-wheel-drive runabout, but he also states that modern technology allows for a front-driven 1 Series to have higher levels of performance. To that end, the new 1 Series does offer a range-topping 2.0-liter turbocharged mill generating 302 horsepower (225 kilowatts) that goes to all four wheels through an eight-speed automatic. If that sounds familiar, it should – the Mercedes-AMG A35 also sports a boosted 2.0-liter mill with the exact same power, turning all four wheels. Coincidence? Not likely.

Whether or not buyers respond positively to the new 1 Series remains to be seen, but it’s clear BMW is hoping to capture sales from both Mercedes-Benz and Audi.
  • Praise 4

(edited)

sibei hideous .... this is 2009 or 2019 design?

the standard instrument cluster + the ugly steering wheel is WORST OFF than KIA

post-7984-0-55246800-1560046019_thumb.jpg

Edited by Wt_know
  • Praise 1

sibei hideous .... this is 2009 or 2019 design?

the standard instrument cluster + the ugly steering wheel is WORST OFF than KIA

No matter how hideous it looks, confirm got ppl buy 118.

BMW badge sells.

(edited)

No matter how hideous it looks, confirm got ppl buy 118.

BMW badge sells.

i dont look down on 118 ... it’s ok for daily driver in spore

but at least get the sport or msport package with

stylo mylo interior and exterior

the standard package is really yang chun wanton mee with no wanton no charsiew ... got a few slice of vege only

Edited by Wt_know

i dont look down on 118 ... it’s ok for daily driver in spore

but at least get the sport or msport package with

stylo mylo interior and exterior

the standard package is really yang chun wanton mee with no wanton no charsiew ... got a few slice of vege only

What you mentioned will push the price up by 10k.

The most hideous is idrive screen.

Get any Hyundai/Kia more stylo as daily drive.

2020 BMW 1 Series Styling Explained By Head Of Design

To help walk us through the new car, BMWâs Head of Design Domagoj Dukec took to Facebook with an in-depth tour of the compact from front-to-back. Naturally, it starts with a larger Kidney Grille up front that brings the car more in line with BMWâs other offerings. The headlights are mounted a bit higher to also reflect BMWâs current design language, and in top-tier M135i trim, the front fascia is a bit more muscular as well.

Along the side, a new character line running beneath the door handles gives the car a bit more visual punch, while the rear has sharper lines with the L-shaped taillights as and an aggressive lower fascia. And by switching to a front-wheel-drive platform, the 1 Series gains a bit of interior space while actually shrinking slightly out on the outside.

Interestingly, Dukec talks at-length about the platform shift to front-wheel drive. He concedes that customers in the entry-level segment werenât particularly interested in having a rear-wheel-drive runabout, but he also states that modern technology allows for a front-driven 1 Series to have higher levels of performance. To that end, the new 1 Series does offer a range-topping 2.0-liter turbocharged mill generating 302 horsepower (225 kilowatts) that goes to all four wheels through an eight-speed automatic. If that sounds familiar, it should â the Mercedes-AMG A35 also sports a boosted 2.0-liter mill with the exact same power, turning all four wheels. Coincidence? Not likely.

Whether or not buyers respond positively to the new 1 Series remains to be seen, but itâs clear BMW is hoping to capture sales from both Mercedes-Benz and Audi.

No one cares
  • Praise 1

(edited)

agreed. yang chun porky without comfort seat options also cannot make it with manual adjustment of steering and front passenger seat [laugh] Edited by Wt_know

agreed. yang chun porky without comfort seat options also cannot make it with manual adjustment of steering and front passenger seat [laugh]

GT2/GT3/speedster also manual adjustment unless get touring pack (if available).

Porsche is offering 718 T which is a strip down car not at strip down price.

(edited)

GT2/GT3/speedster also manual adjustment unless get touring pack (if available).

Porsche is offering 718 T which is a strip down car not at strip down price.

agreed. i am referring to daily street family car

if GT series ... aircon also no need in the name of weight saving ... lol

Edited by Wt_know

On ‎6‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 12:49 PM, Davidtch said:

TaIk about pushing price up. I still feel kinda like goondu lor, go for the bigger engine which pushed 1 series (F20) price up to nearly 520i level. Pay near 520i price but get low rent interior. Everytime see the full decked out leather in the 3/5 series like so comfortable after staring at my budget shoebox interior.

47 minutes ago, Ake109 said:

TaIk about pushing price up. I still feel kinda like goondu lor, go for the bigger engine which pushed 1 series (F20) price up to nearly 520i level. Pay near 520i price but get low rent interior. Everytime see the full decked out leather in the 3/5 series like so comfortable after staring at my budget shoebox interior.

for conti ... there are two choices

either get the low entry model (bare bone) or full msport options model

else the simi sai 53-54 half baked ... options not all have but price also not cheap 

Edited by Wt_know
↡ Advertisement